Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A7 Lease Questions

Comments

• deanoohdeanooh Member Posts: 12
    Hi Everybody,

Can you post the 2012 A7 Premium Plus Base Rate March Lease-15K miles,
    MF numbers and residual percentage for

36 Month Lease =
    42 Month Lease =

Thank you so much

I'm itching to get an early jump before my lease ends in May 2012.

Cheers,
    Dean
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi Dean. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A7 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00143 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00163 and 46%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • stuntman1stuntman1 Member Posts: 1
    Looking to get some input on the numbers for leasing a 2012 A7 in April. Is this a good deal for a lease?

Premium Plus w/20" sport package. Cap cost is $62,500. Mf is .00163 with residual at 48% or $31,700. 42 months, 12k per year, $5,400 due at signing, $805 per month.

Thanks,
    Hi stuntman1. The money factor that you were quoted is right on the money. It is a little more difficult for me to evaluate the selling price without knowing what this car's MSRP is. Do you have that number? Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

I have to say though that five grand is a lot of money to pay at lease signing. Chances are that part of that money is going towards a capitalized cost reduction aka down payment for your A7. I always advise consumers who lease to put as little money down as possible. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi , i think is just a average deal.. Not A Good or Great one.

A7 Premium Plus, Hvn Blk, Nougat, Ash
    20" Sport Package, Drivers Assist, wheel locks, Mats
    MSRP 68,100
    CAP COST 65,810
    MF .00183
    RES 46%
    Due at Start $2,774.32
    Payment 1,060.19
    They Said No Conquest on A7 cars. I have an Acura TL
    I got talked into leaving a deposit of $500 argg. Bad move. just wanted to leave. maybe I can dispute on my CC. Feeling worn out.

Dean
  • crich2crich2 Member Posts: 1
    Trying to lease an Audi A7 Prestige Package, MSRP 74,030. Selling price 66,714.00. total drive off (tax etc) 3,962.30. Monthly payment 1,278.80. 12,000 miles per year. 36 months.

Good deal or should we go back and request what?

Thank you for any help.

C
  • kerbkerb Member Posts: 195
    Greetings Car_Man:

Could you kindly post the April buy rate and residuals for 2012 & 2013 A7's in the Premium, Premium Plus and Prestige trim levels for the following terms and mileage:

36/10
    36/12
    39/10
    39/12
    42/10; and
    42/12

Many Thanks!
    Hey kerb. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A7 Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00143 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00163 and 50%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00163 and 48%.

The money factors for the other versions of this car that you mentioned are the same. The residual values would be the same for the Premium Plus and they would be 4% lower for the Prestige.

The residual values for leases with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

There is no lease program for the 2013 A7 yet.

Car_man
    Host
  • kerbkerb Member Posts: 195
    Excellent, thx. once again!
    You're welcome kerb.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_man,
    Are the lease rates out for May yet: Can you kindly provide the MF and Residual for May 2012:

A7 Premium Plus and A7 Prestige
    36/15K
    42/15K

Also a dealer told me that there isn't any Conquest Rebate on the A7 is this true ?
    Yes they are deanooh. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A7 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00124 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00144 and 45%.

The numbers for the Prestige are .00124 / 45% and .00144 / 41%.

What you were told about the conquest cash is correct, the A7 has owner loyalty cash available on it right now but I'm not aware of any conquest cash on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you very much Car Man.
    Wow that was fast deanooh :). You're very welcome.

Car_man
    Host
  • kumquattkumquatt Member Posts: 7
    Car_man (or anyone else):

I found a dealer that has a "corporate" 2012 A7 Prestige with about 11k miles. How much (%) can I attribute to "depreciation" to determine a reasonable price for this "used" car? The car technically is not new but certified pre-owned with a 100k warranty.

Any help or guidance please?

Thanks!
  • all4carsall4cars Member Posts: 5
    I don't see many discussion about the buy price. Almost all the topics are leasing. Is buying not a good idea for A7?
    I'm looking at a premium plus with MSRP $64820. What do you guys think is the good offer price? As 2013 model is around the corner, dealer should try to move out the 2012 model, right?

Thanks
    All4cars -

I'm also looking to buy. Just contacting a number of dealers around me I found pricing for a 2012 A7 Premium Plus to be between a few hundred over invoice to $1000 over invoice. Dealers are anxious to move cars to close the month of May, and more eager to move those cars on the lot or on the boat than to order the 2013 (which I'm leaning towards for that 3rd rear seat option).

Good luck!
  • selinselin Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car_man:

Forgive my ignorance but how do the numbers you gave translate into an actual monthly payment in dollars? Thanks for the help.
    Thanks Kumguatt!
    I would also like to have 3 back seats. But that probably means we need to pay MSRP or close to MSRP for the 2013 model. Other than 3rd seat in the back, I heard there is no other change.

I think if we can get a few hundred to $1000 over invoice, that should be a pretty good deal. agree?
    I just found out on the edmunds.com there is $2000 Manufacturer to Customer rebate. If I negotiate the price to $1000 over invoice, I can get it for $1000 less invoice?
    Hey all4cars:

Just emailing around, found you 1 dealer who will order a 2013 model for 3% over invoice. I'm sure if you are serious and look around you can probably maybe get that down to 2% maybe?

I've been told if you know exactly what you want to contact the dealership's fleet manager who needs to move volume. Not sure if there is any truth to this or not.

