Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW X3 Lease Questions

Comments

• ericmolnarericmolnar Member Posts: 5
    Nuts...I forgot to specify 10,000 miles/year for the lease. Do you know what the residual would be?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    Add 3% to the 15K numbers for 10K mileage allowance.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• cartalk1cartalk1 Member Posts: 13
    Do I qualify for the customer loyality reduction if I already have a BMW lease and want to lease an additional, second BMW? Or does the loyality only apply if you are returning a leased BMW?
  • srini4srini4 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am planning to lease a BMW X3 with the following options.

2011 X3 xDr28i
    Deep Sea Blue Metallic
    Sand Beige Nevada Leather
    Brushed Aluminum Trim
    Premium Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Navigation System
    Park Distance Control
    Rear View Camera
    MSRP: 46,075

The dealer came back with the following quote.
    36 months x 10k miles x 8k OOP = $459 a month
    Residual Value: $27,184.25

This includes all taxes and fees. Considering I am paying 8K as down payment, is this a good deal?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    -Srini
  • brianjwagnerbrianjwagner Member Posts: 1
    I just test-drove an x3 35i over the weekend and the salesman said that the residuals for that model were in the low 60s. Then I get his email today that stated that the residual was 56%, clearly shy of his "hunch" during the test. I've confirmed the 56% here in these forums, so I do not doubt his statement, but in the same email, he said that last month the residual was 60%, and that next month they are going to go down again.

So, I suppose I would like to know when the best month to acquire a new car is? How do those changing residuals work?

Thanks in advance.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Yes, cartalk1, I believe that you would qualify for the loyalty money factor reduction.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi brianjwagner. Vehicles' residual values typically gradually decline as the model year progresses. Having said that, automakers often improve their vehicles' money factors by an amount that enables them to offset any impact that the lower residual value would have on their vehicle's payment.

So while this vehicle's residuals will be lower later on in the year it does not necessarily mean that its payments will be higher. BMW will ultimately set its payments based upon what the supply of and demand for this vehicle is when you want to lease it.

Car_man
    Host
  • chiro444chiro444 Member Posts: 17
    Does BMW do 48 month leases? If so what would be the money factor and depreciation for 12k/year on the non turbo?
    The BMWFS 48-month leases are unsupported... So, residuals are low and money factors are high....

The 36-month leases are much cheaper... but, not cheap.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hey chiro444. If you want to go longer than 36 months to lower your BMW's payment some, go with a 42 month lease. That's the longest term that its special lease program is available for. Quite frankly though BMW's special money factors aren't even that special right now, so there isn't as big a difference between its special and standard programs at this time as there normally is.

Car_man
    Host
  • fllcfllc Member Posts: 37
    Looking at leasing the 2011 X3 28i, with premium, technology, convenience packages - MSRP 46,675. I would only need 10k, but would like to know for 12k too. My current BWM lease is up Sept. 2011.

What should I seek as the buy price? What is the money factor and residual that I should seek? Payment?

Please help! I want to get the best deal possible. Located in Florida. Thanks.
  • recruitsvc1recruitsvc1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi--my 2008 X3 lease expires in November and I'm already 1K over the mileage limit...trying to decide if I have any leverage to return the car early....either if I lease another BMW or just walk away...thoughts? Thanks!
    Hi fllc. Through the end of August BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X3 28i with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

If you are a loyal customer and opt not to take advantage of the $1,000 loyalty cash you are eligible for a .00030 money factor reduction.

I'm not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for this vehicle in your area right now, but in general I don't believe that grosses on luxury vehicles are great in Florida right now. $1,000 or possibly even less over invoice would probably get the job done.

Car_man
    Host
  • ssabaghssabagh Member Posts: 17
    Does anyone know the july 2011 lease/money factor rates for an X3??

thanks
    Its right in the above post by the host.
  • iameuroiameuro Member Posts: 9
    Got into a new 2011 BMW X3 2.8 lease 36 months 10k/yr: Premium / Cold / Tech packages

Let me know what you guys think:

MSRP 46650
    Invoice 43500
    Cap Cost: 44,150- that was my purchase px

Money Factory reductions:
    1) Loyalty
    2) MSD (multiple security deposits)
    3) BMW Drive for team USA event ($1000 cash)

Monthly Payment $550 (tax in the payment)
  • mizzziemizzzie Member Posts: 1
    did you have to put any money down? I spoke to a dealer and they said $550 is not possible.

i'm looking to lease a X3 myself.

thx
    Ssabagh, BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X3 28i with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

This money factor is .00030 lower for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • iameuroiameuro Member Posts: 9
    Hi, $0 down.. I broke down everything I did to lower the payment.

