Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Any experience with 2011 Town and Country?

mic111mic111 Member Posts: 9
I test drove a 2011 Town and Country yesterday and loved it. However before taking the plunge I'd love to hear from those who already bought about their experiences. Please let me know if there is anything I should specifically check out before taking delivery.

Comments

• jpfjpf Member Posts: 496
    The V6 engine is all new. This engine (3.6 liters?) is used in other Chrysler vehicles (e.g. Jeep Grand Cherokee). I would check out the forums to see if any issues have emerged with this engine. Good luck.
  • fredm6fredm6 Member Posts: 51
    I took delivery of my 2011 Town and Country Touring L on March 18th. This is my third T&C. I had leased a 2008 and liked it very much. My first impressions of the 2011 T&C are that it is a much improved van with many new safety features. There are of course some cosmetic changes on the exterior, but the major improvements are not visible to the naked eye. First of all I like the new and improved instrument panel and the new shifter. The information display is much more visible. Second row seats on "Stow and Go" are also much improved with better head rests that do not need to be removed to store the seats. The seats also store much easier that on previous models.
    The 2011 has a new engine and now a six speed transmission. This greatly improves the performance of the van. Engine is very quiet and smooth. It is the new Penstar 6 found in many other new Chrysler models.
    The suspension has also been improved for a better ride and handling.
    The van has a better feel and is very stable on the road.
    New tech safety features, such as left lane warning, rear cross path detection, automatic high beam headlamps are great. Please note that many dealers are ordering their T&C's with these features deleted on the Touring L. This deletion shows on the sticker as minus $1,100 and lowers the final price by that much. At first you might think that you are getting these options free as was the case with previous Walter P editions. Don't buy or lease the new T&C without these high tech safety items. I am told that dealers are doing this to lower the sticker price. Some are doing this and then adding other less important options.
    You should also consider the Driver Convenience Group that includes several useful options including 2nd row heated seats.
    If you haven't driven the new 2011 T&C, I suggest that you do.
  • keanezrakeanezra Member Posts: 8
    I also took delivery of a 2011 T&C last 3/21/11. Great van, value and features. I have 200 miles so far. I, however felt a shudder while on slow reverse uphill. I normally park my van rear first up my driveway and it's quite steep. I have stopped parking this way ever since I felt this shudder several times. I'm bringing it back to the dealer. I'd like to hear some comments/opinions from owners first before I bring it, so I have a better idea on what to say to the dealer in case they give me runaround. Is it too much to ask Mr. fredm6 if your van does the same thing? I'd appreciate the help on this. On the other hand, everything else is perfect. The drive is much better than the 2009 Oddy I leased. Feature wise, it's leaps away from the Honda when considering price paid for. I just hope this is something minor. Crossing my fingers.
  • mic111mic111 Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for your responses. I still want to get this van but am on hold for maybe a month or so until I see if there are any better incentives. If there was one locally outfitted just the way I want I would probably get it but right now it appears I will have to order and I'm not getting good pricing for ordering so am going to wait a bit.
    I have had no experience with the shudder you mention, since I do not need to back up on my driveway. Hope you find out what the problem is.
    I will report that after two weeks of driving my 2011 T&C I find it to be the best one that I have had. This is my fourth T&C. I upgraded from the 2008.
    I love the new transmission, engine and handling. I am also impressed with the safety features such as detecting a vehicle either in your right or left lane. I also find the cross path protection to be very good. This is much improved over the rear sensors found on many other cars. Mileage also seems to be better with the new engine. The fit and finish is outstanding , both interior and exterior. The new instrument panel are shifter are much improved. They have also improved the "stow and go" second seats with improved head rests that fold down. All in all a great van that incorporates many new features that you won't find on the Honda or Toyota at that price.
    I hope you will find a van outfitted like you want. As for incentives, my total was $3750. I could not wait to see if they would get better since my lease was up and I had turn in fee of $425 if I did not get another Chrysler.
    I found it difficult to find one with just the options that I wanted. As I said in a previous post, do not get this van with the Safety Tech items deleted.
    Many dealers are doing this and it shows up on the window sticker as a minus $1,100. All of the Touring L's come with the tech items standard unless the dealer deletes them. I would also recommend getting the customer preference group. Well worth the money. You can do an inventory search of dealers in your area, by going on Chrysler's website. This may not be current or as good as the dealers search is, but at least you get an idea of what might be out there.
  • sangilp84sangilp84 Member Posts: 13
    We purchased the 2011 T & C Touring L van in January 2011. While having the oil changed at 3,000, it set a "check engine" light. The technician looked for a computer-generated code, but there wasn't any.

