Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW X3 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi buzzbomb999. In a competitive marketplace like California, I think that you can do better than this. You aren't being given much of a discount on this truck AND the dealer is marking up both your acquisition fee and money factor. Try shopping around to see if you can do better than this.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • ninabeemerninabeemer Member Posts: 8
    Thanks, Car Man. Insightful as always. I agree, it sounds like this dealership is trying to mark-up everything. I'll let everyone know what the final deal comes to. See ya.
  • buzzbomb999buzzbomb999 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for your help. I love this site.

Different dealer came back to me. They were high before too. How is this:

2007 X3, metallic paint, premium package, privacy glass:

MSRP: $41,970
    Sell: $39,400
    Invoice: Somewhere between $38,635 and $39,000. Don't know what invoice for metallic paint is.

36 month lease 12k miles per year
    Trade in my old old old 540 for $2500 cap reduction.
    $725 acquisition fee
    MF = 0.00215 (no security deposit)
    Monthly payment with 8.5% tax is $480

Is it better to make a $500 security deposit and get the MF of 0.002 or no deposit with 0.00215?

Should I take it?

Thanks,

D
  • buzzbomb999buzzbomb999 Member Posts: 4
    I signed the papers:

X3 - premium package, privacy glass, metallic paint.

-36 month, 12K miles/year
    -Sell price = Invoice = $39,215
    -MF = 0.002
    -Bank fee = $725 (I know I gave up $100)
    -I did do a security deposit of $500 to get the MF. Figured saving .00015 in MF worth roughly $360 is worth letting them hold $500 of my dollars for 3 years. Hard to make $360 off of $500 in other ways.
    -traded in old BMW with problems. 1994 540 valued at 6K in KBB but had many, many problems that would make selling very difficult. Got $2,500 for it.

$456.00 monthly payment including 8.5% sales tax.

Bottom line is I drove away with the X3 of my choice,first month paid for, traded in my car, put $500 down for security, and now pay $456/month. Only out of pocket aside from loosing my old problematic car was the $500 security.

I think I did well. Please feel free to burst my bubble if I am wrong because I am very new at this. If I did anything right it was because of this discussion. I had to bounce between the internet departments in multiple dealers. Some lied to me by saying that the 0.0024 MF was required by BMW financial (among other things) and others were good to work with.

I hope some of this helps because I was helped by others.

Thanks car man and kfydx and everyone else who shared here.
  • laurawizlaurawiz Member Posts: 3
    I am planning to lease a 2007 X3 with sport package by May 2007. I need 18K miles per year. I live in NY/Long Island area. What can I expect to pay. What is the current money factor and a good residual? I want to leave the least amount down and pay taxes in the monthly payments.
  • ninabeemerninabeemer Member Posts: 8
    All:

Just posted this on the Prices Paid section:

MSRP: $43,370
    Net Cap Cost : $40,965 (about $1K over invoice)
    Acquisition Fee: $ 625
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $41,590
    Terms: 36 mo / 12K miles per year / $0 down, no trade
    Residual: 67%
    MF: .002
    Acquisition Fee: $625
    Payment: $492.23 / month

This site is a fantastic resource for this type of information. I would have paid much more without doing the research here. Thanks everyone.
  • jcinvestmentsjcinvestments Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car_Man,
    I am new to leasing and I am not sure that this is a good offer. Can you advise?

The reason to trade and get into leasing is to lower my payments. I currently own a 2004 BMW X3 3.0 26,000 miles that I will use as a trade. Current payment $700.

Lease offer (24months-10000miles)
    MRSP+options: $45470
    Selling price: $43250
    Trade Value: $27500
    Trade Payoff: $23930
    Residual: 78%
    Ballon: $35466
    Principal: $5996
    Principal Payment: 266
    Interest on ballon:189
    Amount to finance including sales tax: $41462
    Interest Rate: 6.4%

Monthly payment: $455.99

Thank you.
  • mez2mez2 Member Posts: 10
    Alright, I was about to put a deposit on a X3 today but wanted to see if there is something hidden in the deal.

