Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2011 Odyssey Elite and Touring Lease Deal

bluvideobluvideo Member Posts: 4
edited November 2010 in Honda
I have two 30 Month Lease deals on the table and trying to decide which is the better deal.

Elite Deal, MSRP 44,030
$5000 out of pocket to be applied to state taxes, plates, DOC fees, first payment and other misc garbarge.

Residual is 66% with 15,000 miles a year. Honda Finanacial Super Prefered Financing

Monthly payment for 30 months is $450

Touring Deal, MSRP 41,700
$5000 out of pocket to be applied to state taxes, plates, DOC fees, first payment and other misc garbarge.

Residual is 66 % with 15,000 miles a year.
Honda Finanacial Super Prefered Financing

Monthly payment for 30 months is $409.

Other factors that I have to consider is the Elite are very hard to find and only 8 in my state. Most of the time they are sold before they even arrive at the dealerships. Touring are all over and much easier to find and go from dealer to dealer to get.

Is it worth spending the extra $41 a month on a Elite vs. Touring.

Neither vehicle comes with remote start so I might see who is willing to throw it in for me for free with deal.

Another thing that I don't know if anyone thought of is the Elite comes with a 16" by 2" Screen. (2" up and down) compared to the Touring 9" by 9" Screen. For some strange reason the 2" is going to be harder on the eyes.

Any advise or what would you do would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Well, this should have been posted in the existing Odyssey Lease Questions thread - perhaps the mods can move it there and delete this topic.

It's impossible to analyze the offers without the price and money factor. I will say though that putting 5K on the table up front is not the best idea.
  • bluvideobluvideo Member Posts: 4
    Since no one was able to give me much help I decided to get the Elite since they are so hard to get. They are sold before they reach most dealerships just like the one I got. The good thing was I got a little more then 3000 off sticker price and only paid 1000 over dealer cost. So I got a really great deal. Since most dealerships since the suppy is so limited are selling these for sticker.

just hooked up a external blu-ray player to the hdmi input. all i can say is wow. this is a family vehicle, moblile movie theater or a love machine on wheels.

to all the dealerships i called in nj ( about 30 of them) would love to come pick you up and show you my new machine.
  • traction1traction1 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2012
    I bought a Touring Elite last April and have had a daily problem with the engine and/or drivetrain since. The van will hesitate or chug between shifting gears. It has been in for service 3-4 times and the last time the technicians agreed there's something wrong but sent the matter to corporate engineers to figure out how to fix it. I was then told I was not the only one and they are supposed to get back to me today with a decision. I'm not sure what to expect but perhaps having to fight it with a lemon law. I just received a phone call from them and they want to install a software update that may fix the problem. We shall see.