A few weeks later, when using the remote starting feature, the vehicle started with a chugging sound which diminished after a few seconds. That day, the check engine light came on again and the vehicle was running very sluggish, so we took it to the dealership for repair. We were told that there wasn't any code setting, but they called Chrysler to be told that there could be moisture in some fitting that should be greased to dry it out.

A few days later, the check engine light came on again, and this time we were told that the CAM Sensor was faulty and it was replaced.

A week later on a Sunday, when the remote start was used, twice it started and then stalled. It was started with the key, and a few miles down the road, the check engine light came on again and it started running sluggish again. The next morning (Monday) it was taken back to the dealership for the 3rd time. When it was first started that morning and driven for about 10 miles it was running fine. It was shut off and restarted and the check engine light came on and it was sluggish again. It was shut off and restarted and the light was out and it ran fine.

That day, dealership called to tell us that there isn't any code setting and they can't recreate the problem. They asked us if they could drive it, so one of the techs has been driving it back and forth to work. This morning we called for a status and were told that on the way home last night, it made a funny sound for a few seconds, but no code was set and the check engine light didn't come on.

Needless to say, we are beside ourselves over all of this. It's bad enough that this is our only vehicle, but the rental cars that we have been given in absentia have been substandard in lieu of all of the features that we so enjoy in the van.

Has anyone had any experience of this nature with their 2011 Town & Country?
  • 3tsmom3tsmom Member Posts: 2
    Hello, we purchased our car on April 6 and pretty much have had the same issue as you. We have taken it to the dealership 3 times as well and the 3 times have been told pretty much what you great stated. The check engine light and then we believe that we my have a transmission/aceleration problem as well. We are looking into getting a lawyer, because we feel that the car is not safe. The rental car experience was great.
  • msk2msk2 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2009 T&C and I've heard the new one is better but mine is a piece of crap. It's been in service every 60 days (at least) since I got it. It's in service right now because the ignition turns off if you go over a bump. This is a known issue and there is a recall for certain VIN's though mine isn't included in the recall (yet).

Oh, the car has had 4 radios too.

Long story but the service manager is a [non-permissible content removed] too. Wolfchase in Memphis if you are interested.

I am selling it as soon as I can.

Good luck.
  • wliebswliebs Member Posts: 1
    I had the problem with the shuddering in reverse. Believe it or not, I took it to the dealer and they did a software update. It significantly improved the shuddering.

Is anyone haveing problems with the media center? It is difficult to work with your MP3 files and also I do not think the auto adjustment on the screen (night/day) works.
    Thanks so much for your response! We notified Chryler's Customer Service and have an open case number, but they haven't been much help.

We took our van back to the dealership again today because the noise that it makes when first started is getting more frequent and louder. It sounds like a piston or valve problem, and then exceleration is very slow and he check engine light comes on.

The last time the dealership kept our van for a week and one of their service people drove it back and forth to work, about 70 miles round trip, for 4 days, without being able to recreate the problem We gave it to them with a full tank, but they it back to us with an empty tank!!!

The rental cars have all been okay, but we purchased a van to have the capacity to carry more than 4 or 5 people at a time.

I agree that the car is not safe, and it certainly isn't reliable, considering it has less than 6,000 miles!!!

Would you please let us know the outcome of your experience and I'll do the same?

Thanks again!
  • 3tsmom3tsmom Member Posts: 2
    As stated we have taken our vehicle back 4 times, and now I'm in the process of picking out a new car. Make sure you write Chrysler and also copy the owner it seems that you will be covering all basis that way. Make sure that you have the paperwork from each time you have taken the vehicle in. I'm suppose to be picking out a new one, but I'm not sure if I should just get my money back. I know I will not get what I have with a Honda for the same cost, Honda doesn't have some of the options anyway. I'm between a rock and a hard place. Who's to say that the next one want be a lemon. Good Luck and I will keep you posted.
    How did you go about getting to the point of picking out a new vehicle? Did the dealership tell you to pick out a new vehicle? Is there some way we could talk on the phone about this?
    :sick: We are now having a problem dealing with the service manager about this issue. It is unsafe to drive! Any advice
  • aorozcoaorozco Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,
    I just bought a Chrysler Town & Country a week ago. At less than 300 miles, our check engine light came on. About 15 minutes after that, the engine stalled at a red light. Decided to take it to the dealer immediately and on the way there the RPMS were in the 4000 range without me pressing the gas at all while doing 40 miles an hour. Very scary. Very sluggish acceleration after any stop. I'm waiting for the dealer to call me back to see what they have to say about it.