X3 MSRP $41,000
    Sales Price $38,400
    Adjusted Cap $40,571.64 Includes $825 Aquisition fee and some thing else.
    67% residual on 3yr 12K year lease
    Mulitple security Deposits Total of 8 for a money factor of .00176
    Payment = $483.68 including our 6.75% sales tax.

How am I doing?
  • addiaddi Member Posts: 33
    Hello Car_Man,

In February I locked in the .002 M.F. for sixty days. My lease is up March 31st. When you can, would you please let me know what the M.F. and Resid is for a 24 month lease (12.0 miles) during March.
    Also, does BMWFS set the Aquisition Fee? Can BMWFS waive this fee? THANKS MUCH, Addie.
  • rcarr5rcarr5 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Dollar_pound,

Would you mind letting me know what dealer you got your lease through? I am in NJ and looking into X3 leases.

Thanks,

Rcarr5@optonline.net
    You're very welcome, ninabeemer.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi buzzbomb999. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with BMW Financial Services' current buy rate for a lease of an '07 X3 with a waived security deposit. The selling price that you were quoted isn't bad either. Having said this, the dealer is trying to mark your acquisition fee up by $100. Make sure to take the mark-up into account in your evaluation of this deal. Also, you may want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: "BMW X3: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • jaffmanjaffman Member Posts: 51
    I have been told that prices on an X3 lease change monthly. I like to take the bottom line approach, and was hoping that someone out there would be kind enough to post what they believe to be a good monthly lease price for this month (march '07), an average lease price and a "bad" (i.e., expensive) lease price that i can expect to receive from dealers in the nyc metropolitan area. Im looking for a 36 or 39 month lease (whichever is the better program), 12k miles/yr, all possible payments rolled into the lease with edmunds telling me that the msrp with the options i want is $44,595, an invoice of $41,030 and a tmv price of $44,320. thanks to all, in advance.
    Hi buzzbomb999. A selling price of dealer invoice plus no mark-up of your truck's money factor is an excellent deal on an '07 X3. Who cares about a $100 acquisition fee mark-up when the deal is this good. Congratulations and enjoy your new ride :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi laurawiz. I can give you an idea of what BMW's current lease program for the 2007 X3 is like, but it is only scheduled to run through April 2nd. There is a good chance that the program that is available on this truck in May will be different than the one that is available on it today. You never mentioned how long you want to lease this truck for, so for now I will assume that you want a 36 month lease. Let me know if you want something different. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 BMW X3 with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 65%, respectively. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that BMW FS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until the end of your lease and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

I would be happy to use this lease program to estimate what the monthly payment should be like on the exact truck that you are interested in, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price. Let me know what these numbers are and I'll do some calculations for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on your new X3, ninabeemer. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. This sort of information is always very helpful for others who are in the market for a similar vehicle. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings jcinvestments. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

