Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW X3 Lease Questions

Comments

• chaselachasela Member Posts: 3
    I'm trading in a 2000 Jeep Cherokee and looking for a 36 month/15K lease.
  • getwirednengetwirednen Member Posts: 44
    Hi All,

I am looking for December 2006 lease information on the 2007 X3.

Basically, the residual and money factor for 24 & 36 month leases at 15k per year.

Thanks in advance!
  • tgr99tgr99 Member Posts: 5
    Car_man,

Please comment on this deal. Here are the details:

2007 BMW X3
    MSRP: $40,770
    Cap Cost: 0
    Security Deposit: 0
    Bank Fee: 0
    Payment: $439 /month + Sales Tax & MV Fees
    Mileage Allowance: 10K

Thanks.
  • walker_brandywalker_brandy Member Posts: 3
    money factor can be anywhere from .0015 to .0040 on 24 & 36 month it all depends on how well you van negotiate. If you get them to .00150 remember you have two options from the dealer 1. they can waive the security deposit but then you'll have to agee to .00165 to make up the difference or pay the security deposit and stay at .0015. Residual for 36 is 68%.
  • tgr99tgr99 Member Posts: 5
    I forgot to add that this was a 36 months lease.
  • dollar_pounddollar_pound Member Posts: 46
    Folks is this good price:

X3 AWD:
    MSRP 43100

Payments w/o tax or any fees is is 475. 36 months/15K.

I believe it is 65% residual? How much should it be? Also if i ask 18K miles is that good idea what will the residual be?
  • fletchedmfletchedm Member Posts: 39
    I am trying to close on an X3 tomorrow. I have them down to $500 over invoice, which is fine with me. However for 36 months they are showing 67% residual and a money factor of .00190. I thought it was 68% and .00150? Are there regional differences or are they padding the numbers?? Thanks.

-Fletch
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046
    They can't pad residuals.. 68% is for 3yr/30K.. 67% is for 3yr/36K.

They can mark up the money factor by .0004.. which it appears they are doing in this case..

There can be regional differences, but BMWFS does this rarely, and I doubt they are doing it here.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• drjcool1drjcool1 Member Posts: 45
    I am very close to making this deal:
    2007 BMW X3
    Auto,Premium, Heated Seats, Xenon, metallic paint: list price on car is $43,320

for a 2 year lease with 15K/ year the best they will do:
    572/month (includes all NYS taxes and all fees) plus $1240 out of pocket at delivery.

Any thoughts or comments, as I am amount to do this deal? any input pro or con would be appreciated ASAP!
    Thanks to all in advance!
  • malonja74malonja74 Member Posts: 1
    I got $390/month + tax for 36 month lease 12K/year with $3500 out of pocket at delivery. Got the cold weather package and metallic paint.

Not sure how they came up with that price but i liked it. Not sure how Acura with the RDX will be able to compete with that.
  • jeffxpjeffxp Member Posts: 33
    Actually when you devide the 3500 dollars by 36months and add the tax you're over 500 dollars depending on the city and how you look at it. I only put 400 dollars down, but pay more monthly. As long as we are smiling driving down the road :shades:
  • drjcool1drjcool1 Member Posts: 45
    Just picked up 2007 X3 - Long Island
    Premium, privacy glass, heated seats, xenon, metallic paint;
    1232 out of pocket; 565/month (including NYS taxes) for 2 year lease at 15k/year: Very happy with it!

Just curious how this deals stacks up with others?
  • blundblund Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

Sounds about right- Picked up mine last week: Premium, NAV, privacy glass, heated seats, xenon, metallic paint, back air bags.

Put 1700 down, 2-year lease, 12K p/y, $550 per month inc. NJ taxes.
  • zeppellinzeppellin Member Posts: 3
    How does everyone know what the money factor and residuals persentage is? is it stated somewhere? How do I know negotiating a 75% residual on a 2 yr lease 15k mile, and .00150 money factor is reasonable.....im sure these are all factors dealers will try and negotiate to help there cause.
    anyone getting great deals on '07 x3's in florida
  • billmvbillmv Member Posts: 148
    zeppellin.........the residual value is set by the factory for the months & miles you want if you're leasing through their captive finance arm. The money factor is also "sold" to the dealer at a certain rate, but the dealer CAN mark that up when they quote a rate to you, so they can make money off the financing. So you have to do your research to figure out what the dealer pays for the money. You should insist they give it to you at that same rate if you can. The biggest thing is that you have to negotiate the price they use in the lease, just like you were buying the car.
    billmv...thx...but where do people get these factors that are all over the internet. if u plug in these factors i should get a better deal than ive been quoted. of course im going to go in and wheel and deal. is it best just to go in an demand a certain lease monthly price? let them figure out how to obtain it?
  • chasieboychasieboy Member Posts: 3
    I got quote today,here are the number he gave me