Since we drove it off the lot less than a week ago, and we only put 50 miles on it before the problems, should I ask for a different vehicle? I don't trust this one any more. I love the van, but the engine seems to have very bad problems...

Any advice?
    We purchased the 2011 T & C Touring L van in January 2011. While having the oil changed at 3,000 miles, it set a "check engine" light. The technician looked for a computer-generated code, but there wasn't any.

A few weeks later, when using the remote starting feature, the vehicle started with a chugging sound which diminished after a few seconds. That day, the check engine light came on again and the vehicle was running very sluggish, so we took it to the dealership for repair. We were told that there wasn't any code setting, but they called Chrysler to be told that there could be moisture in some fitting that should be greased to dry it out.

A few days later, the check engine light came on again, and this time we were told that the CAM Sensor was faulty and it was replaced.

A week later on a Sunday, when the remote start was used, twice it started and then stalled. It was started with the key, and a few miles down the road, the check engine light came on again and it started running sluggish again. The next morning (Monday) it was taken back to the dealership for the 3rd time. When it was first started that morning and driven for about 10 miles it was running fine. It was shut off and restarted and the check engine light came on and it was sluggish again. It was shut off and restarted and the light was out and it ran fine.

That day, dealership called to tell us that there isn't any code setting and they can't recreate the problem. They asked us if they could drive it, so one of the techs has been driving it back and forth to work. This morning we called for a status and were told that on the way home last night, it made a funny sound for a few seconds, but no code was set and the check engine light didn't come on.

Then we werer told by the dealership that Chrysler have them an update to install that would eliminate the stalling problem that was happening when started remotely, and that a part had been ordered that would fix the engine noise/light problem, but in the meantime, we should pick up the van and it would be safe.

Now it sometimes makes funny engine noise when started and it sometimes stalls when remotely started, but the acceleration doesn't decrease. SOMETIMES is the magic word.

We asked Chrysler to arrange for the van to be checked at a different dealership in a different town, and they said they would, but that was over a week ago and we haven't heard another word from them. I left a message for the Supervisor at Chrysler who was to make the arrangements, but he has not returned our calls, so we are in a quandry about what the next steps should be.

My advice is, if you only have 300 miles on it, take it back and stay away from another 2011 Town & Country van............. :sick:
  • vangirl3vangirl3 Member Posts: 6
    just checking in with you all.

i'm thinking about getting the Dodge Caravan. and wondering if the bad experiences were with the caravans that were manufactured in Canada or Mexico?

just wondering if there's a difference.. or if i should switch back to the Sienna.

