Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

MINI Countryman

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
Talk about the Countryman here!

Comments

• busirisbusiris Member Posts: 3,490
    My wife has a 2005 MINI convertible currently and is looking for something a little larger in a 1-2 year time frame, so we went by the MINI dealership last Saturday and drove an automatic S-model Countryman.

Plenty of power, and the sport mode along with paddle shifters really appealed to her.

Its rather an odd looking thing, but I think she may take a hard look at it when it comes time for a new vehicle.
  • odie6lodie6l Member Posts: 1,173
    I'm actually looking forward to check out the Countryman All4 down at the 2011 Philadelphia Auto Show. This is one of the few models my wife is interested in to replace "Quicksilver" (her 2003 Honda Accord). My girls have already nemed it "Hank" if we end up getting one.

Odie
  • fierketfierket Member Posts: 6
    My wife and I have a 2009 Mini Cooper S and love it. We were excited to see that Mini was going to come out with something a little larger and all wheel drive. Michigan winters can be challenging in the Cooper. We went to the dealer ship last week and ordered a Countryman All4 in Pure Red. Should have it end of March. Decided to go with the larger size due to the fact that we had a baby just over a year ago and need the extra space for the huge car seat and all of his stuff when traveling. Test drove it and was not surprised that we loved it right away. Will miss the hidden compartment above the dash but will love the added space and ease of child retrieval from the back doors!
    Now the tough part... waiting!
  • jemmettgjemmettg Member Posts: 5
    I'd be interested to hear what other people buying experience has been for their Countryman. The local dealer is claiming that nobody is discounting off of MSRP. However an initial internet offer from one dealer 180 miles away over in another state, was $500 off. I also have an online credit car program that lists some (I would guess ordering) at $1250 off of MSRP. How well did you do?
  • diegoroxdiegorox Member Posts: 2
    I ordered one in February and received $600 off MSRP. The discounts are small but the inventory at this time is not very large. My guess is by the fall one will be able to get $1000+ off MSRP fairly easily.
  • vsc55vsc55 Member Posts: 1
    I bought my 2011 MINI Cooper Countryman S for around $1300 under MSRP in Tampa, FL. The discount varied based on what additional equipment you choose. MSRP on my MINI was $29,700, but I paid $28,400. I'm a member of USAA and used their car buying program to get the discount.
  • jemmettgjemmettg Member Posts: 5
    Hi everyone, I'm still negotiating. My last offer was from the dealer was around $1250 off one on the lot. But they are trying to make us pay for other things (doc fees, etc.) and pick from countryman with options we don't need, like leather seats, etc. I'll keep you posted.
  • kwma3kwma3 Member Posts: 11
    I am shopping for a MINI Countryman in North CA. How much can I go below MSRP?
  • el3553el3553 Member Posts: 3
    I received an offer for $1,500 off an MSRP of $32K; not sure about final price though b/c I didn't inquire about additional doc and delivery fees..
  • soddysunrisesoddysunrise Member Posts: 1
    Does the MINI only come with run flat tires? It looks that way from the website. Having dealt with the PAX run flat tires on a Honda Odyssey for years I am not amused.
  • busirisbusiris Member Posts: 3,490
    Yes, only RFT's are available, but they are not the PAX style RFT's, but of the SST (self-supporting type, ie. stiff sidewall) variety.
  • nylonestarnylonestar Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone,
    I put a deposit of 1k on a 2012 Country yesterday. After reading some posts, it seems that I may have made some mistakes. I was told that I could not negotiate the price on these new 2012 models. I opted for the base model with some upgrades that totaled around 29k.
    With 3k down, the dealer estimates my monthly payment at $415.
    does this sound right? I have sinced asked for the money factor and residual value. He did mention a residual value at around 60%, but didn't give an exact percentage.
    thoughts?
    Since I have already left a deposit, does this screw me?
    thx for any help!
  • tm_tonytm_tony Member Posts: 1
    Unless the dealer ran your credit, there's no way of knowing what your payment will be.

I don't know about the ability to negotiate, but you typically can. However, Minis are selling at sticker if not higher due to demand and such.

