Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW X3 Lease Questions

Comments

• leeshuckleeshuck Member Posts: 73
    Hi Car_man and kyfdx,

Would you provide November lease rates for X3 xDrive35i and X3 xDrive28i for 10k/12k miles per year when they are available? I see BMW is offering a $1,000 Holiday credit.

Thanks,

Lee
  • sharkfightersharkfighter Member Posts: 4
    I'd also love to see the residual and MF on 2013 X3 28i. Now that they've announced holiday cash.

Thanks
  • ken954ken954 Member Posts: 13
    I'm looking at a 2013 X3 xDrive35i in Michigan, well optioned (premium, sport activity, tech, cold weather, bronze / beige). It has about 11K miles, I'm told driven by a BMW sales rep. MSRP was $54,095, invoice $49,740, being offered by dealer as certified pre-owned asking $48.8. I can't find any guidance on used pricing for 2013's. I had been looking at leasing a 28i, but seems like this 'might' be a good deal. Any suggestions on a reasonable offer? With the $1500 holiday cash, would leasing a new vs CPO be better? Also looking for residual / MF for new x35i's to compare. Appreciate any guidance anyone can provide.
  • chaozz1chaozz1 Member Posts: 49
    with dealer incentives right now.expect to get about 8% off msrp
    so on that car about 4500 off a "new" car
    that dealer bought that car back for at most 44..

I would pass thats way to high..
    1 quote i got this was just with a email
    Vehicle Price: $51,695.00
    Market Savings: - $4,040.00
    SmartChoice Price: $47,655.00
  • ken954ken954 Member Posts: 13
    Thanks Chaozz1 - I'm working with the dealer via email right now, just got more info. When I pressed for details, he now says it's a 2012 not a 2013, 13800 miles. No major work done, says they're doing the first oil change as they're prepping it for the lot, also claims tires, etc are all in great shape. Would $47K still be reasonable for a CPO 2012 with MSRP of $54,295? Not much savings given the $1500 holiday cash available on new 2013's...
    edited November 2012
    With all they are doing they are adding to the price of the car.
    If your willing to pay 47k you could get that same car new for 50k or less.
    BMW is known for huge discounts last 2 months so they can beat Mercedes.

I would pick 4 or 5 dealers with in 100 miles of you..find the car on the web site from each dealer.That you like.Email saying I'm ready to buy whats the best price.
    now once all 5 come back with a price and start hounding you to come in.
    you can say well the other dealer is 500 less..

I bet you will get a offer under 50k

Example I leased X5D msrp was 68k agreed price 58K after a year and 13001 miles. I sold it for 51k.I owed 53k.That diesel sound was driving me crazy,
    BMW's take big hits in resale.Take your time.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    edited November 2012
    Hi Lee. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X3 xDrive35i with 12,000 miles per year are .00135 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 X3 xDrive28i are .00125 and 58%.

The residual values for leases with only 10,000 miles per year are 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi sharkfighter. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • sleepdoc1sleepdoc1 Member Posts: 1
    Just wondering if the deal my dealer is offering sounds ok.

2013 x3 28i msrp is 51,145 With incentives the lease is based on 46,000
    36 months, 15k miles/year no money down, sales taxes of 8.375 included in payment.
    Lease payment comes to 649.54/month

Thank you
  • 1stbeemer11stbeemer1 Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car_man

Is this BMW Factory lease a good one? I am looking at 15k mile/year, how will the residual change?

Well-equipped with Premium Package (Moonroof, Leather, Auto-dimming Mirrors, Lumbar Support, Ambient Lighting), Heated Front Seats, Power Tailgate and Destination charges.
    $429*/month for 36 months. $1,000 Holiday Credit and $750 Loyalty Cash included in payment.
    • $429 First months payment
    • $2,750 Down payment
    • $0 Security Deposit
    • $725 Acquisition fee
    • $3,904 Cash due at signing
    Try to get it with First payment and tags only..

Also if your not 100% your going to drive 15k a year, prior to lease end you can log on to your account,They will allow you to purchase extra miles at 16 cents, They add this amount to your remaining payments.This way if the higher mileage alters the residual value in negative way, You can keep that from happening.
  • iameuroiameuro Member Posts: 9
    Dont forget to take advantage of the MSD's.. they can easily bring your monthly payment down by $30/40 a month by lowering your money factor!

Lease I just got:

2013 x3 2.8 (M Sport package) 10k/36m

MSRP 50,700
    Holiday Cash
    Loyalty Discount
    BMW Apps
    MSD's
    $0 down
    $550 (everything rolled into payment; TAX/Bank Fee/DMV)

Due at signing: 1st payment and MSD's ($4200 which you get back at the end of lease)
    :) :shades:
  • hithit Member Posts: 36
    Hey,

Many thanks for this forum for the help - this is my 3rd car that I'm getting with the help of Edmunds forums. I'm looking to get a 36 month lease on a x3 3.5, can you please provide residual rates, money factor, and any applicable discounts? I have a 5series lease expiring, so I should qualify for loyalty discount as well.