X-3 PREMIUM PKG,PRIVACY GLASS,XENON,METALIC,NAVIGATION

MSRP=44000
    SALE PRICE=40000
    MF-.0019
    RESIDUAL=28000
    TERMS-24 MONTHS/12K=514-INCL TAX
    TERMS-24 MONTHS/15K=546-INC TAX
    TOTAL DRIVE OFF=$1.974

wHAT DO U GUYS THINK?IS THIS A PRETTY GOOD DEAL..LET ME KNOW,THANKS
  • chasieboychasieboy Member Posts: 3
    DISREGARD MSG 323
    I got quote today,here are the number he gave me

X-3 PREMIUM PKG,PRIVACY GLASS,XENON,METALIC,NAVIGATION

MSRP=44570
    SALE PRICE=42388
    MF-.0019
    RESIDUAL=34000
    TERMS-24 MONTHS/12K=514-INCL TAX
    TERMS-24 MONTHS/15K=546-INC TAX
    TOTAL DRIVE OFF=$1.974

IS THIS A GOOD DEAL?
  • morrisonmmorrisonm Member Posts: 1
    This is the exact care i am looking to purchase.

I am willing to put down 4,000.

I want the purchase price to come in at 42,000 and my montly to be in the low 400's.

Not sure if it is possible.
    All,

I currently have a lease with BMW. I understand that current customers receive the lower money factor without having to make the security deposit.

If this is the case, how many additional deposits can I make to lower the money factor. Is it still 7, or can I now make it 8 total?

Thanks!
    The initial security deposit is separate from the MSD program, so even if you are not required to make it, you can still only make 7 MSDs.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ctski1ctski1 Member Posts: 6
    kyfdx,

I'm going to attempt to negotiate a lease of a new X3 tomorrow. Please let me know some numbers I should consider. Anything that could help me....$$ factors, terms...Basically, how much should bargain off of the MSRP?
    Thanks in advance!
    From the prices I see in the BMW X3: Prices Paid & Buying Experience forum.. I'd say you should be shooting for $2000-$2500 off MSRP, assuming you get the base MF and acquisition fee..

Example:

$44,000 MSRP
    $41,500 Selling price
    $42,125 CAP cost (selling price + acq.fee)

3yr/45K lease
    65% Residual
    .0015 MF
    Payment = $482/mo.+ tax
    Due at signing: 1st payment, security deposit, title/license fees (approx. $1200-$1300 total)

3yr/36K lease? Subtract $23/mo.

$500 higher selling price? Add $15/mo.

Hope this helps... The residuals are fantastic this month... I wouldn't count on them being that good next month.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• izmirianizmirian Member Posts: 49
    Welcome back Car_man and kyfdx,

I have this question that has been bothering me for a while now. I'd really appreciate if someone can help me with this.

In the below lease offer I'm seeing a total lease payment including acquisition fee of 13, 284 and when I divide that by 36 I get the monthly payment amount of 369 which makes me think acquisition fee is 0 dollars. I'm really confused here. When I try to calculate monthly payments for the as shown car, I'm getting only 389 per month instead of 401 per month. Where am I making the mistake? Also if I make a security deposit do I get my money back at the end of the term? How is it different than putting a down payment? Thanks a bunch for your help.

Lease financing available on 2007 BMW X3 3.0si vehicles, registered outside of NY, only at participating BMW centers on leases assigned to BMW Financial Services NA, LLC/Financial Services Vehicle Trust through January 2, 2007. Monthly lease payments of $369.00 for 36 months based on MSRP of $38,695.00 (includes automatic transmission). (Total lease payments including acquisition fee is $13,284.00). For vehicles registered outside of NY, $3,269.00 due at signing includes first month's payment, down payment and security deposit. For vehicles registered in NY, $3,238.00 due at signing includes $369.00 first month's payment, $2,500.00 down payment, and $369.00 security deposit.) Excludes tax, title, license, and registration fees. Lease financing subject to credit approval. Dealer contribution may affect terms. Lessee must cover insurance and all items not covered under the full maintenance program. At lease end, lessee will be liable for disposition fee ($350.00), any excess wear and use as set forth in the lease agreement and excess mileage charges of $.20 per mile for miles driven in excess of 10,000 miles per year. Purchase option at lease end for $26,313.00 excludes taxes. As shown: 2007 X3 3.0si with optional 18" Double Spoke Wheels, Metallic Paint, Xenon Adaptive Headlights has a MSRP of $40,470.00. If registered outside of NY, $401.00/month with $3,351.00 due at signing includes $401.00 monthly payment, $2,500.00 down payment and $450.00 Security Deposit. Total lease payments including acquisition fee is $14,436.00. If registered in NY, $401.00/month with $3,302.00 cash due at signing ($401.00 first month's payment, $2,500.00 down payment, and $401.00 security deposit). Total lease payments is $14,436.00. Lessee acquires no ownership interest unless purchase option is exercised. See participating BMW centers for details and vehicle availability. For more information call 1-800-334-4BMW