A base 2007 BMW X3 has a spread of a little over $3,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The discount that you were quoted, $2,220, is not bad. It actually looks like you were quoted a payment for a balloon note on this truck. Unfortunately, I cannot comment on the monthly payment that you were quoted because I personally do not keep tabs on the details of manufacturers' balloon note programs. Balloon notes are so much less popular than leases that I focus my efforts on just automakers' lease programs.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi mez2. The selling price that you were quoted for the X3 that you are interested in looks pretty good to me. The acquisition fee and money factor that you were quoted look a little high though. BMW Financial Services' current base lease acquisition fee is $625. That means that the dealer is marking your truck's fee up by $200. Also, BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for the '07 X3 is .00200. When one subtracts 7 additional security deposits with a reduction of .00007 each from this we arrive at a buy rate of .00151. Make sure that this is the factor that the dealer you are working with uses to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey Addie. The '07 X3's buy rate lease money factor is the same in March as it was when you locked it in. Its current 24 month, 12,000 mile per year residual value is 75%. The $625 lease acquisition fee is set by BMW Financial Services. Individual dealers do not have the authority to waive this charge, but they are allowed to bark it up by a couple hundred dollars. BMW FS will waive its security deposit requirement at no charge for returning lessees, but I don't believe that it will waive its acquisition fee.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jaffman. This truck's lease payment will vary depending upon what sort of selling price you are able to negotiate. For now I will assume that you are able to negotiate a selling price of $1,000 over dealer invoice. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 BMW X3 that has an MSRP of $44,595 and a selling price of $42,030 through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $482.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • addiaddi Member Posts: 33
    Thank you so much for the info. I did not realise the M.F.
    was good through 4/2/07. The dealer let on that he locked me in for 60 days. You have been a great help to me through this period. Tomorrow, 3/6/07 I get my 525i inspected and will turn it back in 3/31/07. This was my first lease and without your help and my digging in through BMWFS and the dealer this would not have been a good experience. Again many thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jimaboodjimabood Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking at an x3. MSRP is 46,620. Invoice according to Edmonds is 42,435. Sale price is 44,320. Money factor is .0255 with 67% residual on 24 mo/12k lease. I'm putting down 3k plus 2,600 in fees resulting in a payment of $458/mo. They have suggested that i go with 12k miles instead of 15k because should I go over I can call up to 4 mo. from lease termination and increase mileage, and pay an increased amount of aproximately $40/mo for the last four months if I go over (6,000 est. overage).
  • t_hot_ho Member Posts: 1
    Hey, first new car and first experience with leasing. I met with the Internet Sales Manager today and he offered the below. I would greatly appreciate any help in this process. Noticed when walking around afterwards that there are only 3 X3's on the lot and have heard from several sources that they are leasing very quickly in the area (Winter Park, FL...just outside of Orlando). Said he would not move on the price or Money Factor.

X3 - premium package,xenon headlights, bluetooth, privacy glass, metallic paint.etc

-36 month, 15K miles/year
    -MSRP-44,270
    -Sell price = $41,970
    -MF = 0.00225
    -Residual: 65%
    -Tax, tag, title: $339
    -Document fee: $300
    -Acquisition fee: did not state in initial meeting.
    -Security deposit: $580

Lease: $530 before taxes.

What do you think of this deal?
  • jojo718jojo718 Member Posts: 7
    I am new to this site and currently in my first lease. I currently have an 04' X3 w. about 16K on it in it's final year of a 3 year/ 30k mile lease; my first question would be if BMW has some sort of reinbursement or benifit to me for the added value due to the lower mileage????

Second question would be if anyone has used their BMW C.C. benifits toward their current lease - "up to 5ktowards your lease" - is this as simple and straight forward as it is presented????

I love the fact that this website exists - I have read the posts for some time now. This is my first post and it has been coming for some time now..My current lease is up in Sept. 07' and I intend on releasing another X3... hopefully by then the new 3 series 300 hp engine will be an option.

One last question - sorry - do you reciweve the same discounts when you order a custom X3????
    Thanx for the help, you guys are a great resource....
  • drews1drews1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello all, I'm looking to lease a 07 X3 w/ MSRP $43920 and sell price of $41600. What is the proper money factor and residual % that I should be looking for on a 36month 12K year lease with zero down? What would the payment be based on these factors?

Thank you for your help and a wonderful site....
  • lasher30lasher30 Member Posts: 18
    Would like all of your expert opinions on this lease offer I got...