Your dealer is not telling you the truth.
    I got a quote on an 11 x3 with msrp of 47,275 – factor invoice (Edmunds) 43,970 - sell price 44,950 – getting the loyalty factor of .00165 and 59% resid for 10 k

Seems like a decent deal EXCEPT – what are the following charges?

Assignment fee – 895.00
    Dir Admin – 630.77

Are these normal fees or should I try to get them out of there?
    You'll have an acquisition fee... I'm guessing if you don't see that elsewhere, that's what the assigment fee is. BMWFS charges $725, but alllows dealers to mark it up for extra profit. The max charge is $925.. the first $725 goes to BMWFS, not the dealer.

Dir Admin? sounds like padding... I'd try to get rid of this, or get the price lowered by a comparable amount.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks so much. He tried to say it was like a doc fee. But that's not the norm for a lease, right? I mean is there a doc fee for a lease?
    There is also a tire/rent/batt fee of $60.00 - not much but just wondering if its legit?
    Most dealers try to charge a doc fee.... It really doesn't matter if it's lease or buy..

But, $630 is outrageous... but, typical for Georgia or Florida.

For example, some states restrict the amount of doc fees.... California is $55 max and Ohio is $250 max..

Just go back and tell them.... they've bumped the acquisition fee by $170 and added a $630 doc fee... That's $800 more than you want to pay. Will they bargain? Who knows. It's possible that they wouldn't have agreed to your sale price, if they thought they couldn't add those charges, so they may be at their bottom dollar. But, if you are willing to walk over it, they may drop another $500-$800 off the price.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kabbalahkabbalah Member Posts: 58
    Car Man,

Can you please give me the 2011 x3 3.5 engine residual values for 36 and 42 months(if any) for both 12k and 15k per year. Comparing this to an Audi Q5 (2012). Audi buy price is about 5k less for a comparable vehicle. I didn't look at Audi lease rates. Any opinions? Any idea when the 2012 X3's are out?

thanks
    Hi kabbalah. BMW Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X3 35i with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00195 and 48%, respectively.

The residual values for leases with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher.

If you are a loyal customer, the money factor would be .00030 lower.

BMW's lease program for the X3 is really not that great right now, but I don't think that a Q5 would really be any cheaper to lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • ar15ar15 Member Posts: 58
    I'm looking at the X3 lease details. Does this lease only allow 10K miles per year? Or is it 30Kmiles per year?

: " At lease end, lessee will be liable for disposition fee ($350.00), any excess wear and use as set forth in the lease agreement and excess mileage charges of $0.20 per mile for miles driven in excess of 30,000 miles."

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/Vehicles/2011/X3/xDrive28i/OfferDetail.as- px?NAModelCode=1195&OfferType=1&regiontypeid=5
  • rnmtrnmt Member Posts: 11
    Can either one of you please give me the September 2011 money factor and residual values for 36 months for both 12k and 15k per year for a 2011 X3 28i.

Thanks
    10K per year.. 30K total...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ar15ar15 Member Posts: 58
    !0k per year. I bet they don't sell many of those leases.
    Hmmm... I just signed one... ;)

But, I know what you mean... most of ours are for 15K/yr... On a BMW lease, the residual drops by 3% when going from 10K to 15K per year..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hi rnmt. BMW Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X3 28i with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The money factor is .00030 lower for loyal customers.

The residual value is 2% higher for leases with 12,000 miles per year.

Car_man
    Host
  • dwoolmandwoolman Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car Man,

Is the September MF and residual the same for both the 2012 X3 28i & 35i?

Also, can one use the $1000 loyalty discount AND the .00030 MF reduction on the same lease?