Base X3 Optioned X3
    Down 2500 2500
    MSRP 38695 40470
    CpCst ">36195 37970
    Resdl 26313 27520.02
    Term 36 36
    MF 0.00151 0.00151
    APR 3.63 3.63
    R% 68% 68%
    MP $369 $389
    AdvrtsdMP $369 $401
    The advertised lease is missing one variable.. the selling price.

Without it, you can't calculate the lease payment..

In the advertised lease, the acquisition fee is added to the CAP cost, before the $2500 downpayment is deducted.. It is my estimation that the discount from MSRP to get this lease payment is about $625.. Which is why your calculation works out...

Why the numbers don't work out for the more highly optioned model, I'm not sure... They are either working with less of a discount, or there is some other reason... as I would assume $389/mo., as well.

As you can see, the low payment is more reflective of the lease program, than a low selling price... Which is something to keep in mind... You should be able to negotiate a deal at least $1000 better than the advertised deal.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you kyfdx!

This is an offer that I've received from a dealer in Springfield, MA

"With the options you have specified (205
    2BP
    4AD)
    and with 12,000 miles per year, the
    payment goes up to $361/month for a non-metallic color and $365/month for a
    metallic color.

I ran the numbers with 6% sales tax. I don't know where you would be
    registering it, but I saw the 860 area code.

Therefore, for a non-metallic car you would be at $382.56/month including
    sales tax with $4042.06 due at signing (first monthly payment of $382.56,
    security deposit of $400, doc fee of $289, registration fee of $135,
    acquisition fee to BMW of $650, sales tax on your $2025 cap cost reduction
    of $121.50 and sales tax on the $650 acquisition fee of $39 plus the $2025
    cap cost reduction itself) and for a metallic car, you would be at
    $387.36/month including sales tax with $4046.86 due at signing (first
    monthly payment of $387.36, security deposit of $400, doc fee of $289,
    registration fee of $135, acquisition fee to BMW of $650, sales tax on your
    $2025 cap cost reduction of $121.50 and sales tax on the $650 acquisition
    fee of $39 plus the $2025 cap cost reduction itself).

The monthly payment seems fair, but the $4046 due at signing is a bit high...(?)

Your valuable input will be greatly appreciated.
    Have a Happy New Year!
  • ariannewifeariannewife Member Posts: 3
    Hi Folks
    I am fnalizing the deal first thing in the AM.
    I would love you help. I am nervous about getting a great deal.
    X-3 PREMIUM PKG,PRIVACY GLASS,XENON,HEATED STEARING WHEEL
    Leather, 18's
    3900 Down
    420 Per Month
    36 Months
    12,000 Miles Per Year
    Please let me know your thoughts. John
  • terryfterryf Member Posts: 4
    Hi everyone - I just suggested this to a dealer, and if she agrees and I'm offered it, I will sign today - what do you think? I'm waiting to hear back from salesperson.
    2007 X-3
    HEATED SEATS,HEATED STEERING WHEEL, PRIVACY GLASS, NAVIGATION, WOOD TRIM, METALLIC PAINT
    2500 to cover all costs at inception
    415 Per Month
    24 Months
    15,000 Miles Per Year
  • car20car20 Member Posts: 12
    I was in today as well...that sounds like a great deal if including tax. Let me know how you do....have you used their navigation system before..from what I am reading it doesn't get the best reviews...so I'm deciding whether to get it or not.
    but for same car you have above..but without the heated steering wheel, with $12K mileage I was quoted $435.86 including tax and that was with like $3,486 down. But I hadn't done any research...it think it was $800 under MSRP..which now I know from reading here I can do much better. Good luck and let me know how you make out as I may order one on tuesday.
    Hi - NJ taxes are included in that payment. I spoke with the dealer and I'm really happy with the deal we agreed on today. It turned out to be:
    2500 to cover all costs at inception
    415 Per Month
    24 Months
    12,000 (not 15,000 like I had proposed) Miles Per Year
    Heated seats, heated steering wheel, privacy glass, navigation and metallic paint, plus some mats and a cargo liner and maybe something else that was inexpensive thrown in. I didn't do much research on the navigation system. I'll have to read up on the reviews.