Titanium Metallic Silver, 6-speed auto, Premium Package, Heated seats and wheel, privacy glass, Xenon.
    MSRP: $43,420.00
    Lease Payment: $595
    Lease Length: 24
    Miles/Year: 10,000
    Cap Cost: $42,614
    Acquisition Fee: $825
    Doc Fees: $180
    Money Factor: 0.00200
    Residual: 78%
    Due at signing: $1,218 (incl. $550 SD)
  • kevin88gtkevin88gt Member Posts: 64
    you would be overpaying...I priced the car with the same MSRP and got a deal of coser to 500 bucks a month.... shop around...it seems you ONLY got an 800 dollar discount..
    Thanks. I just started researching over the weekend. Did you get a 24 mo lease as well? What was your cap cost (if you don't mind me asking)?
    What would be a good monthly payment if I want to lease a loaded X3. MSRP $45K+ (sport and premium pkg), 24 mo, 10K/yr, no cap reduction. Is $550 possible?

Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    BMW has a great 24 month lease program on the X3 right now..

$500/mo. + tax, with only 1st payment, security deposit and title/license fees upfront should be no problem on a $45K unit for 24mo/20K lease..

With some serious shopping, you might even knock $15-$20/mo. off of that...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kevin88gtkevin88gt Member Posts: 64
    kyfdx can you provide us with a source of your info about this BMW lease? thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    2yr/20K lease..

78% residual
    .0020 money factor

Subtract 1% from residual for 24K miles

Subtract 3% from residual for 30K miles

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I just put a deposit down for an X3. Thanks to all your posts, I saved over $2K on my 24-mo lease. The deal isn't the best(I tried, kyfdx), but I am satisfied.

Thanks again. :D
  • prothproth Member Posts: 4
    I am looking to lease a 2007 X3 for 36 months. What is the money factor BMW is using for the next 60 days starting on April 1.
    I need to have my dealer install a 2" trailer hitch on the X3 I will be getting. What is a fair price for them to charge me for the hitch and its installation? Can this amount be added to the cap cost of the car and then be "residualized" at the same rate as the car?
  • microchipmicrochip Member Posts: 5
    I was only able to get some of the info that people usually post here, but for an x3 with metalic paint, auto, premium package, cold weather package, idrive nav and privacy glass, MSRP $44,950 I got them to offer me a 30 month lease through BMW financing for $2495.83 due at signing, $516.82/month, including taxes and fees.

Did I do ok? They started at over $560/mo but there are 3 dealers very close to me so it was easy to play one against the other. I'm still giving the business to the guy I started out with, and did my test drives with, but I did beat him up on the pricing.

Thanks for your input!
    MC
  • cincyartcincyart Member Posts: 15
    My dealer quoted me over $900 installed. I had a hitch company do it for $225 !
  • z0rglubz0rglub Member Posts: 1
    The dealer in the area just got an 2006 X3 from the loaner dept with 7000 miles on it. How would a lease work on it? Can I use the same recommended parameters for new models.

Sticker:$39,509
    Sales Price: trying to get it for $32,000
    MF: 0.002 ???
    Terms: 36 months, 12K miles a year
    Residual: 65% ???

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
  • siusidesiuside Member Posts: 7
    Car_Man, Kyfdx, other experts, please advice.

Base Price = 38K

Premium Package = 2550
    18"Wheels = 500
    Comfort Seats = 1000
    Heated Front Seats = 500
    Gray Polar Wood Trim = 0
    Nav System = 1800( really ? , i dont even need this)
    BMW Assist = 750
    Privacy Glass = 350
    Metallic Paint = 475
    Leather Upholstery = 1450

MSRP = 44,950
    Selling Price = 44,050

Rate/Money Factor = 0.00215
    Residual = 67% = $30,585.50
    $0 down ( i insisted on this after reading initially about lease deals)

$606.95/month for 36 months with 12K miles/year.

Is this a good deal? what kind of discounts/price adjustments should i be requesting? i really dont wanna go over $550 per month.