Please advise..

Thank you!
    Hi all,

Got several dealerships to compete and am down to the following options:

all are with the following parameters: 15k mi/year, 56% residual, MF 0.00125, 36 months.

Option 1: Base X3 white/black with Premium Pkg and Roof Rail: MSRP $43,095, Selling Price $39,445. Due at signing $1,849.54, monthly payment incl tax: $512.65

Option 2: Base X3 white/black with Navigation, Panoramic Moonroof, Roof Rail: MSRP $43,145, Selling Price $39,850. Due at signing $1,862.40, monthly payment incl tax: $524.51

Option 3: Base X3 white/black with Panoramic Moonroof, Roof Rail: MSRP $40,995, Selling Price $37,705. Due at signing $1,833.29, monthly payment incl tax: $496.40

From internet research option1 is $100 below invoice, option 2 $120 below invoice and option 3 $240 below invoice.

I think these deals are good. Anyone agree or disagree? What else am I missing or need to ask the dealership?

trying to decide between Option 1 vs Option 2 which comes down to a trade off between the Premium Pkg vs Navigation. My thoughts are Premium Pkg is comfort I would enjoy everytime I am in the car, while with Nav ... I am afraid after a few weeks it becomes a while elephant for me since I don't even bother with a portable Nav.

Your thoughts guys and gals.
  • first_timer2first_timer2 Member Posts: 5
    OK, all you lease experts...what are your thoughts on the following lease offer? I'm in Iowa, by the way.

MSRP: $47,545 (2013 x3 2.8 + premium/cold/tech)
    Selling price: $44,595 (includes $1k BMW factory rebate)
    Trade-in allowance: $5,000
    Acquisition fee: $925 (seems high?)
    Miles/year: 10,000
    Lease length: 36 months
    Money factor: 0.00195 (seems high?)
    Residual value: $28,051.55 (59%)
    Sales tax: 6%
    Payment: $547.78 (seems high considering the $5k trade-in?)
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    The money factor is tied directly to your credit score, so either the dealership is screwing with you and trying to make money on the deal, or your credit score isn't to the point to get top tier money factor. You might want to rethink the 5K down, that is a lot and for a lease it is not advisable.
    Hi 1stbeemer1. Savvy consumers who are in an area that have a decent level of competition ad have good credit ratings can usually beat manufacturers' advertised lease payments by negotiating lower selling prices than the ones that were used to calculate the advertised payment. I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to beat this deal by a little bit by shopping around.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome back hit. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X3 3.5 with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

There is a $1,000 holiday cash and $750 loyalty cash incentive on leases of this truck right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • first_timer2first_timer2 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks, flightnurse. Interestingly, I don't think they've even checked my credit score, which is actually about as good as you can get. Looks like the dealer will have some 'splaining to do on Monday! I will also rethink the $5k down. Thanks for the advice!
    Thanks for the lease term update. Residual for 36 mth 15k increasing from 56% to 59% will certainly lower the payments. I am going to negotiate further.

Can you advise how much tire&rim usually cost? same also for end of lease insurance? is this worth buying? I don't want to have a sticker shock at the end of the lease.
    re- read your post. is this only for the 3.5 trim not 2.8 trim?
  • sthodlasthodla Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2012
    Hi everyone,

First time buying a car and I'm trying not to screw up the numbers too much.

Car I'm looking for:

2013 X3 28i
    Space Grey
    Black interior
    MSport
    Technology
    Premium

Only have 1 quote so far and definitely seems on high side looking at the numbers on this site. But I'm not sure why?

MSRP: 50950 (includes destination charge of $895)
    Market Savings: $2395
    Rebate: $1000
    SmartChoice Price: $47300

Cash Down: $1345
    Monthly lease payments : $706 (36months / 12K)

Now I tried to calculate the residual value of this lease based on the payments and then compare that with the residual % posted by car man

Total Lease Payments = $26,761 ($1345 + (36 * 706)
    Calculated Residual = $23934 ($50695-$26761)

With Car Man's numbers for x3 328, Nov 12
    Money Factor = .00125 (3% interest rate)
    Residual % = 58%
    Expected residual = $29,403

Couple of thoughts/questions

1. Priced this car out on TrueCar.com Factory Invoice = $47,515 / Average Paid = $49,159 / MSRP = $51,045. So based on the numbers he gave me, it seems like MSRP is fair. Am I right?

2. Is the difference between expected residual and calculated residual the reason the lease rate is so high?

Appreciate your help. Have to do this all over again for my car so I'd like to understand what's happening.

