Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Durango Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
Ask your Durango Lease Questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    Looks like these are now stocked up at dealers. Also 1250 available to lease customers in the northeast.
    Anyone buy one yet? My guess is Dodge will be very competitive and discount these heavily...
  • lex13lex13 Member Posts: 12
    They just got to So Cal - already discounting 5,000 grand. They look great and are based upon the Mercedes GL from what I understand.
    Can you post the February MF and Residual value for Durango Crew Lux 4x4 , 15000 miles, 36 months?
    Thanks
    Car_man,

Sorry i cant edit previous post.. Can you post the residuals in the above request for both the v8 and for the 6 ? Thanks!
    Steve
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    edited February 2011
    Hello Steve. Ally's February base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Dodge Durango Lux 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 4.0% and 44%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 cash incentive that is currently available on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • breedstdbreedstd Member Posts: 2
    Hi guys. Anyone lease a 2011 Durango Citadel AWD in NJ in Feb? Can you give me an idea of the terms including the net cap cost, residual and money factor for a 36 month lease with 15k p/yr? I understand there is a $1,250 manufacturer incentive in effect this month. Thanks much!
    What you heard is correct, breedstd. Chrysler is currently providing a $1,250 cash incentive on leases of this truck through Ally.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Dodge Durango Citadel AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 2.16% and 43%, respectively.

I personally am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for this truck right now, but if I was in the market for one I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 over dealer invoice minus the available cash incentive.

Car_man
    Host
  • breedstdbreedstd Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Car_man. I'm not doing so well in my lease search. I'm being quoted a residual of 43% and an APR equivalent of either 2.66 or 2.71%. Even with a cap cost of $42,500 (best I can get so far in Feb) on MSRP of $44,654 and the $1,250 incentive, the lease is prohibitively expensive at approx $675 p/mo. I'm rather surprised as Chrysler is not making any attempt to compete with the new Explorer which, even when pretty well loaded up with the Limited trim (MSRP $47,010), is being offered on ford.com for $598 p/mo. Let's hope March brings more competitive pricing from Chrysler! Breedstd.
    You're very welcome breedstd. You're right, $675 per month for a Durango is outrageous. Heck, I even think that $598 is too much for an Explorer. One can lease a lot of nice trucks for a whole lot less than that.

Car_man
    Host
  • acepitcheracepitcher Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2011
    Hi Car Man

Could you provide the residual value for the R/T style with 12,000 miles per year for 36 months, the Crew FWD (same numbers)?

Thanks
  • greez82greez82 Member Posts: 13
    Carman,

can you please provide the money factor/residuals for the crew and crew max @ 10k mi/yr. 36/39 mo. thank you
    Hi greez82. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Durango Crew Max 4WD with 10,000 miles per year are 0.15% and 48%, respectively.

I don't believe that Chrysler is currently providing support on 39 month leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • stevedcars1stevedcars1 Member Posts: 1
    car_man, thanks as always for your help with leasing. Can you tell me Ally's lease rate and residual for a 36-month lease on a 2011 Durango Express AWD with 12k miles/yr? Thanks!

:)
  • andreymandreym Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,
    I am looking at Crew 2WD V6 with Leather/Entry Nav groups. Can you please provide lease rate/residual for 36-month 12,000 miles/yr lease? Are there any incentives/promotions I should be aware of? Thanks!
  • opjp88opjp88 Member Posts: 11
    I have a deal on table and wanted to hear what you guys thought.....2011 Durango R/T with a sticker price of 39565 which is being brought down to $36,500, The lease #'s are as follows 36 months 12K miles per year with $2000 due at signing and $515 a month. Not sure if this is such a great deal
    You're welcome stevedcars1. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Dodge Durango Express AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.2% and 48%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to andreym. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Dodge Durango Crew 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.7% and 46%, respectively.

Chrysler is currently providing a total of $2,250 in cash incentives on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • burdawgburdawg Member Posts: 1,524
    After 36 months your into it for $20,540 plus any maintenance costs and registration, etc. What's the residual? How about excess mileage charges if that's a possibility for you?
    Burdawg..upon checking out more dealers the deals were getting better and better. The R/T was over priced compared to others and dealer was not coming down in price. Thanks
  • mcancellmcancell Member Posts: 2
    i was wondering if you wouldnt mind posting a list of the other trucks for less. In the market for a 7 passenger suv and would appreciate any help.
  • mcancellmcancell Member Posts: 2
    i have a two deals on the table:
    2011 crew lux MSRP $42,585, $0 down, $3353 due at signing, 39/months, 12K miles for $460/month.
    or
    2011 crew MSRP $38960, $0 down, 36 months/10K for $445

are these good deals?
    Picked up a 2011 crew lux a few weeks ago with sticker of 43,790 and walked in with $2500 that includes first month payment and then 38 more at $500 a month. You can use my numbers to compare to your offers. 12K a year allowed. The Durango is AMAZING and I get many compliments when out on the street, good luck mcancell
  • traderbtraderb Member Posts: 38
    Car Man, can you give me the mf and residual for a 36 month, 12k mile per year lease. or if 39 month is better than those terms. thx

Crew 4wd
    Citadel 4wd
    Here you go traderb. Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Dodge Durango Crew 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.7% and 48%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 0.7% and 46%.

The numbers for the Durango Citadel 4WD are 0.65% / 43% and 0.65% and 41%.

Car_man
    Host
  • jeep5194jeep5194 Member Posts: 7
    Car_Man

Looking at your response to traderb and need to know if the numbers changed for July. Can you provide the residuals and mfs for Crew & Citadel 36mo/12k? I'm ready to pull the trigger as I have to turn in my existing lease by month end.