Thanks in advance. You guys have helped a lot of people and are doing a great job. :)
  • rnmomrnmom Member Posts: 32
    Dont know if this is a good deal
    Not sure of the cost my husband and I just talked about the monthly
    We asked for 36 months 10k(we never trun in a lease with more then 20 25 k)..
    we will be puting 3750 down that includes the New York State tax 8 or 81/4% monthly is 512 What do you think of the deal
    The dealer is Open Road BMW Edsion,
    WE are still undecided. We looked at all types of cars the Hydudi Sant Fe was 499 a month so the X3 looks like the pick.
  • gary55gary55 Member Posts: 3
    try going to morristown bmw I got my 07 x3 there.got a great deal,msrp 46,100 paid 43,000,put down 3,400 including n.y.s.tax. 36 month lease 12000/year $460 a month.plus first month payment and $500 security.appox$1100 in tax. Good luck Gary55
    Thanks a lot. Good advice. Found a guy here (VT) who will do the job at the price you noted. Definitely beats the $1,000 our dealer is quoting.
  • vsaxenavsaxena Member Posts: 211
    I am currently driving an X3 3.0si (MSRP $48K+ Step, Sports, Premium, Cold Weather, Nav, Xenon, PDC, Cargo Net, Servotronic, Privacy Glass) with a payment of $358+tax. I did European Delivery and made multiple security deposits but no cap down. Deal was $1000 over ED invoice plus base lease rates for a 24 month/10K term. This was based on December 2006 lease rates.

Lease payments can vary a lot depending on the current incentives. As the person who was quoted $499 for the Hyundai found out, very often you can lease BMWs at a price very close to what you would pay for a car which costs half as much :shades:

And those who like driving BMWs should join the BMW Car Club of America. Their rebate program ($500/$1000/$1500 for 3er,5er,7er) is excellent value for the $40/year you pay.
    You're very welcome, addi.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jimabood. The selling price that you were quoted for the X3 that you are interested in is around $1,800 over invoice. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, you may want to shop around to see if you can do a little better than that, say $1,000 over. There's no guarantee that you will be able to, but it doesn't hurt to try. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: "BMW X3: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

The money factor that you were quoted for this truck is a little high. BMW Financial Services' latest buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 BMW X3 with 12,000 miles per year are .00215 and 77%, respectively with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing. Make sure that this is the money factor that the dealer uses to calculate your truck's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome t_ho. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

The money factor that you were quoted for this truck looks about right to me. The truck that you described probably has a spread of around $3,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. So you are at around $1,200 over invoice, which isn't too bad if X3s are selling as well in your area as you described. If you like the truck, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome jojo718. Unfortunately, you will not receive any refund from BMW for the miles that you did not use during your lease. While I suppose it might be possible to purchase your vehicle at the end of your lease and then turn around and sell it or trade it in for a profit if you were enough under your allowed mileage, given how artificially inflated BMW Financial Services' residual values are it is unlikely that you would be able to make money doing this.

The selling prices of ordered vehicles are negotiable, just like vehicles that dealers have in inventory. Having said this, most dealers prefer to sell a vehicle that they already have in stock to ordering one for a customer. This is for two reasons. One, dealers are constantly paying floorplan interest on the vehicles that they have on their lot. The sooner they sell them, the sooner they can stop paying interest on them. The second reason can be described using the old saying "a bird in hand is worth two in the bush." From the dealership's perspective, the sooner you drive off in your new vehicle the better. A lot can happen to sour a deal on an ordered vehicle over the course of several months. Dealers would rather book a deal immediately than risk losing it by waiting.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    I'm glad that you enjoy this site so much, drews1. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 BMWX3 with 12,000 miles per year are .00215 and 67%, respectively. Using these numbers, an MSRP of $43,920, and a selling price of $41,600, I estimate that this truck's zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $491.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi lasher30. The money factor that you were quoted looks good (it has since been increase to .00215), but the selling price looks a little high. You are only being given an $800 discount on a truck that has a spread of at least $3,500 between its MSRP and dealer invoice price. Plus, this is really only like a $600 discount because dealer is marking up BMW FS' acquisition fee by $200. I personally would want a much larger discount than this on this truck. Try stopping by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately: "BMW X3: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi proth. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 BMW X3 with 15,000 miles per year are .00215 and 65%, respectively with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.