Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Acadia Intake Manifold Tuning Valve

68gtoman68gtoman Member Posts: 5
edited March 2014 in GMC
2008 Acadia with 50,000 miles my check engine light comes on. My mechanic found code P2070 on. Intake tuning manifold valve bad. Removed to check and works fine now. He asked me do drive it until it comes on again and will check and replace if necessary. Anyone have this malfunction? I still think it is a cool vehicle with problems!

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    68gtoman,
    Please keep me updated if this persists.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • acadiachicacadiachic Member Posts: 1
    I also have a 2008 Acadia. I just had the intake manifold valve repaired today and I only have 46,000 miles on mine. It was not covered under the powertrain warranty and cost me $350. I really like my Acadia, and I hope it does not give me too many problems. It really is a cool vehicle.
    acadiachic,
    Good to hear you got your vehicle taken care of. Please feel free to email me directly if you have any questions comments or concerns.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • kdennis76kdennis76 Member Posts: 4
    I too have been having issues with my Intake Valve being stuck open. I bought this vehicle used exactly one year ago and have had nothing but issues. I LOVED this vehicle, but first of all I paid over $20k for this vehicle, and it started out with my CEL coming on, well Onstar did a diagnostic and said it was the intake valve stuck open, I called my dealer, they made me come and and run another diagnostic and charged me over $100 just to find out what Onstar had already determined, then they tell me it is not covered under the powertrain warranty and that it was going to cost me over $500 to fix, I about lost my mind. Why is this not covered under warranty?? I took the vehicle home to decide what to do and how to save $500 that I couldn't afford because I have kids to raise and a butt load of bills to pay. I called GM and they said that NO it wasn't covered but they would contact the dealership and work something out, turns out they will cover the part for $250, but I will still have labor charges...Really??? Everyone I know that has a GMC Acadia since I got mine has had this same issue. SO GM, tell me why there is no recall on these intake valves?? Why are we being nickeled and dimed to death when we pay a butt load of $$$$$ for these vehicles and then they don't last and we have to pour more $$ info them....I was always told that GM was an excellent product and that they value their customers, well I am having a hard time believing that we are valued, especially when we are loyal to you, where is your loyality to your customers?? I still am trying to come up with the spare $$ to fix my vehicle, but at this day in age I am having a hard time keeping up. I just want my vehicle fixed and to last me at least until it is paid off. I do love this vehicle, but why are you continuing to make and sell them if they are having so many issues?? I am going to have to get rid of my vehicle and go back to a Ford because I cannot afford to fix what should be covered under warranty or recalled.

Thank you,
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    When you contacted us, were you assigned a Service Request number? If you were to get us that number, we'd be happy to look into the decision making process to make sure that everything was handled appropriately.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Yes I was given a reference number of 71-960717680 and I spoke with a Martin/Marvin ext 32707 , this was back in June of 2011 ,,just four months after I purchased the vehicle. I rarely drive my vehicle now because I was never given an acceptable answer. I really am not trying to be difficult, but I think that there should have been a recall on this issue a LONG time ago, seeing as they keep having this issue.

Thank you,
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Thank you for posting your case number. Looking at the Service Request, as this is not included on the powertrain warranty the dealership's offer of 50/50 split is where we would stay. I know that this may not have been what you were hoping to hear; if you were interested in getting the work done, please let us know.

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Would you be able to give me a complete total of what the work, including labor would cost? I HAVE to get this fixed asap, then as soon as I get everything back to normal I will be selling this vehicle and buying something with less issues and will be certain to do more research in the future on vehicles and their issues before I buy.

Thank you fo all of your help!
  • douscrewemnhowdouscrewemnhow Member Posts: 1
    Really? mother-in-law and father-in-law purchase a 2008 Acadia August 2011. They receive all maintainence bulletins and follow through with dealership recomendations. (father-in-law) suffers a 6 month decline and is incapable to deal with the vehicle because of diminished capacity. (now its just my 80 year old mother-in-law vs dealership) She goes in and dealership focuses on replacement of $2000 rack-n-pinion. She calls me as this is hard to swallow on a fixed income as car has only 50,000+ miles on it. I take it to a local mechanic, mechanic quickly calls bak do you really want to dump more money in this car? It not only has the rack leaking, the water pump is leaking and the engine smokes like a choo-choo. Whaaaa????? We take to the same dealer it was just at and hand them the diagnosis from my mechanic. How could a water pump be missed when it is only 12 inches from a rack that you were studying? Isn't a leaking water pump a bigger concern than a rack that may need replacing at some point? Then they replace the water pump and give Mother-in-law keys back. "It doesn't smoke I have had my 30 year mechanic drive the car and I can bring you back there right this moment and you can see its not smoking" really I say "lets be sure and run a compression check just to be certain we will pay for it to make certain it isn't a bad engine" the dealership says "okay" we will check agin in the morning" Next morning well we will keep the car and remove the valve covers and take a look. they did that and motor was spotless. Well lets go one step further and do a fuel injector and rail clean. Okay but now we are told that if we bring it back to the mechanic and it still smokes to bad so sad have YOUR mechanic call gm and deal with our vehicle we have done all we can.

Really?? Nice job GM great customer service leaving an 80 year old to deal with the issues all by herself real customer friendly process.
    douscrewemnhow,

We're sorry to hear about this situation with the Acadia and the dealership. If there is anything we can check into for your in-laws, they can contact us via email at socialmedia@gm.com or the number for the GMC Customer Assistance Center is 800-462-8782 (Mon to Sat, 8am to 9pm ET; Closed Sunday).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • megawatts74megawatts74 Member Posts: 29
    GM should be so ashamed of the way they treat their customers. Anyone who purchases one of their lemons after reading all of these threads from so many people, is only contributing to the problem. They will continue to make high priced inferior automobiles if we keep buying their junk. I have told so many people about my bad experiences with our Acadia. We work hard for our money to be treated like this. I was so relieved when I sold that car but I feel guilty because some family who may not be able to keep up with the repairs will have their hands full. How ironic is it that they do this to us after taking a huge bailout with our tax dollars? People, don't feel forced to buy American vehicles if they continue to build poor quality products. Many foreign cars are being built in this country by Americans and should be considered.
  • boatboi87boatboi87 Member Posts: 1
    I  have a 2007 Acadia that my wife and i bought last year. Seeing that i am currently serving in the military we chose this vehicle for long rides back home. About 5 months after getting the vehicle  the torque converter went out and that ran about $3000. I'm a little upset at this time. So i also find out after dumping this money into this money that they only accept GM warranties. So now i have a warranty i can not use. Now as of yesterday my intake tuning manifold tuning valve is no good. I also have another vehicle which is 7 years older and i have not anywhere near as much money on that. I see that a foreign car it's the way to go because American vehicles aren't the best. I guess this is what i get for serving my country.