thank you
  • gmagalgmagal Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2011 T&C in April. Our fifth minivan in the last 20 yrs. Three of them were Chrysler. We love the Stow-N-Go feature of the 2011, quite convenient. However, I noticed that the idling is rough and lately, I am noticing that when I'm accelerating, the car 'jerks' or the engine seems to slip. Seems like there is something wrong with the transmission especially when 'ECON' (for 'Economy' )is activated. So I will be taking it back to the dealer. Does it matter whether I take it back to any dealer? There is a dealer close to my work but they did not have the model that I wanted so I had to buy it elsewhere.
    thank you for the feed back
    We took our new van to a different Chrysler dealership to get a second opinion and they couldn't recreate the noise, stallilng, check engine lights, etc. It dawned on me that we have an old video camera and we ran it each time we started the van, and sure 'nough, we caught it on tape and without shutting it off, headed for the dealership. The tech was FINALLY able to find a code and that code indicates that the "PHASERS" may be the problem. There are 4 of them on the van, and one is faulty. When the tech called for the part, they were informed that they are on back order. Here's hoping that a new phaser fixes the problem...???!!! :cry: :confuse:
    I am also having rough shifts while on ECO mode. Please let us know what they tell you @ the dealership. Thanks.
  • edmurphedmurph Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a new 2011 Town and Country van in May, 2011. The van has been back to the dealer 4 different times because of rattles in the sliding doors. When I start or stop, I can hear the sliding door on the driver's side move slightly. I talked to the mechanic who was able to fix it once and he said that lubed up the doors and that seemed to work. Now, it's a month later and the noise is coming back. The mechanic told me that they had three more vans come in with the same problem. I would like to know if anybody else is having these problems.
    What we have recenly found out from the new dealership that was specially assigned to research the problem with our van is that the cam sensor phasers in the new 2011 T & C vans are faulty. Some vans have only one that is faulty, but others have more than one. The phasers are on back order, so that tells me it's a major fault. At least we have some answers.........
    please tell me if your van was from the manufacturing plant in Canada or Mexico?
    thanks
    The van was from the Canadian plant
    Thank you for sharing your possible solution.
    Chrysler has finally found the "code" for the problem that we have with our 2011 Town & Country van. A Cam Sensor "phaser" needs to be replaced. The service technician told us that we only need one phaser, but other people have to replace more than one for their vans. We were told that there were 225 phasers on back order. What does that tell you??!!! Sounds like a "recall" is in order, huh?!
  • faroutfarout Member Posts: 1,609
    none of the caravans or Town & Country's were made in Mexicco. All caravans & Town & Country's are made in Winsor Canada. The engine could have been made in Mexicp or the US. The Windo sticker states which. I would carefully reconsider the van with an engine made in Mexico, as they have had some issues with Mexican made 3.6 L engines. They are retooling to make all engines in the US. The Hemi engines in the cars and trucks are all made inMexico and have no problems. Remember the 3.6 engine is brand new, first year for this engine, and its gots lots of new goodies. I would make sure I got a Chrysler Service Contract to cover the complete van.
  • faroutfarout Member Posts: 1,609
    As long as Chrysler is aknowleging the problem, and are getting the back orders caught up there won't be a recall. However if the engine does not run then you have a reason to ask the Chrysler Zone Rep to get involved. and the can get things done very soon.
  • redvan11redvan11 Member Posts: 1
    With the cam phaser issue - does your van exhibit a mild but constant engine shuddering at 1200 to 1400 RPM - in neutral or park? Both cold and hot?

First noticed this shuttering or rough idle issue with my van - the day we bought it. At the time - assumed it was a simple to repair cold start issue.

But - over the past 3 months - I have discovered this cold start - rough idle is really a continuous shuttering at 1200 to 1400 RPM - exhibited both cold and hot. It's a little hard to hold the engine RPMS with the accelerator pedal - but possible. And this shuttering does occur when driving - but is not readily apparent as when in neutral or park - w/o the road vibrations.

Three trips to the dealer - including the last 2 with the regional service manager directly involved - and still no resolution, nor even the understanding Chrysler recognizes there is a problem and are working to resolve the problem.

While readily apparent... the "party line" response I have been given is - they (3.6L Pentastar - Chrysler & Dodge Vans) all exhibit this trait and it is "normal" characteristic.

Is any one else having this issue?
    Have never noticed a shudder. The van runs well now that the 4 phasers have been replaced.
  • mbscheidmbscheid Member Posts: 1
    We recently purchased a 2011 Dodge Journey, 3.6L Pentastar engine. I am having the same issue with the shudder. Very noticeable at idle when sitting at a light or stop sign. Two trips to the dealer already, less than 2200 miles on it, and still no solution. They admit that its there, but say its normal as well.

Have you had any luck resolving your issue?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
  • rudybadvanrudybadvan Member Posts: 12
    i purchased my 2011 town and country from barberas on the boulevard in north east philadelphia. my new van has been in for service 3 times in 54 days for the engine light and brakes. the service department sucks rocks. i feel that i didnt receive the same quality of service i did when i brought the van. when you go to purchase a vehicle, they shower you with snacks and bottled water and once your purchased is approved they ring a freaking bell to congradulate you for going into dept. the phone line at this place sucks. dont try to call and expect to talk to the person you called to speak to, you will be on hold for ever. overall my buying experience at this dealership was the worst ever, and getting my van properly fixed at the sevice department was the worst. i have purchased several cars in my life, the 2011 town and country is the worst car i have ever brought. as i type this message, my lawyer has filed a case against crysler(LEMON LAW) :lemon:
    The van isn't a lemon, there are parts that are faulty. It took me 6 months, and changing dealerships, to get to the bottom of the problem. In the end, Chryler customer service referred me to a "special" customer service resolution department in another state, to get the attention and assistance I needed to resolve the problem The problem you are having with the check-engine light is a KNOWN problem Tell the service technician to replace all of the PHASERS. After all was said and done, we formed a great relationship with the new dealership, the van was repaired, and Chrysler made a month's payment on our van. I hung in there because proving that it's a lemon isn't worth the hassle because you have to drive the vehicle until it's resolved, which could take months or years.
  • bulk4bulk4 Member Posts: 2
    I had the same problem, they are now replacing Cam phaser. I wish the dealership would go on line, would have saved a lot of trouble, as we had to bring it in 3 times
    Thanks for sharing your experiences with the Town and Country. Were still interested in getting one but are waiting until my car dies so that more kinks can be worked out of the new design. Please continue to post your experiences.

