Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mitsubishi Outlander Interior

westernonewesternone Member Posts: 5
I have been driving my leased 2010 Outlander for a month & love it. One minor complaint. The dashboard & both interior side doors are easily "smudged". I'm tired of watching my wife use a cheese cloth every time she gets in the front passenger seat. Anyone out there have an effective cleaning product they can recommend?
thanks in advance.

Comments

• batman47batman47 Member Posts: 606
    The Outlander interior material is not first class unfortunately. The best thing I could recommend is using a cool water wet cloth to get rid off of the “smudge”. The commercial stuff sold by some shops doesn’t do a good job either. Computer shops sell some wet tissues sachets to clean laptop screen and that have proved to do a good job when your GPS/Navigator screen is full of finger prints. Fluid material in these sachets soon vaporizes taking with it the dirty from your car dashboard.
  • toomanyfumestoomanyfumes Member Posts: 1,019
    Don't use Armor All or equivelant on the dash! We just use a damp cloth when it's dirty and wipe it with a dry dusting cloth occasianally.
    2012 Mustang Premium, 2013 Lincoln MKX Elite, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander.
  • mitsumikemitsumike Member Posts: 3
    I use "303 Aerospace Protectant". Google it for details.
  • westernonewesternone Member Posts: 5
    Thank you all for your helpful responses. I will try all 3 suggestions and hope I can get my wife to spend more time admiring the scenery & less time obsessing over the interior.
  • walterboydwalterboyd Member Posts: 1
    Hi Westernone

Apolgies for coming in late on your request - I have just joined the forum. From Ireland of all places!

I had the same problem with my Outlander and after trying quite a few branded products with their loud claims I stumbled upon Sonus Car Care Products here in the U.K. I tried their Interior Detailing spray and it removed all the gunge that smudges, and left the dash, seats, and other black trim in beautiful matt condition without streaks, swirls of greasy muck or smudges from fingerprints. Just like it was when I drove it out of the dealer's a few months ago. I have searched on Google for the US website and here it is;

http://www.sonus-usa.com/son-620.html

Top Class stuff that does what it says on the tin!

WalterBoyd
  • joet333joet333 Member Posts: 5
    This does not address the issue of smudging but it does have to do with interiors and upkeep/appearance.

I am considering a used 07 Outtie and have choice of the dark interior or the lighter interior, both in leather. I've seen a lighter cloth inside and it appeared fairly soiled. the car with light leather is a distance away and I havn't seen yet.

The black interior I saw was very nice and clean so I wonder how those of you with the lighter interior feel its stays clean? Both for seating and interior trim?

I prefer a lighter color to be a bit cooler in summer, but my wife will be primary driver and she's not so careful keeping things up..... ;)
  • fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    A light interior will show dark dirt. A dark interior will show light dirt. Pick your poison.

My last car was a Galant with a tan leather interior. I washed it occasionally but not as often as I should have. So while the leather wore fine it did darken with dirt over time.

My current Outlander has the black leather interior. The only dirt that really shows so far is light colored stuff on the floor mats & door sills. The seats look good though I am careful to set my briefcase - which has wheels - on the floor & not the seat. I put it on the seat once and it left tracks I had to clean off.

IMO the darker interior shows dust sooner but other than that I don't see them as all that different from an appearance-of-dirt POV.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
  • kdconodkdconod Member Posts: 53
    I'm considering purchasing a 2011 or '12 Outlander and I'm wondering about the cargo space.

I was at a dealer this past weekend and I should've thought to bring a tape measure.

Could someone do me a favor and measure the distance between the wheel wells in the back? And the length of the cargo area with the back seats folded all the way forward.

I do sometimes have to carry equipment around and it would stink if it doesn't fit in between the wheel wells!

So I would greatly appreciate those measurements.
    Mine's not here otherwise I would. There's a decent amount of room especially with the seats folded but it isn't a very wide vehicle.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited October 2011
    We have cargo volume and shoulder room and rear track specs (60.6"), but nothing between the wheel wells. (link)
    37" at the narrowest point between the wheelwells. It widens to around 40" near the tops of them.
  • batman47batman47 Member Posts: 606
    You may find (in Japanese) dimensions and photo of the Outlander (page 12) cargo area at: http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/purchase/cataloglist/pdf/OUTLANDER_1110b.pdf. Dimensions are in mm but easily converted to inches.