Did the dealer happen to tell you when the 2012 Countryman would be released?
  • nylonestarnylonestar Member Posts: 2
    Hi TM
    The dealer told me I should have my mini in 10 weeks time...so I'm guessing they are putting in orders for 2012 mini countrymans.
    Not sure when I will go in to negotiate terms,
    Right now they are saying the MF is .00190 and 62% respectively for
    12k and 36 months.
    Which comes out at $410/mo, just seems like a little much
    for a lease, thoughts?
    Thxx!!
  • dearmedearme Member Posts: 2
    I got my first Mini, a 2011 Countryman, about two months ago and am not very happy because after having the car for about two weeks, I noticed the the silver strip around the back window was loose. Not what you would expect from a new car and especially not from a BMW product. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, has anyone had this issue resolved by the dealer. I was told that they are awaiting parts. :sick:
  • sarab123sarab123 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

Can you please update on Mini's October money factor and residual value for the Countryman S, with the 15k mile lease option?

Thanks so much!
    SB
  • aj77aj77 Member Posts: 1
    MSRP: 25k
    36-month term
    2k trade-in
    $400/month

Good deal?

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,194
    Car_man answers all MINI lease questions, here:
    MINI Lease Questions

Try him out there!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• autojack11autojack11 Member Posts: 39
    Possibly leasing a 2013 JCW Countryman in the next day or two -- Can you please let me know the MF and residual value for 12k and 15k?

and, do you happen to know the August numbers too? Should I wait until Thursday? or jump in before?

Thanks in advance for your quick reply -- I appreciate the help!
  • autojack11autojack11 Member Posts: 39
    Hi Carman -- or other experts,

Any word on the lease numbers for the 2013 JCW Countryman (12 and 15k)? I would really appreciate it.

and anything you know about diving in today/tomorrow v waiting till Thursday is also a great help - Thank in advance!
  • jcleme1537jcleme1537 Member Posts: 10
    Hi Carman can you tell me about this deal?

2014 Countryman S loaded
    MSRP 33,000
    12k miles per year
    $1000 total drive off
    36/mos

$545/mo

Sounds high to me but according to the mini dealer, they don't really haggle on prices due to the high demand of a fully loaded countryman. Can anyone please tell me is this is true? I usually buy BMW so MINI is a brand new experience for me.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Please see Post #19.
  • gacutlergacutler Member Posts: 1

I purchased a mini cooper 2011 countryman with 47,000miles. I had the dealer in North Scottsdale look the car over and was advised that mechanically the car is perfect. As the warranty ran out at 50K why would they want to find anything.

At 56,000 miles the fuel pump in the fuel tank failed. I was told this is not wear and tear and to be expected as this is an old car.

At 56,000 miles the solenoid valve also failed and leaked out pushing oil into the electrical harness up to the computer board. I was told that this is normal. The cost of these two repairs was about $4,600 (Should have been a recall repair).

I also had to replace all four break pads (not unreasonable but it was just another cost ($800).

At 60,000 miles the clutch went bad this is a known issue with this car and they totally redesigned the clutch in the 2013 model. I was told that this is to be expected from a mini. Cost $3,200 (should have been a recall repair).

Total cost of the two repairs that should have been recall repairs was $7,800.

Considering I have had the car for 12,000 miles and the dealer told me that the car was in perfect working order when I purchased it I am to say the least very annoyed and angry. We bought this car to be a low cost effective vehicle. It has been nothing but a money sink. And to quote the dealer these issues are reasonable as the car (a 2011 model) is old. So at minimum I can expect these costs to be incurred every 60,000 miles.

Don't buy a mini if you have the choice they are defective, unreliable and expensive to own and mini expects the customer to pay for recall issues.

Buy a V8 truck it will cost you more in fuel but save you a fortune in repair costs due to poor manufacturing / design.

• tsa1tsa1 Member Posts: 15

Is your car a base countryman or an S? I'm really sorry to hear about your troubles with your Mini. It is after all a BMW AG vehicle and like other German marques they are not the best for reliability. No, thats an understatement, they are the worst for reliability, thats why I got rid of my e90 335i. That car had a 10 year 120k warranty on the high pressure fuel pump, but the ZF built transmission was a known lemon and is a $8000 repair waiting to happen, then theres sparkplugs, injectors, and water pump issues. This is why these brands (Merecedes, Audi, BMW) LOVE that you lease their cars, because the problems usually begin a couple of years after a normal lease ends and you keep purchasing their inferior products. Lexus is the way to go if you luxury, but the problem is there is only one Mini, and this is what we must put up with.