Thanks!
    Michelle
  • bulk4bulk4 Member Posts: 2
    I think the most important thing is to hold their feet to the fire, If you go in, see what kind of relationship the sales guy has with the service guy(s). There was nothing more frustrating than bringing it in and having them ask "who did you talk to" or we didn't work on that. I wrote them a nasty gram too. I am glad I read these posts, they ended up replacing two exhaust phasers the other two(total of 4), are intake which tested ok. There is definitely an old school chain of command at these dealerships, so I recommend meeting the head guy right away-hopefully you will not have to reacquaint yourself
    i respect your decision to keep your van, however it probably is a lemon. just wait. hopefully you wont experience all of the things that i have. did you know that they have an upgraded front brake pad and front rotor? no you didnt know, because they are not going to tell you unless you complain about excessive brake dust and your brakes start to grind. took 3 times for the service dept to finally get the front brakes from grinding.hopefully they will upgrade the rear brakes and rotors, my back wheels are black as hell from the excessive brake dust. now i am experiencing a problem with my transmission. when the van is in e-con mode, when it shifts into 2nd the van jerks. i have never had a new car do this. i havent had a chance to get to the dealership to show them what this van is doing yet, i work 6 adys a week. i will be taking off1 day this coming week so that they can address my concerns. bottom line is that my 2011 town and country is a lemon and i can wait until the lawyers do what they have to do. i am certain that they will recover ever dime that i spent on this lemon.
    im not sure what state you live in but you can call 1-800-lemonlaw. tell these people what you have been experiencing, maybe they can help. sounds like your car, just like mine is a lemon
    edited November 2011
    Why would you spend ANY money on a new 2011 Town & Country? It should be under warranty. My 2011 Town & Country isn't performing badly since they replaced the phasers. In fact, I'm now getting 22+ miles per gallon, whereas I was only getting 18 before the phasers were replaced. Good luck with your "lemon". And good luck trying to prove that it is a lemon...........I think you're blowing smoke. No need to reply ............. :)
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    Just got back after renting a loaded 2011 T&C. The news articles talk about its improved drive train and engine. My experience - cramped, coarse, underpowered and rather unpleasant to drive. If the surface isn't smooth, it rides like a truck. It struggles going uphill downshifting very loudly, frequently. It isn't all that comfortable on a long drive either. If you are buying a minivan, I think you need to check out some of the competition. The couple of grand higher out the door sales price would seem to be well worth its premium over this gussied up decades old K-car (and you'll probably get more than that difference you spent back at trade in time).
  • briscoe3briscoe3 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    Have you had any transmission problems such as "Shuddering" in low gear?
  • briscoe3briscoe3 Member Posts: 2
    We recently purchased a 2011 T & C Touring after we traded our 2006 T & C and the difference is like night and day. We absolutely loved our 2006 and we really don't like our 2011. I will tell you why. We are having a problem with the transmission whereby it's called a "shudder" by Chrysler but we call it a "thunk" when you first start out and are going about 4 miles per hour. We had it back to the dealer twice and they ended up telling us it is an inherent problem with this year van.
    To quote Chrysler " Certain drivetrain combinations may experience a condition where at low vehicle speeds, the transmission fluid flowing from the impeller to the stator can be momentarily interrupted. This interruption causes torque to be briefly interrupted causing the perceived shudder. Once the vehicle moves above 2-3 mph, the shudder gradually disappears as the torque interruptions become less noticeable. Unfortunately there is no repair for this issue and is a common characteristic of most torque converters under high slip/low speed conditions but is most noticeable on these specific applications due to the low reverse gear ratio. If you compare to another similar vehicle, you'll most likely have the same condition." So our Chrysler dealer refuses to do anything about this and our "shudder" is in "forward" not "reverse"
    like they claim. We are not letting this drop. We are going to pursue every avenue we can starting with contacting Doug Betts who is the VP of Quality and Consumer Satisfaction. Good luck with you decision and if you happened to have bought on already I would be curious to see if you have this problem.
  • advincula632advincula632 Member Posts: 2
    We have a new 2011 T & C Touring, with barely 3,000 miles we have already had the transmission, water pump and belts replaced. There is still a noise coming from the front end of the vehicle. The keyless entry reads that the key is defected, there are other times when the vehicle is started. Once I put it into reverse or drive, depending on the situation, it will shut off, Then I will have to wait to restart the vehicle. ALso there are times while in reverse that the van shakes, sometimes slightly, othertimes it is extensive. We have had the vehicle in and out of the shop . . . they are tellin us that everything checks out fine and it is safe. This is not what we paid for. They said the sounds are "normal". We have also experianced the rough / grinding while changing gears in the shaft.
    i feel your pain. i have an appointment the day after christmas to have my transmission checked out. i went to the dealership 2 weeks ago, and they told me that they reprogramed the computer for the trans. it was banging into second gear. what ever they did, it didnt correct the problem. this is the worst vehicle that i have ever purchased. i suggest that you contact a lemon law attorney. if they do the same repair 3 or more times you have a case. good luck
    i to am having the same problem.i have an appointment monday to have it checked out for the second time. two weeks ago they told me that they reprogramed the computer for the trans, that solved nothing. hopefully they will get it right this time. (im not holding my breath). this is the worst new vehicle that i have ever purchased. heres a tip, if they do the same repair at least 3 times, you have a lemon law case. good luck. stay in touch! P.S Merry Christmas
  • rzcarrzcar Member Posts: 3
    I also am having shudder/vibration problems with our 2011 T&C. They replaced the cylinder head, but problem is still there. The freaking car is a lemon, not sure I am ready for the hassles of lemon law.

