Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Any experience with 2011 Town and Country?

2»

Comments

• rudybadvanrudybadvan Member Posts: 12
    your husband is right, it will be in the shop alot. i also have a lexus,a 2007 gs thats been in the shop twice in 5 years. maybe you should try the toyota seinna. ive been kicking myself for not going that route. i just got my van out of the shop, they changed the front and back rotors and brake pads. this makes the 4th time that they changed them in 4 months. the transmission is the worst in any vehicle that i have owned. whatever you do DO NOT BUY A CRYSLER
    i undersatnd that lemon law takes a long time, however im positive that the outcome will be in my favor. i have had to many problems with my van,a one months car payment wont even cover my lost wages. i just got my van out the shop today. they changed the front and back rotors and brakes for the 4th time in 4 months. i truly believe that if enough owners of the 2011 town and country complain about the transmission, they will be forced to do a recall and replace every transmission with a better version. CRYSLER SUCKS
  • tucson76tucson76 Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a 2011 T&C and it too had a BAD shudder. Called a friend who I worked with up north and is a Parts Dept Manager. He got his best A tech on the phone with me and he said there are TWO problems. 1: it could just need a 'reflash' of the tranmission ( that cured mine ) or 2: the converter needs to be shimmed and that requires a dissassemble and photos to show chrysler, then they OK it and do the work.
    Hope this helps.
    BTW, I like my van ;)
    thank alot for that information. i have an appointment at the dealership to have my door panel replaced and i will definitly bring that to the service mgrs attention. hopefully that cures my van.YOU ARE MY HERO. P.S. HAPPY NEW YEAR I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS
  • jackbr1jackbr1 Member Posts: 1
    This isn't a big deal but how do you get the image from a dvd to show up on the dashboard screen. I know it can be done because I did it once but can't remember how I did it. So, I would like to see what is playing on my second row seats on the dvd on the dashboard/media screen.
    im sorry, i only have 1 dvd player in my van and it is in the dash, so im not sure. however my dvd player doesnt work when the car is in drive, they say its for safety
  • underdog39underdog39 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Rudybadvan.
    My question for you is that you mention to tell the technican to replace all the phasers. are you meaning both the electrical and mechanical phasers? or just the electrical, or just the mechanical ones? we've replaced the electrical phasers and still have the same problem.
    Thanks
  • joyfarmjoyfarm Member Posts: 1
    Hello. Just got my 2011 T&C. I have noticed the same thing. I know that in ECON mode the transmissions is designed to skip gears in order to conserve gas. That is probably the reason, but I'm not a fan. Let me know what your dealer told you. Thanks!
    hello, im not sure which phasers they replaced. my engine light came on 3 different times, each time they did some type of repair to the engine. i know that on at least one occasion they told me that they had to replace all of the phasers because they were faulty. i suggest to you to keep complaining about all of the issues with your van until they fix it properly(if thats possible)
  • yamaha651yamaha651 Member Posts: 2
    I have had my 2010 T&C in three times already. First they tried computer reflash which helped for a few of the gear changes but did not take care of all. The last time they replaced seals in the transmission and now all gears change smoothly except for second. It still has the shudder. The guys at the dealearship tell me they don't have a complete fix for the problem. We have less than 26000 miles on it. Way to go Chrysler!!!! Makes me mad everytime I drive it!! I think we are done with Chrsyler.
  • yamaha651yamaha651 Member Posts: 2
    The problem exist with the 2010 too. I have had mine in three times in the last month. They tried the computer reflash which helped but never completely fixed the problem. Two weeks ago they replaced seals in the transmission. All gears now change smoothly except for second. I am not impressed at all with Chrysler. This is not a problem we should be experiencing. Someone goofed at Chrysler and we are now paying for the goof!!
    sorry to hear that you have a lemon also. hears my advise, find a lemon law lawyer and tell him about all of the problems that you are having with your van. 3 repairs for the same problem qualifies your car as a LEMON. i sued crysler, they settled out of court. i should be receiving notice any day now on when to return my LEMON to the dealership for a re-purchase. yes they are giving me ALL of my money back less .10cent per mile from the first time that i started having problems. the process takes some time, however my nightmare will be over in a matter of days. good luck :lemon: