Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

M35 rotor resurface

the1chazthe1chaz Member Posts: 2
I own a 2008 M35S with 28k miles. The dealer just serviced my car and informed me that I need rear brakes. The dealer wants to charge $289 for pad replacement and rotor resurfacing. I think their price is high since the OEM pads are only $79 (I called the parts department). Is resurfacing necessary with only 28k miles? This is the first time I’ve had to replace brakes (I don’t drive the car hard). Is there anything special about changing the rear brake pads? I’m familiar with changing import car brake pads.

Comments

• ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    My lifetime of experience with cars tells me that doing a brake job without resurfacing the rotors is just a waste of money....unless the current rotors are absolutely flat. It has nothing to do with mileage.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    I've had two Infinitis, and both vehicles required resurfacing or replacing rotors when changing the brake pads. Sadly, this is a much higher cost job than just replacing the pads. On the bright side, during the past 5 years and 100K+ miles on my Infiniti, that was the most expensive "repair" I had.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.