Thank You!
  • mel_ladymel_lady Member Posts: 1
    Hello car_man,

I heard you can help me out with some research... Can you provide me with Ally's lease rate and residual for a 36-month lease on a 2011 Durango Crew & Citadel AWD with 12k miles/yr? Thanks!
  • automan822automan822 Member Posts: 83
    Car man

Have a question I tried to lease a Grand Cherokee through Ally, when I went to sign the contract I was stunned to find that the Residual, and the Option to Buy(Res. $14,740.00/ Opt. to Buy $17,200) were different. In over 25 years of leasing auto's I have never seen this it's always the same> First is that legal, and why would anyone sign that if they had any plans to purchase, to me that's a crime, please find out if that is on all Ally's leases, I walked out on the deal.

Thanks
    I'd be happy to help you out, jeep5194. Ally's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Dodge Durango Crew 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.15% and 43%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Durango Citadel 4WD are 1.3% and 42%.

Car_man
    Host
    You heard right, mel_lady ;). Ally's July base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Durango Crew AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.15% and 43%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Durango Citadel AWD are 1.3% and 42%.

Car_man
    Host
  • housegirlhousegirl Member Posts: 1
    Can you help me. I am currently nego a lease deal on a crew lux 39 month lease 15000/yr. What should I be expecting for lease rate residuals etc? Any help would be appreciated!
    I'd be happy to help you out, housegirl. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Dodge Durango Lux 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.7% and an ugly 39%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • bclinkinbeardbclinkinbeard Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    I leased a 2011 Express today, getting rid of an Accord which I owed $6500 on. They gave me $8500 trade in value, which is slightly above what Edmunds said it's worth. I put $500 down and my monthly payment is $350 for 39 months, 12k miles/year. Did I get a good deal?
  • killermezokillermezo Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2011
    Hi Car_man,
    You helped me out a great deal when i was leasing my maxima last year and i can't thank u enough. now i'm in the market for a Durango. I was wondering if you could please tell me the RV/MF for the R/T and the Crew 39 mo 12k/mo. Also what kinda rebates/ incentives should i expect. Thanks in advance
  • tonygxptonygxp Member Posts: 56
    edited August 2011
    Car_Man, thank you for all the info on the durango leases. i am looking at an '11 Crew AWD Entry nav and moonroof. Can you give my the money factor and residual on a 36/mo 12k and a 36/mo 10k? Thanks.. I am looking to pick one up tomorrow if i can find those two things out. Kind of in a jam, need them quickly!!
  • divagirl11divagirl11 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car_man,
    Looking for your help...
    Can you please provide the residual and money factor to a 2011 Dodge Durango Crew 2wd
    On a 36mo/15k miles per year. Looking to pick one of these if the numbers make sense.

Thanks for the help :)
  • tonygxptonygxp Member Posts: 56
    got one today. mf was .000065 and residual is still 43%. for a 39mos 12k

Thanks for the great info i found here.. $1200 out of pocket (first payment) and other incidentals $448/mo. in NJ you have to include 4 year registration which was $409!!!

Took all but $187 in holdback. the $2000 rebate is good and the NELBA $1250 lease cash is still up and running. US bank leased out better than ALLY by $30/mo and ALLY was only 10K..

Sticker on truck was $37,815

hope that helps some of you guys.
  • omszzomszz Member Posts: 10
    Hi Car_man,

Can you provide 36mo and 39mo lease rate and residual for 2011 Dodge Durango Citadel AWD?

Is it the same as what was posted for July - 1.3% and 42%?
    Welcome back killermezo. Here's the info that you're looking for. Ally's August base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Dodge Durango RT 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.6% and 45%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 Dodge Durango Crew 4WD are 0.7% and 41%.

Dodge is currently providing a $3,250 cash incentive on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome tonygxp. Ally's August base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Durango Crew Cab AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.70% and 43%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello divagirl11. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Dodge Durango Crew 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.15% and 40%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $3,250 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes, omszz, the numbers for this truck are exactly the same in August as they were in July.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello car_man,

Are there any updates on lease rates and residual amounts for 2011 Durango for the month of September?

I am interested in a 3 year lease with 12k miles. Thanks.
    Also the inquiry is for sept is Durango Citadel model.
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you provide lease rate and residual for 2011 Durango Citadel AWD for Sept 2011? I am interested in 3 year lease with 12k miles/yr.

Thanks
  • matthaneymatthaney Member Posts: 29
    Looking at 2012 Crew AWD 36-month 12k or 10K ml / yr lease. Looking for Res. value and money factor for current March 2012.

Thanks!!
    Hi matthaney. Ally's March base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Dodge Durango Crew AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.3% and 45%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Carman,
    Can you please give me the lease rate and residual value for a Dodge Durango citadel (2 wheel drive). I understand there is some cash incentive thru US bank where one gets about 3750 for lease buy down.

36 months 12,000 miles and 10,000 miles please.

Thanks...
    Follow up question - if I take the US Bank incentive with the lease am I still eligable to receive any chrysler rebates? Also, should there be any cost difference between a purchase price of a car and the negotiated lease price? In other words, if I don't make up my mind whether to lease or buy should the price be the same?
    Here you go lex13. Ally's May base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Dodge Durango Citadel 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.2% and 42%, respectively.

I haven't seen the US Bank lease program for this truck, but I believe that the $3,750 cash incentive is available on leases through Ally as well.

Car_man
    Host
    I don't believe that the $3,750 cash incentive is available on cash purchases of the Durango, just leases.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.