Thanks,

Oh - for reference, this is the post that made me feel like my lease rate was too high
    -------------------------------
    iameuro
    Nov 12, 2012 (10:58 am)

Dont forget to take advantage of the MSD's.. they can easily bring your monthly payment down by $30/40 a month by lowering your money factor!

Lease I just got:

2013 x3 2.8 (M Sport package) 10k/36m

MSRP 50,700
    Holiday Cash
    Loyalty Discount
    BMW Apps
    MSD's
    $0 down
    $550 (everything rolled into payment; TAX/Bank Fee/DMV)

Due at signing: 1st payment and MSD's ($4200 which you get back at the end of lease)

----------------------------------------

Also - Here's current deal on BMWUSA

X3 328i

Well-equipped with Premium Package (Moonroof, Leather, Auto-dimming Mirrors, Lumbar Support, Ambient Lighting), Heated Front Seats, Power Tailgate and Destination charges.

$429*/month for 36 months. $1,000 Holiday Credit and $750 Loyalty Cash included in payment.
    • $429 First months payment
    • $2,750 Down payment
    • $0 Security Deposit
    • $725 Acquisition fee
    • $3,904 Cash due at signing
  • jc7727jc7727 Member Posts: 12
    Hello,

What is the Residual and Money factor for an 2013 X35i for 12k a year and 48 month term. How does it change for 15k a year. Thank You
    Do less miles you can always buy more at 16 cents each if needed.
    must purchase miles couple month prior to lease end.or they charge you 20 cents.
  • iameuroiameuro Member Posts: 9
    Where are you located? if you are near NY City, you I can provide you with a leasing company that can match my deal.

Your payment seems way high!
  • kball2kball2 Member Posts: 62
    Car Man -- you indicate a rate of .00125 and 59% for a 2013 X3 3.5 with 15k miles per year. Aren't these the rates for the X3 2.8?

I am interested in a 2013 X3 3.5 for 36 months at 10k miles per year -- can you please confirm the latest money factor and residual %?
  • nstino04nstino04 Member Posts: 4
    I've also been trying to negotiate a lease for an X3 and this is the response I received from the dealer on the MF: The .00125 you’re seeing is wholesale. My finance manager would like to make a profit, thus the retail rate is .00165.

I've been reading these post and it seems to me most folks are getting the .00125 or the rate we see from Car_Man, so I'm losing trust in the dealer.

We continue to haggle over the pricing as well. I offered $750 over invoice for my configuration but they countered at about $2500 over invoice. We've been doing this all over email.

I'm in the Twin Cities and there are two local dealers that I'm trying to have compete but they both are high on the sell price.

Am I just in a bad market or do I really need to sit for hours at the dealer to haggle?

Appreciate any insights.
  • nn_miaminn_miami Member Posts: 3
    Hi Fellows,

I have recently re-located to Miami from overseas. As a result, I currently have no credit scrore whatsoever.

I am interested in leasing a 2013 BMW X3i 28 for my wife's use. BMW has a special leasing program, where in they lease vehicles to International Executives, who necessarily do not have the best credit score in the country (due to new relocation / move to USA).

Based on all information from the local dealerships in Miami, I have been quoted approx. $650+ per month (based on monthly payments + apportioning the down payment of $4K).

This is obviously super high, considering what I have read on this forum.

Can someone guide me into the basics of leasing or suggest me a dealership around Miami, so that I can save myself from being screwed royally by the dealerships here.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,
  • sthodlasthodla Member Posts: 4
    Unfortunately this is going to be a cali car but thank you for the offer.

What leasing company did you work with?

I just started engaging with a car broker to see I can find a better deal since I'm heading of the country for 2 weeks on vacation and need to make a decision before the end of the year.

I'm targeting around $550 for an x3 28i + Tech + Premium + Comfort Access with 0 down. Not sure if that's going to work out.
  • wnofearwwnofearw Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2012
    you must be in a bad market for BMW. I am picking up an X3 (2.8, space gray, black leather, premium, tech, cold weather, sat radio, roof rails, bmw apps. 36 month, 12k miles) this tuesday. MSRP is $48145. invoice is $44900, and I'm paying $44070.(830 under invoice) then theres the $1000 holiday cash.
    i'm putting down first month, doc fees(which they really pushed up to $399), DMV, and bank fee. about $2000.
    monthly payment is at $550.
    I think its a good deal. if anyone thinks otherwise, let me know and I'll see if I can still haggle a bit more..
    thanks,
  • jc7727jc7727 Member Posts: 12
    Is this a good deal?