My advice to all my family and friends, do NOT BUY CHRYSLER.

When you pay extra dollars for a new car you expect it to perform.

I have never ever had these problems with Japanese cars.

:lemon: :lemon:
    i feel your pain, i have another appointment at the dealership in the morning. the dealership keeps giving me the run around. they are telling me that nothing is wrong with my trans or my brakes. I am 50years old and had about 30 cars in my lifetime new and used, im sure that i know when something is wrong with a trans and brakes. i asked them to have a brand new van available for me to drive to compare the difference between both cars, so that they will finally see that there is something wrong with my transmission. also they need to fix my driverside slide door, and also my brakes. like you said, i also never had problems like this with japanese cars. my other car is a lexus, and i am kicking myself every day for not buying a toyota or a honda. good luck with your van. P.S. Happy New Year
    I thank everyone for their input. We just went through another round of looking at the minivans. I was convinced I wanted the Town and Country but my husband is nervous it will always be in the shop. My 13 yr old Lexus which I have owned from new has been in the shop twice so I'm not used to it. In researching it seems both the Town and Country and Odyssey 2011+ models have transmission issues.

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/54-2011-odyssey/151932-odyssey-touring-transmissio- n-issues.html

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/54-2011-odyssey/150081-hard-shifting.html

It is sort of leaving me with the Sienna which was my least favorite of the three.
    edited January 2012
    NOTICE TO ALL OWNERS OF A 2011 TOWN & COUNTRY TOURING VAN: Going the "lemon law route" will only prolong the agony, without any guarantee that the outcome will meet your expectations.

We have had our 2011 T & C Touring Van for a year, and it took 6 months to finally get it fixed correctly. It was in and out of the dealership so many times and there was so much hate & discontent with their service department that we ended up going to another Chrysler dealership in a different town. Our big issue ended up being the "Phasers". The service manager at the Chrysler dealership in Lakeland, Florida, finally did the leg work needed to get to the bottom of the problem.

I started by calling Chrysler's Customer Service line (1-800-763-8422) and harassed every rep, and their manager, and their manager, and their manager, etc., until they were sick of me, and finally referred me to a number in Michigan (1-866-275-1420) because we are "special" customers, having had a 2008 T & C Touring Van before this one that we traded with only 40,000 miles, for the 2011 model. Those folks in Michigan sat up and took notice, and it was finally repaired. They even made a full month's bank payment for us! :mad: :cry: :surprise: :shades: