Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 Chevrolet Aveo

2»

Comments

• tambriatambria Member Posts: 1
    OMG I came to this site for the first time and see our story over and over and over.
    Bought our car with 32000 miles, first had spark plug/coil problems(we relaced), then the acelerating problems (that no one can diagnose), then violent vibrating-struts are being replaced (in a 39,000 car!) as we speak. I only googled to see if there are recalls. Now I am scared-what is next?
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    How did the repair go yesterday, tambria? I hope that all is going well now and if we can ever look into anything further with you please don't hesitate to get in touch at socialmedia@gm.com (include the last 8 of your VIN so we can look into warranty and recall information for you, if you like).

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • ecotec2009ecotec2009 Member Posts: 17
  • er989er989 Member Posts: 1
    2009 and newer models have a revise engine in them. Models before 2009 had many problems with timimg belts because the belt ran everything. but the new engine have a service belt. that leaves the timing belt for what it meant to do.
  • brianerlandsonbrianerlandson Member Posts: 2
    We purchased this 2009 Aveo last month. On the day we test drove there wasn't any noise, but there certainly is now! I will try your problem solvers and let you know if this is my cure as well.

Thank you all for posting what you have tried and what has worked. It is a great help.
  • bvh3bvh3 Member Posts: 5
    Good evening brianerlandson,

Did you have any luck resolving the wind noise concern on your Aveo? Also, I saw on another post of yours that you may have some recall questions - we're happy to check into recall information for you. Please email us the last 8 of your VIN at socialmedia@gm.com

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • salinas4usalinas4u Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2009 Aveo. I have had a few issues but a recall notice took care of it. I did have to buy 4 new tires soon after the purchase also, then 6 weeks ago when I was 100 miles from home at a Dr appt. for my son the dashboard lights started flashing and the car was not wanting to shift as i changed speed. Then the odometer needle dropped to zero. The engine light came on as did the low tire light. The RPM readings were very erratic and the car would not go into overdrive. I stopped at an Auto Zone for their free diagnostic. It printed out 4 different sheets of issues.
    I was able to drive the car back home at a slow speed.
    I got the car to my dealership and they have had the car ever since. The first week they ordered a speed sensor and a manual/park switch. After installing these parts which the mechanic thought would be covered under the powertrain warranty they took it for a test drive but it still would not go into overdrive.
    Thats when they decided i did not need the manual/park switch so they removed it. Thats when they told me it wasnt covered under the powertrain warranty. I then needed a radiator as transmission fluid had somehow got in it and ruined it. (the dealer was paying for the radiator) And they had to order a gear which was going to be covered by the warranty. They had no loaner cars and i had been on foot for a week so they rented me a car from Enterprise. That was over a month ago. I have called the Dealership several times. They tell me the part is a genuine GM part but is out sourced. I could have gotten it here faster by a rowboat. GM Customer Service used to call me a couple of times a week but not in the last 2 weeks. The Dealership has treated me really nice but i would really like to have my car back. Havent seen any other posts about the Aveo needing a gear or overdrive going out with the speed sensor. Just sounds like something hokey is up with my car.
    Good morning salinas4u,

We appreciate your continued patience on this and are sorry to hear that you have been without your Aveo for so long. If you had wanted to send us your case number (71-**********) to socialmedia@gm.com, we can check into it to make sure that we're doing all we can on our end in the meantime.

Kindest regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    I have had several issues with my 2009 Aveo. But my service Dept. at Pembertons Chevrolet has taken care of every issue. This last issue was a rough one. Not only for me but for them also. My car was in the shop over a month before they got it running. They had me a rental car within a week. When the last part they ordered did not come in within a proper time frame they replaced the whole transmission. The GM Customer Service has also been wonderful. They called me every couple of days up until the last few weeks. Then i found out there was a glitch in the phone line and they couldnt reach me. But every one has been great. Including Edmunds. My car runs like a new one now. I wished all the people here with issues had a great service department. That is the key. All i have left to figure out is why i have brights but no dims. lol...
    We're so glad to hear that everything has turned out well, salinas4u! Had you mentioned the head lamp concern to your agent so we could put it in your case?

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Well my bumper to bumber warranty has been up for about 25,000 miles ago but i did have them look at the headlamp while i was buying new tires earlier this year. At that time i had dims and brights but the lamps burnt out quite frequently. Mechanic said a spring was missing off a clip so my lamp was loose and would continue to burn out as it would wiggle a little. He also told me they cant order just a spring but have to order the whole headlamp assembly at around $300. wasnt worth it to me since the replacement bulbs are only $10 and change out really easy. I think i might have blown a fuse or relay switch since now only the dims wont work. I'll have it checked out another time. My car is running so good that i am not so worried about the dims at this time. Thanks again for being here for people having problems.
  • dagger77dagger77 Member Posts: 5
    A solid plan! We wish you many more happy miles in your Aveo and if you should ever need anything we're available to you via email (socialmedia@gm.com).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • jeepcrazy2013jeepcrazy2013 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    I have an Aveo. It is a 2009 and I bought it in 2010. I have a little over 12,000 miles on it. So far it has been a great car. I am not able to drive it everyday. My husband and I drive for a trucking company and we are gone most of the time. We are only home four to five days a month. Anyway the car has been great so far and I love to drive it. It is small and can fit in tight places. However, I want a Jeep Wrangler and I wish the Jeeps got gas mileage like the Aveo's. That would be sooooo fabulous. :) I want to keep my Aveo and get a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport or Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport!!!! :)
  • downndirtytndownndirtytn Member Posts: 4
  • beef1989beef1989 Member Posts: 1
    SELL THE AVEO WHILE YOU CAN !!! WORST CAR EVER MADE .. I BOUGHT MINE BRAND NEW off the lot and have had it in and out of the shop ever since Too many problems to name .. exp. 3 months after purchase the car was rusted ! yea rusted !! then they had it for 4 months tryin to solve a sensor issue .., then the wheel bearings went out of it , then the back shocks broke , the door handle on the inside drivers side is broke clear off , the passenger side door wouldn't let ya get out of the car from the inside (door mechanism broke inside the door panel) moisture in all the headlights and tail lights , and now OMG the transmission is doing crazy things ... go driving down the road and ALL OF A SUDDEN its like u shifted it into Neutral .. no gear at all works if you get out of car take battery terminal off and RESET the computer the car works fine for a few miles then does the same thing again NEEDS TO BE TOTAL CAR RECALL !!!!!!!!!!
  • ghal1927ghal1927 Member Posts: 2
    my 2009 Aveo ignition will get warm to hot after it has been driven 15 -to 20 miles. It hasn't caused other problems that I can tell but I am worried it will cause a short in the electrical system. Anyone else having this problem?
  • barkydogbarkydog Member Posts: 45
    What do mean by saying the "ignition" gets hot?
  • ghal1927ghal1927 Member Posts: 2
    after you have driven the car for 15 or 20 minutes and you touch the area around when the key is inserted it is warm to hot to the touch. Even the key itself will feel warm. Any ideas are appreciated.
    thanks