Thanks
    Hi dwoolman. BMW Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 X3 28i with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 X3 35i are the same.

Unfortunately the $1,000 loyalty cash and .00030 loyalty money factor reduction are not compatible with each other.

Car_man
    Host
  • soupamansoupaman Member Posts: 19
    Hi,

My 2008 BMW lease term is coming due. I am considering a 2011 or 2012 X3 28i with xDrive.

Two questions for the group:

1) Can someone help me to make sure I have all the savings options covered?
    - $1,000 cash or .00030 reduction for customer loyalty
    - $750 dealer cash
    - multiple security deposit reduction of money factor
    - AMEX carbuying price
    - Anything missing?

2) Can someone share the October 2011 lease rate numbers for both the X3 28i and X3 35i?
    - 24 month, money factor, residual value (12,000 miles / year)
    - 36 month, money factor, residual value (12,000 miles / year)

Thanks!
    edited September 2011
    Unless you pick one from the lot, it's going to be 2012's since they switched production recently. I know because I ordered an X3 28i Sept 13 for Oct 20 delivery and I am getting a 12, not an 11.

Are you positive on the $750 dealer cash? I did not hear about it.
    What are the October 2011 lease rate numbers for the X3 28i (money factor and residual value) for 15k/year?

Thanks
    Hi soupaman. The loyalty incentives are correct, but I don't think that there is $750 dealer cash on the X3 right now...at least not that I am aware of.

BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 X3 28i with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 64%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00195 and 58%.

The numbers for the '11 X3 35i are exactly the same.

The money factors for loyal customers are .00030 lower.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rnmt. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X3 28i with 15,000 mies per year are .00195 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factor would be .00030 lower for loyal customers.\

Car_man
    Host
    Purchased 2012 BMW X3 28i (ordered on Sept 13, delivery at Performance Delivery Center in Spartanburg SC - BMW factory - October 20 - would highly recommend) with the following options:

Premium, convenience, sport activity, cold weather, and technology packages, BMW apps, brushed aluminum, chestnut brown leather, Bluewater metallic exterior

MSRP $49,125
    Sales price: $46,280
    Acquisition fee $725
    doc fee $195
    Due at signing 1st payment and registration
    Lease $759.13/month
    0.00195 money factor
    Residual 55%
    15,000 miles/year
  • soupamansoupaman Member Posts: 19
    Thanks for clarifying Car_man. I wasn't sure about the $750 Dealer Cash as a savings option for the X3.

S
    You're very welcome soupaman.

Car_man
    Host
  • billmvbillmv Member Posts: 148
    Anybody know how many MSDs you can do with BMW and how much each one reduces the MF? Looking at a 2012 X3 28i if that matters.

Also, any recommendations on great internet departments at dealers in N. California (or SoCal).
    Thanks!
    7 deposits at .0007 each, for a total reduction of .00049

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for the prompt response, Walt!
  • jmorsjmors Member Posts: 6
    How does this deal sound?

2012 X3 28i
    Metallic paint
    Tech Package
    Premium Package
    Destination

MSRP: $44,925
    Sale price: $42,000

36 month lease (10k miles/yr):
    $3415 due at signing (includes 1st payment and taxes)
    $572/month

Residual is $26,056 (58%)

Is there more room here? I pretty sure there is by the reaction of the sales rep when I got up to leave, but I'm wondering how much lower I can get it. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
    leoxard....

I'm in the Bay Area too. What dealership gave you $500 over on your 28i lease?

Thanks!
  • ihitcowsihitcows Member Posts: 74
    Hiya. Have the BMWFS rates for a 36-month, 12,000 miles-per-year lease of a 2011 BMW xDrive35i changed since last month?
    According to this forum, i think they were at 0.00195 and 58%.

I'm going to a dealership in about three hours :-\
  • ihitcowsihitcows Member Posts: 74
    Nope, they haven't. :)
  • jdmassjdmass Member Posts: 14
    My dealer (in Massachusetts) is insisting that the 3-yr 12,000 mile residual value on an X3 currently is 56% not 58%. This contradicts the info a few posts up. I've bought 2 cars from this dealer so I'm hoping they're not lying to me? Are they?
This discussion has been closed.