Just for your reference, when we started negotiating, I was offered the same exact car, but with a monthly payment of $465 for 10K a year, no heated steering wheel. Shop around, and good luck!
    Did you do multiple security deposits? What does the $2500 include? Any Cap Cost reduction?
    The $2500 includes all costs due at inception - so any fees, taxes, payment..etc. So, the cap cost will be the difference between the total of those costs and the $2500.

He did mention multiple security deposits, but I honestly don't know how they arrived at the number because I did the majority of the negotiating on the phone.
    Super deal..I am in NJ too...so how much off of the MSRP did that work out to be? I am looking for those same specs...but in the silver Metalic but is seems none in stock so I would need to special order or get without the NAV.

Also if you wouldn't mind telling me the dealership as I may just go there..I was in Eatontown. My starting price for the same specs was $435.86 a month for 12K without the heated stearing wheel but with $3,476 down.

so your deal saves $1,000 upfront and about $21 month. Cool!

Did you test drive any others before deciding on this..i have heard good things about the Acura RDX so I need to go test drive first thing tuesday am...I drove the honda 2007 CRV..nice car but missing alot of the upgrades..and horrible financing..no deals on that one right now.

My other option to get right away would be without the NAV..from what I read...about the X3, no voice recognition, no touch screen, can't use without the car being stopped and I don't think the X3 has real time traffic updates although I was told it did....from what I am reading it seems that just the X5 got it in 07. It also doesn't show you behind when backing up..alot of the others have that.

In the reviews the NAV wasn't in the Top 5 or bottom 5..just a very average system that they say BMW needs to work on upgrading to keep up with their competition.

Thanks so much for your help. I hope to be making some sort of purchase on Tuesday...with a little more help from you.
    Paul Miller BMW in Wayne. They were a pleasure to work with. Check your carspace mailbox - I just sent an email answering all the other questions.
  • ap_maap_ma Member Posts: 1
    We are looking at an x3, premium package and are trying to decide if we should lease now or wait to the end of the month - maybe there will be better deals at the end of january? Any thoughts from anyone on whether or not this deal will be extended or if others will take it's place? Just trying to figure out the best timing to lease.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks and Happy New Year!
    check your carspace mailbox...one more question..thanks so much.
    I just made the deal.
    2007 X-3
    HEATED SEATS both front and back,HEATED STEERING WHEEL, PRIVACY GLASS,WOOD TRIM, METALLIC PAINT. Premium
    3500 Down
    415 Per Month
    36 Months
    12,000 Miles Per
    Please let me know your thoughts.
    I've received this offer from a dealer in Hartford, CT
    2007 X3
    Winter Package (heated front and back seats, headlight washers), 18" wheels, heated steering wheel, Servtronic steering, metalic paint, privacy glass
    $3000 out the door
    $405/month
    36 months
    12,000 miles/year
    Thanks CTski
    Wow- Thats about a 860$ differnce. Did you have to work them hard to get that deal? I went through BMW of North Haven.
    Just wondering how much under MSRP did that work out to be?
  • gary55gary55 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Folks,
    Just made this deal,2007 x3 jet black w/ black leather,premium pkg,auto trans,servotronic steering,heated steering wheel,18"alloy wheels,heated front seats,xenon lites,navigation,premium sound and privacy glass.....3,400 down including NYS tax,36/mo,1200/year..462/mo
  • izmirianizmirian Member Posts: 49
    with all those options it sounds like a really good deal. Have fun driving your car.
  • gary55gary55 Member Posts: 3
    Thank You.
  • donahuejdonahuej Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I would like to lease a new X3 and have done a little research. I've used the BMW website lease calculator several times and I tried again today and the payments seemed a lot higher. Has something changed or lease rates gone up???? Any recommendations on what to do (lease, wait, etc)?? thanks!

Joe
  • billmvbillmv Member Posts: 148
    How much of the 3500 down went to the down payment? Even if it was 2500, that's only 70 per month, making your real payment 485, so that's still pretty good.
  • dollar_pounddollar_pound Member Posts: 46
    I heard that the Yellow paper that the dealer gives you with the lease conditions like miles,monthly and other fees does not mean much until you go to pick up the car.

My X3 is on order and now i am wondering if the dealer will honor the yellow paper. I did give a 1000 dollar deposit...

Anyone had bad experiences about this before?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi getwired. Here is the latest info for this car. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 BMW X3 with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 75%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00200 and 65%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi tgr99. You never mentioned the selling price of the X3 that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello dollar_pound. You never mentioned the selling price of the X3 that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

As far as this truck's lease program goes, BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 BMW X3 with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 65%, respectively. I don't believe that BMW FS publishes residual values for vehicles that are leased with 18,000 miles per year. If you need this many miles, you will probably have to purchase additional miles on a per-mail basis. It is usually less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until the end of your lease and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.