2013 X3 35i

MSRP: $56,595
    Invoice: $52,015
    My price: $51,500

Nothing down besides taxes and fees, comes out to 3,800 down. 620 a month for 36m/12k...I can't do MSDs since im in NY unless I go to a NJ dealer. The NJ dealer quoted me at 4100 down + 4200 MSD and 580 a month. What do you guys think?
  • wnofearwwnofearw Member Posts: 5
    Hey Car_man,
    This might be a stupid question, but does BMW release its money factor/residual values ahead of the month or after the 1st of each month?
    I am really looking for the X3 2.8 numbers for december...
    thanks in advance
  • voldermortvoldermort Member Posts: 67
    Car_Man, I was reading the above posts, and I see that some ppl are putting money down. Is that something 'new'? I thought that was not a good thing because it's leasing the car. Please clarify.
    Thank you. :D
  • phillyguy807phillyguy807 Member Posts: 6
    I visited a dealer and built a 2013 BMW X3 35i (Philly Area)
    Space Gray Metallic, Black 'Nevada' Leather, Fineline Wave Wood Trim, Cold Weather Package, M Sport Package, Premium Package, Tech Package, Head-up Display, Sat Radio

MSRP- 56,545
    My Price- 53, 150

36m/12k
    0.00145 MF
    1,055 due at signing

He offered $709/month and this seems very high. I still haven't tried to counter-offer with MSD's, but what else can I do to try to lower his offer? Any advice will help
    search prices paid see what people are getting off msrp.I know its more then 3k
    with all the bonus cash out there.
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    He offered $709/month and this seems very high. I still haven't tried to counter-offer with MSD's, but what else can I do to try to lower his offer? Any advice will help

OUCH.... Rethink the M Sport Package... What was the residual they were quoting you?
    I have a 6% discount off MSRP + 1000 holiday cash back + 750 loyalty
    59% residual. I'm really a fan of the M Sport package. What are your thoughts?
    Btw, I'm also trading a car in which will obviously lower my payments, but the dealer told me he couldn't give me a value of my car until after my car was ordered and delivered. He said 4 weeks is too long to tell the value of the car because of the fluctuating used car market. I feel uncomfortable not knowing his valuation. I've been to other dealers and they've valued it for me. Is he pulling my leg?
  • rayinsagrayinsag Member Posts: 6
    When I price out the 28 vs the 35, it appears some of the options in the 28 are standard in the 35. Is there more value in the 35 in terms of lease payments? What can I expect for 36 month, 12k, for $ factor, residual and discount off MSRP?
  • gbriankgbriank Member Posts: 220
    Carman:

What are the current residuals for the X3 x28i and x35i? With mileage of 10000 and 12000?
  • candyman6candyman6 Member Posts: 2
    I just was told I qualified for tier 1 credit from BMW - can you tell me the money factor for December 2012 I'm in PA - I keep seeing .00125 on here but I am being quoted .00135 and 57% residual on a 2013 X3 35i 36mo/15kmi year lease.
  • love_leasinglove_leasing Member Posts: 2
    Please help, what's December MF and Residual (36 months with 15K/yr) of a 2013 X3 xDrive28i (Premium package) in the Bay Area (Northern CA).
  • gbriankgbriank Member Posts: 220
    I haven't seen anything from CarMan lately....but I think the following are true:

Money Factor is 0.00135
    Residual for 10,000mi / year is 60%
    Residual for 12,000mi / year is 59%
    Residual for 15,000mi / year is 57%

I've also read that these numbers could change in mid-December, due to competition between BMW and Mercedes Benz heating up. (One is trying to outsell the other.)

I've found the following discounts available:
    $1000 Holiday Discount
    $1000 USAA/Military Discount
    $750 BMW Loyalty Discount (for current owner/leasing customers)
    $300 for current BMW financed/leased customers (download the APP from iTunes and use it to schedule a testdrive. This payment is applied to the first month's loan or lease payment through BMWFS)
    $500 BMWCCA Members (cannot be combined with USAA/Military Discount)
    Hello jc7727. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2013 X3 35i with 15,000 miles per year are .00135 and 48% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I used a 42-month term instead of a 48-month term because that's the longest lease that BMW's special programs are available for.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi kball2. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X3 3.5 with 10,000 miles per year are .00135 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi wnofearw. That's not a dumb question at all. BMW usually does not give anyone advance notice, at least not written advance notice, of what the incentives for a particular month will be like before the month begins. In fact, they often do not publish their official incentives bulletins until after their monthly sales conference call later on in the day on the first of the month, or whenever sales are released. This is of course assuming that the incentives are not scheduled to run for multiple months, which the current program is.

BMW Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X3 2.8 with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi voldermort. People are free to do whatever they want ;), BUT I personally always advice consumers against putting money down on a leased vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi GBrianK. BMW Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X3 2.8i with 12,000 miles per year are .00125 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 X4 3.5i are .00135 and 59%.

If you were to lease either of these vehicles with only 10,000 miles per year, their residual values would be 1% higher.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive and $750 owner loyalty cash that are currently available on these vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.