I also saw on Edmunds that there is up to $2k rebate. Don't know all the details or where to find them, but "up to" I would think means you need to order top of the line perhaps. So, the actual rebate might be less. Please post any details if you find out.

Thanks!
    Kumquatt
    Hi Kumquatt,
    The rebate is audi loyalty program. So if you are audi owner you can get that. Unfortunately, I'm not.
    Do you know what is the extra charge for the 2013 3rd back seat option? Or is that standard for 2013?

Thanks
    all4cars:

The 2013 3rd back seat option is not standard. Dealer informed me the cost is $350, so it's pretty small.
    Hi kumquatt. Banks publish residual values to estimate how much depreciation vehicles will experience over a certain period of time. Audi Financial Services' current 12-month, 10,000 mile per year residual value for a 2012 A7 Prestige is 59%.

This means that Audi's own captive finance company believes that this car will be only worth 59% of its original full MSRP after one year and 10,000 miles of use. this will give you a good guideline to use in your negotiations. Don't be surprised though if the dealer won't come close to this figure in terms of a selling price. The used vehicle market is very strong right now. You may find that the difference in price between a low mileage used vehicle and a brand new one is not as much as one would think.

Car_man
    Host
    That's not an ignorant question at all, selin. You definitely should check out the following articles that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. They will answer your questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi all4cars. The only $2,000 cash incentive that I am aware of on the A7 is $2,000 in owner loyalty cash for purchases. On leases this cash drops to $1,000. You should definitely take this cash into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    Much obliged Car_man!
    You're very welcome kumquatt.

Car_man
    Host
  • dssxxxxdssxxxx Member Posts: 69
    Not a lease but got top of the trade value for 2010 Q5 and $6K off list for 2012 A7 Prestige.

Just FYI.
  • blinkn09blinkn09 Member Posts: 8
    I got the A7 last month for $905/month with $3500 down. I didn't qualify for the $1500 incentive for driving a BMW. I forgot the money factor, but I got the residual to 53%. Premium plus with sports package. After all was said and done I ended up with ~930/month because they paid off my previous car and I bought the audi care maintence package.
  • dt34dt34 Member Posts: 11
    Hello Car_Man,

Can you please provide me with the Money Factor and Residual for a 2012 Audi A7 Prestige for 36 months with 10k, 12k, and15k miles/yr.

Much appreciated!

dt34
  • dt34dt34 Member Posts: 11
    Car Man,

If you can help me out by posting the MF and Residuals for the following above please.
    Hi dt34. Through July 5th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A7 Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00124 and 45%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual values for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher. Its 10,000 mile per year residuals are 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • rynamiterynamite Member Posts: 2
    Hello Car_Man,

Can you please provide me with the Money Factor and Residual for a 2012 Audi A7 Prestige for 36 months with 15k miles per year.

Thanks.
    Here's the information that you're looking for rynamite. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A7 Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00072 and 44%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • wlciiiwlciii Member Posts: 2
    Can you please post the latest Sept rates for 2012 A7 premium plus 36 month lease at 10K.
    I'd be happy to wlciii. Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A7 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00072 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • tdhooahtdhooah Member Posts: 1
    Can you post the August rates for 15000 miles for an A7 with 36 and 48 months? I'm contemplating a longer lease as I would like to keep the car for at least 3 years.
    Certainly tdhooah. Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A7 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00169 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00194 and 47%.

The numbers for the 2012 model are .00072 / 48% and .00194 / 41%.

Car_man
    Host
  • cm64325cm64325 Member Posts: 1
    Can you please provide the most current residual and money factor for a 2013 A7 premium plus, 42 month lease, 10k mi/yr. Thanks
    Here you go cm64325. Through September 4th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2013 A7 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00189 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • rynamiterynamite Member Posts: 2
    Hello again CarMan,

I'm still in the hunt for an A7. Could you please provide the MF and residual for a 36 month lease of a 2013 A7 Prestige w/ 10k, 12k and 15k miles?

Thanks in advance.
    Hey rynamite. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A7 Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00159 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher. The 10k resid would be 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • patent11patent11 Member Posts: 3
    Carman - could you post the latest MF and residual values for a 36 month lease of a 2012 A7 Prestige w/ 10k, 12k and 15k miles? Thanks so much!
  • vermovermo Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carman,

Thanks for all the helpful info you have been giving us. Could you post the latest rates/values for a 30/36 month lease of a 2013 A7 Prestige for 10k miles? I'm actually looking into a 33 month lease, not sure if it changes the money factor.
    Certainly patent11. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A7 Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00159 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher. The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome vermo. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 30-month lease of a 2013 A7 Prestige with 10,000 miles per year are .00159 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00159 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
  • yasukazuyasukazu Member Posts: 3
    Hi Carman, can you provide me with the MF & Residual for an 2013 A7 premium plus at 36 months & 10,000 miles per year. Thanks!
  • patent11patent11 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Carman. I got a quote from an authorized Audi dealer for a 2012 A7 Prestige, 10K miles with a money factor of .00051 (so better than the buy rate you quoted) but a residual value of only 46% (so worse than the 57% you quoted).

Seems odd to me that the numbers would be so far off and inconsistent from what you have - can you think of anything that might drive this variance?

Thanks so much.
  • immortalaimmortala Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man

Can you please provide me with the Money Factor and Residual for a 2012 and 2013 Audi A7 Prestige for 42 months with 12k miles per year?

Thank you,
    immortala
This discussion has been closed.