Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford C-MAX

2»

Comments

• Chuckles37Chuckles37 Member Posts: 16
    I had my CMax in for the PCM and MFT updates last week. On the work order there was an entry about performance upgrade. They said the upgrade has to be reported which triggers the sending of the check. Don't know if it BS or not. If I get the check in a couple of weeks, there might be something to it.

FYI - Last tankful before the updates was a personal best 648 miles and 49.43 mpg. All was local driving.
  • ozztruckozztruck Member Posts: 8
    It has been 8 days and 200 miles later with 170 miles all electric on our new CMax Energi. My wife uses it shuttle the kids to school and back daily 17 miles, it finishes the day with about 5 miles left on the battery, due to a gain of 15% from regenerative braking. It only has to be charged for 5 hours at 1.4KW/hour and at 9.5 cents/kilowatt, its 65 cents for 17 miles of driving.
    We purchased this last week , because the $3,000 rebate w/ zero percent financing in addition to the Tax credits and the Ford X-plan made a lot of financial sense. The icing in the cake is the driving dynamics of the Cmax and the EV mode makes for a very smooth drivetrain, like a Rolls Royce. I do drive the car about 4 miles/week on gasoline only mode, just to keep the 12V battery and the gas engine lubricated.
  • hofhof Member Posts: 15
    I just brought my car in for the headliner recall. At the same time, they "updated" MyFordTouch (8-inch non-Sony). I say updated, but "broke" would be a better word. Before the update, the system would generally pair and keep paired with my phone, with only an occasional dropped call. After the update, the bluetooth struggles to pair and after pairing drops after a couple seconds. I like the car, but I'm not at all happy with how Ford handled the recall. With all the other cars from other manufacturer's that I've brought in for recall work, the dealer offered me a loaner car. My Ford dealer refused to loan me a car. Now I have to find the time to bring it in and hope they can get the software back to where it was when I brought it in. Not cool, Ford. (By the way, before the cold weather hit, my lifetime MPG hit 45.1 displayed. In freezing weather, I usually don't hit 40, so the lifetime MPG is going down as expected. Current tank driven 80% of the time in freezing weather shows 36.)
  • hofhof Member Posts: 15
    It is my understanding that the CVT in the 2013-2014 C-Max is a new transmission built in Michigan. Does anyone know if it is related to the mid-oughts CVT used in British C-Maxes? Here's an article from a website called honestjohn.com that discusses in length problems Ford had with the CVT in the 2003 and 2004 C-Max paired with the diesel engine. What disturbs me most isn't that the problem 0happened it is how Ford handled it. It reminds me of how GM dealt with problems in the 1980s-90s, a time period when Ford was noticeably better from what I saw.

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/ford-c-max-cvts/
  • rrollntdirrollntdi Member Posts: 52
    Hi. My Sony version of MyFordTouch seems to be good at the 3.6 update. When the Blue Tooth won't link up, it usually means I need to restart my phone. The lack of a free loaner car is a dealership issue. I bought my Energi at Roy O'Brien in St. Clair Shores, MI which provides a free loaner for all service for 36K miles or 3 years. My lifetime MPGe is also dropping daily, as expected with the cold weather. It was at a high near 60 and is down to 58.2. The last tank I only traveled 762 miles with about 68% EV use. In the Summer I can easily go 1200 miles with about 78% EV.
  • flitzhoffflitzhoff Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I test drove a 2015 C-max SE the other day and it drove nicely. Doing some research, the earlier models were reported by Consumer Reports and J.D. Power & Associates to have severe reliability and quality issues, with the electrical system being the biggest worry.

I don't see any mention of electrical issues on this blog, however, and there is nothing from Ford or elsewhere that I can find that indicates the earlier-model problems were ironed out.

I am planning to wait to see if Consumer Reports lifts their "much worse than average" reliability judgment before wading in, but I would appreciate any help I can get to find good objective reporting on the issue. Note: the mileage flap is a non-issue for me.

Thanks much!