Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Yukon Denali Keyless Entry Problems

hoag02hoag02 Member Posts: 1
edited September 2014 in GMC
Purchased my '07 Denali nearly one year ago. Everything has been great on it, however, last week, my remote keyless FOB began giving me issues and I also noticed that the Tire Pressure Monitor light was illuminated (not sure if these two are related or not). Basically, my FOB will work with the door open or about 2-3 minutes after I turn off the car. After this, nothing happens once I press the buttons on the FOB. Replaced the batteries in both FOBs and the same issue occured. Took the Denali into the dealer earlier today, and after the $110 diagnostic test, they told me that the transmittor in the FOB was bad. I trusted their judgement, came home, then tried to unlock my doors with the new FOB later that afternoon. Same issue resulted.

Long story short, anyone else have issues like this with their remote keyless entry system? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• bkgillisbkgillis Member Posts: 1
    I have had the same problem with my '07 Denali. We are still attempting to figure out what is going on with it. Our batterly died and when we jumped it the locks were working again. It must be some setting that gets activated. We just recently noticed that it went back to not working again with the exception of the 3 min window from turning the car off.

Let us know if you find the answer.

Thanks.
  • stocstoc Member Posts: 1
    We purchased our '07 Denali two years ago, and we're experiencing the same issue. We have a 2-3 minute window in which the keyless entry works just after shutting off the engine and removing the keys from the ignition... any help is greatly appreciated!
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    stoc,
    I would recommend taking your vehicle to your local dealer of choice. They will be able to assist you with your keyless entry.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • madman1968madman1968 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    Your only solution is going to the dealer and have reprogram your keyless entry modulo...I had a problem like it with mine XL'07 Denali(actually has 214 K miles) and I was charge $128 for reprogram the modulo(and if you like your remote starter and unlock and lock your car in the middle of winter)is well worth it.
This discussion has been closed.