• ltsatxltsatx Member Posts: 5

Hi - Can I get the MF and RV for a 2014 countryman base or s trim in Texas? 10K / 12K miles/36 months. or 24 months. Thanks!

@ltsatx said:
    Hi - Can I get the MF and RV for a 2014 countryman base or s trim in Texas? 10K / 12K miles/36 months. or 24 months. Thanks!

Countryman Base, 36mo, 10K/yr. .00109 MF and 59% residual. Subtract 1% for 12K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• corystorycorystory Member Posts: 15
    hi guys, i just leased a MINI countryman S all4. i just noticed that there is no CooperS badge on the tail gate. There is no CooperS badge anywhere on the exterior of the car. is that normal? :)
    Is an exterior CooperS badge an option that would cost more? LOL
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,121
    corystory said:

hi guys, i just leased a MINI countryman S all4. i just noticed that there is no CooperS badge on the tail gate. There is no CooperS badge anywhere on the exterior of the car. is that normal? :)
    Is an exterior CooperS badge an option that would cost more? LOL

My daughter's MINI has the CooperS badge on the rear hatch - at least, I'm Pretty sure.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• jaysarrjaysarr Member Posts: 19
    edited June 2015
    Hi, do you have the June MF/Residual for Countryman, 10K miles, 3yrs. Any loyalty credit? Thank you.
    jaysarr said:

Hi, do you have the June MF/Residual for Countryman, 10K miles, 3yrs. Any loyalty credit? Thank you.

.00080 MF and 64% residual.

$500 lease credit
    $750 "make it yours" credit
    $250 loyalty credit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jaysarrjaysarr Member Posts: 19
    kyfdx said:

jaysarr said:

$500 lease credit
    $250 loyalty credit.
    Thank you so much :smile: I also wanted to ask you the rates for Countryman S.. same MF/credits? Residual? I really appreciate your help. Thanks.
    jaysarr said:

kyfdx said:

jaysarr said:

$500 lease credit
    $250 loyalty credit.
    Thank you so much :smile: I also wanted to ask you the rates for Countryman S.. same MF/credits? Residual? I really appreciate your help. Thanks.
    .00086 MF and 64% residual

$1000 lease credit
    $1000 "make it yours" credit
    $250 loyalty credit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bluetincanbluetincan Member Posts: 16
    Can you share the current lease rates and credits for a Countryman All4? Does it change if I up the annual mileage to 15k?

Thanks so much.

Can you share the current lease rates and credits for a Countryman All4? Does it change if I up the annual mileage to 15k?

Thanks so much.

.00082 and 63% for 36/10. 60% for 15K miles per year.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• lawandorder360lawandorder360 Member Posts: 1
    Hi there, can I have current rates for the Cooper Countryman? MF, credits and residual? 36/10 would be perfect. Thank you!

Hi there, can I have current rates for the Cooper Countryman? MF, credits and residual? 36/10 would be perfect. Thank you!

.00082 MF and 63% residual.
    $250 option credit. $500 lease loyalty credit

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• lucyredlucyred Member Posts: 95
    Hi, Can you please give me the lease numbers on a 2015 mini countryman all4 for 36months/12thousand miles or whatever lease special they are doing now. Thanks
  • lucyredlucyred Member Posts: 95
    Sorry, for NY thanks
    lucyred said:

Hi, Can you please give me the lease numbers on a 2015 mini countryman all4 for 36months/12thousand miles or whatever lease special they are doing now. Thanks

.00082 and 59%. $1000 option credit

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• harryjhharryjh Member Posts: 12
    Hi, Can you please let me know the MF and residuals for a 2015 and 2016 Mini Countryman S for 36 months/12,000 miles per year in Texas, and any lease credits? Thanks!
    harryjh said:

Hi, Can you please let me know the MF and residuals for a 2015 and 2016 Mini Countryman S for 36 months/12,000 miles per year in Texas, and any lease credits? Thanks!

2015: .00082 MF and 59% residual. $1000 option credit.
    2016: .00134 MF and 56% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator