Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Kia Optima Lease Questions

Comments

• pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    I ran your numbers in a lease calculator and get 260.44 for the 12k (56%) option. I did not adjust the additional cap costs (1090) so the true number should be a bit lower. Still a deal.
    I am looking at the LX with the new convenience PLUS pkg that includes a rear backup camera. These sedans today are so high in the rear that you can't see anything so the camera seems like a smart safety tool.
    Good Luck with your deal!
  • ihitcowsihitcows Member Posts: 74
    Howdy y'all!

Any chance I could get the figures for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Kia Optima SX-L with 15,000 miles per year?

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    That would buy 2565 miles at .20/mile.

A 39 month lease at 15K/yr, gives you 9750 miles for that same amount..

So, your break even point is anything over 12,855 mi/yr.....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• dimsumlodimsumlo Member Posts: 14
    Hey Car_man or any hosts,

Can you guys post Kia Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for 1 36/39 month lease of a 2013 Kia Optima SX-L with 12,000 miles and 15,000 miles with top credit tier?

Thank you very much!!!
  • bsc1114bsc1114 Member Posts: 25
    Hi- I just leased an Optima SXL-Snow White- every option- no money down (just taxes,etc) 39 months/12k miles per yr. In NJ. $325 per month
    Hey Honda_ig,

Can you tell me more about your break down? is $325 before or after tax? What is the Selling Price, Car Residual Value, and Money Factor?

Thanks!
  • mxw128mxw128 Member Posts: 3
    Hello all, great board!! I need some help though.... I'm currently in a 2011 optima hybrid lease that I'm looking to swap out. Buyout is 19700 and I believe I could get around $22k private sale ( according to KBB, that's between good and fair ). The dealer offered me a base optima sx ( no options at all) lease with only the first payment up front with the trade in for $371/month for 15k miles a year and a 3 year lease. From what I just read here that doesn't seem like a great deal ( he's claiming its a great deal)... Is it?

Thoughts? I'm in VA our sales and use tax is 3%.
  • haggardhaggard Member Posts: 92
    Doesn't look good on its face. Get the Edmunds pricing info and the money factor and residual from earlier posts in the thread. Plug it into a lease calculator (I use leaseguide.com) without any allowance for the trade. For starters, use the Edmunds invoice price as your base cap cost (selling price before rebates) Current rebates are $1K loyalty, 1K lease cash, and, in my area at least, $500 auto show.

See what your payment is in that scenario. If you still want to trade, remember that the dealer is not going to give you retail for the trade if he is selling (leasing) you the new car at invoice, or even slightly higher. His best offer on selling price will vary from what you see here, based on the competition, inventory, etc. I never get the best price I find here, because there is little competition and inventory in my area.

I personally don't see the benefit of trading a car with significant equity. Make your best cash deal and sell the trade if you can, imho. ;)
    REF: 363
    Curious as to why you aren't just finishing the lease of the KOH? I am in a similar situation with a 2011 Sonata lease and although i have some positive equity (value - payoff), I am not ready to do an early sale/turn-in. I have been surprised that every dealer i tell my story to says they can get me more money for my Sonata now rather than waiting 2-3 months. they are hungry.

As far as your lease, I always shoot for less than $11 per $1000 of msrp as a guide for a standard 36mo/12k lease. The lease calculators are also good if you are math inclined (most people are not, sadly).
    so is the money factor and residual %s different by trim or by model (so all the optimas would be the same?)

This is one place i noticed a difference with the offer I have, the residuals and money factors the dealer used don't match what I've seen here, but they did vary slightly between the two SXs he showed me (one a base model and one with the premium package)
    The drivability of the hybrid is getting to me. Extreme acceleration lags at times (push pedal and absolutely no response for a good 4-5 count) and the regen braking kicks in HARD at times under moderate or low braking efforts causing a lurch that puts me and my passengers into the dash. So some issues that the dealer is telling me are "normal". It's dangerous at times (during merges or getting out in traffic) . Also when I look at the gas mileage savings, my current lease payments could be lowered to more than compensate for an extra .75 tank of gas a month with an sx or ex.
    REF: 366
    Lease data does vary by model, mileage and can change monthly. It is very difficult to find out the info (intentionally). Sites like this are one of a few places to get the data. Unfortunately, the mods seem to respond more quickly to forums like the Accord and camry than they do to the Sonata/Optima.
    REF: 367
    I understand completely. Most other hybrids are no match for the TCH when it comes to driveability. You may want to consider an Optima LX with the NEW Convenience PLUS package ($1100). It adds the Microsoft UVO audio system as well as a rear backup camera. MSRP is only 23.3k. You should qualify for the owners loyalty bonus ($1000) since you currently own a Kia. The new Mazda 6 is also out and generating quite a bit of buzz. I'm hoping that it causes the other guys to beef up their incentives soon to compete. good luck.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi ihitcows. Kia Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Optima SX with 15,000 miles per year are .00090 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Kia is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey dimsumlo. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • ihitcowsihitcows Member Posts: 74
    Hiya. Thank ya for the reply!
    I had inquired for my bro, who just leased the car a few days ago. And, happily, your figures coincide with his deal's.

ALSO! Wanted to letcha know, the $1,000 incentive is for the LX and EX.
    The SX gets a $2,000 incentive. ;)

His previous car also picked up a $1,000 competitive car thingy incentive.

Thanks again!
  • haggardhaggard Member Posts: 92
    edited January 2013
    Picked up an EX base yesterday. 39 months, 15K miles/year, $0 out of pocket, 38 payments to go.

MSRP: 24,734.00
    Selling Price Before Incentives: 23,191.82
    Payment: $332.81/month.

The payment is much higher than you might expect because we elected to keep $2,000 in rebates, (loyalty and lease cash), using only the $500 auto show rebate in the transaction.

As I've said in previous posts, our '12 Optima EX was totaled. Our insurance paid KMFC full market value for the car, which was over $2K more than payoff. Legally, KMFC isn't required to return the difference, and they play hardball, folks (Lexus and some other manufacturers acknowledge that they are also entitled to keep payment in excess of the payoff amount, but don't do it as a matter of customer relations policy).

So, this time, instead of using the incentives to "prepay rent" as KMFC put it, we will just pay about that same amount over the term of the lease, at the low lease rate. Should the car get wrecked - and don't think it can't happen to you - we may be upside down after primary insurance, but KMFC provides gap for that. They played the "it's our car" card when it worked in their favor, it can be their car in the negative equity situation if it happens again.

Will post on the "buying experience" aspect when a "we owe" is fulfilled and the rebate money is the bank. Hopefully, we will have a great story to tell...
    edited January 2013
    OK! Thanks car_man! It is time for me pay back!!

I just got a 2013 Kia Optima SXL in SoCal area 01/26/2013. I got qoutes for more than 10 dealers around the area and they were very aggressive!! I believe I did good on the deal. All communications via email and total spent less than 3 hours at the dealer.

MSRP: $35,654

options Included:
    - Rear Bumper Applique
    - Cargo Mat
    - Cargo Net
    - Cargo Tray
    - iPod Cable
    - Wheel Locks

FREE: All-Season Floor mats

Gross Cap Cost: $32,292 before $3,000 incentive
    Selling Price: $29,292
    Capitalized Cost Reduction: $3,000 ($2000 competitive bonus + $1000 Kia Financial incentive on leases)
    Money Factor: 0.00090
    The Residual%: 55%
    Residual Value: $19,609.70

Term: 39 month 12,000 miles lease $0.20/miles additional

Monthly Payment: $308 + Tax
    Due At Signing: $0 + DMV Title/Tax/License + Upfront tax (on $3,000 cash back) + Docuemnt processing charge + First month payment
    Acquisition fee: $0
    Looks good on the surface. Hopefully, the CA fees didn't screw you too badly. The maximum doc fee in CA is $85. Is there a $400 disposition fee?
    edited January 2013
    I wish.. but CA fees is very crazy!! Yes! There is $400 Disposition fee at the end of the lease if not purchase the vehicle) Here is the break down!

Registration Fees: $310
    CA Tire Fees: $8.75
    Electronic Vehicle Registration/Transfer Charge: $29
    Document Processing Charge: $80
    Upfront Taxes (on $3,000 cash back): $277.20
    CA Tax Rate: 9%

so sad..... all to Uncle Sam!! :cry:
    edited January 2013
    Actually, some of that goes to crazy Uncle Jerry! ;)

I put your numbers into a lease calculator and got 308.06 using 0% tax rate. That included the mandatory $595 acquisition fee from KMF.
  • joshcsjoshcs Member Posts: 9
    How did you negotiate such a great deal? What was the final price of the vehicle going into the lease agreement? I'm trying to purchase this week. Thanks!
    Hey carman,
    Your web site lists two different lease cash bonuses for the Optima. One is 1000 and the other is 1500. Which is correct?
  • azmitchazmitch Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car Man,
    Could you post the Kia Financial Services February lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2013 Kia Optima EX with 12,000 miles? If it matters... the only option I would be looking for is the Premium Package.

Thanks!
    You're very welcome ihitcows. I'm glad that your brother got a good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    I'm glad that I was able to help, dimsumlo. Thank you for taking the time to give back to the community by sharing the details of your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Good question pegasus17. The cash incentive that Kia is providing on leases of the 2013 Optima varies by state. In most states the allowance is $1,000. It is slightly higher, $1,500, in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello azmitch. KFS' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Optima EX with 12,000 miles per year are .00105 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • sven_4sven_4 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man,
    Could you give me the money factor and residual % for the 2013 Optima SX on a 36 month lease with 12000 miles/year?

Thank you.
  • florencevaflorenceva Member Posts: 17
    Hi Car_Man

could you give me the money factor and residual for the 2013 kia optima hybrid on 36 month lease with 10 or 12k/year ?

Thanks
  • natsfan125natsfan125 Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys. Dont if this is gonna help anyone but i just got a 2013 kia optima sx turbo with pleather seats heated front and rear no money down for 282 a month for 39 months... Money factor was 0.00096 residual value $16000 12k miles per year. Other than a little tire noise and small amount of engine noise car is awesome! I live in north va and sales tax was rolled into monthly payment and i was given $2000 competitor bonus because i switched from a cadillac. I also got $1000 first time buyer and $500 because auto show was in town the week i got the car. All in all i think i got a good deal!
  • bwaabwaa Member Posts: 13
    I agree, that is a good deal. Thumbs up!
  • rob233rob233 Member Posts: 10
    Optima ex with Premium package- tint and spare tire and kit included

2500 down

39 months at 247.00

13,753 residual value

What do you think?
  • trusso69trusso69 Member Posts: 68
    edited March 2013
    need msrp, sell price, # months, residual % and money factor to calculate lease data. Seems high to me at the moment.

Have you checked the current incentives for the Optima?
    what do you drive now?

Lastly, you should NOT make big down payments on ANY lease. Maximum o-t-d should be less than $500 in every case

http://www.edmunds.com/kia/optima/2013/car-incentives.html?style=200425944&irr_s- ection=customer_rebates_irr
    retail value- 29,445.00
    5900.00 in discounts
    selling price- 23,543
    2089.00 sales tax
    1000.00 - doc, registration, etc fees
    26,635.00 total price

waiting on money factor and %, will get back to you-thanks
    what state are you in? tax seems high
    msrp and retail value are NOT the same; should be closer to 28k msrp
    1000 for fees is ridiculous
    is this a kia lease?
    yes, from a Kia dealer

I am in Arizona

money factor is .00105, residual 56%
    looks like they inflated the retail value with something;
    msrp?
    i meant is this a Kia motor finance lease vs a bank lease?
    doc fee is completely negotiable in AZ
    still seems very high; if you get me the msrp, i can show you
    YEAR/MAKE/MODEL
    2013 NEW KIA OPTIMA 4D SEDAN EX AUTO (53242)
    VIN NUMBER
    COLOR
    MILES
    ANNUAL MILES
    12000 STOCK NO
    Lease Options
    Term $1000.00 $1500.00 $2000.00 $2500.00
    39 $289.12 $274.73 $261.01 $247.30

Total Retail Value: $29445.00
    Discount: $-4402.00
    Factory Rebate: $-1500.00
    Selling Price: $23543.00
    Trade Allowance: $0.00
    Trade Difference: $23543.00
    Sales Tax: $2089.30
    Dealer Doc. Fee: $399.00
    Registration Fee (est.): $399.80
    Other Fees: $5.00
    Dealer Defined Fees: $199.00
    Subtotal: $26635.10
    Pay-Off of Trade: $0.00
    Service Contract: $0.00
    Total Cash Due: $26635.10
    that's a purchase, not a lease

Have you signed this deal yet?
    No, and its a lease not a purchase. With several calculators it seems to be a decent deal.

Again, an EX with Premium package, tint and spare tire/kit

39 months at 247.50

2500 down

residual = 56% MSRP is 27,500
    msrp 27500
    spare tire kit is 150-200
    tint is ??? - they are probably not including tint in the residual value; means you are paying for that outright

27500 * 0.56 = 15400
    earlier you posted: "13,753 residual value"

sorry but this is not a good deal
    I appreciate your help, but in reading all of the other posts, reading various articles, doing calculations, why is it not a good deal?
    franko,

So you put 2k down and are paying 259.00 for 36 months

What is your residual- what would you owe at the end of the lease if you wanted to purchase it?

I am leasing same car, but for 247.50 for 39 months and residual is 15,400
    how did 27500 msrp become 29445 retail value?
    why are they charging you tax on the entire amount instead of only the lease payment as is proper in AZ?
    how much is the tint and how are you paying for it?
    why is there BOTH a doc fee of 399 (BS) and a dealer fee of 199?
    you MAY qualify for BOTH the conquest bonus of 1000 plus there is another 1000 of lease bonus cash; they only gave you 1500 of it

should i go on?

dealers TRY to make leasing complicated but it is just math
    use this easy calculator:
    http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm
    If you can't get the numbers to work out close to what they gave you, then something is wrong.
    I am NOT trying to be a [non-permissible content removed]; I'd like you to get a good deal.

This guy francko said:
    "Did not qualify for any of the rebates (loyalty or competitive)"

You qualify for $2000 (minus tax) of current incentives. that's ~$47 per month on a 39 month lease. Adjust his deal accordingly if you are trying to compare...
    why you don't make a large down payment on ANY lease:

from the forum moderator:
    "Your friend was right about not putting money down on a lease. I always advise consumers not to make any sort of down payment on leased vehicles. Consumers who put money down risk losing part or all of that money if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. "
    No, I know, I do appreciate everything.

So, we have an EX with Premium package at 27,500 MRP and Arizona has a 7% tax

What should I come back with in your opinion?
    i get 293 per month (39 months) including 7% tax using that calculator.
    Add in the state minimum reg. fees and that is your out-the-door amount.

EXAMPLE: If Arizona reg fees are $300. You would offer $593 now + 38 additional payments of $293
    and with that a 15,400 residual value is reasonable?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.