Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Remove Sports Pack

fromsocalfromsocal Member Posts: 6
edited May 2011 in Mercedes-Benz
Just got a 350 E yesterday, love it!!, however, it is entirely my fault that I didn't pay attention that I got a sport pack instead of luxury package :-(. the front bumper is too low for wife's driving habit, is there anyway to "remove" sport pack?

is it possible to change suspension and tier without valid warranty?

Comments

• rockypaulrockypaul Member Posts: 104
    You too?

I have the 2011 E-350 4-Matic wagon with sports pkg, 18 inch AMG wheels and AMG body kit.

At 600 miles I lost two left side tires due to pot hole damage.

Flat bed operator said he is busy every day with low profile tire cars.

M-B must have thought I was goin' racin' since we live in Daytona half the year.

You will have to swap the car back to the dealer as the solution involves springs, front end geometry, tires, wheels, etc.

If you had the E-550 with the Air suspension you would be able to solve the "dragging the front end clip over the drive way dip" issue as we do with our S-430 4-Matic.

Paul.
  • lawcarlawcar Member Posts: 97
    Hi.
    What part of Southern California are you from? I'm getting an E350 sedan with the sport package and AMG 18" wheels. Would you get the Wheel & Tire Protection Plus package for $1,500 for 4 years? Thanks, David
  • abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,254
    The sport package includes front tires and wheels that are a different size than the rear wheels - thus you cannot rotate the tires. Both front and back are 18" tires and wheels, however they differ in how wide the tires are and thus the reason you cannot rotate them.

As for other inclusions in the sport package, you have a different grille in the front than the luxury version - 3 cross members on the sport and 4 cross members on the luxury. Interior is also different. The major difference is the height of the car - sport is lower and has side and front lower body moldings. Thus, some people, if they are not careful, are going to scrape the molding at the front of the car if they pull in too close to a "nose-first parking space with a curb."

I have always had the sport, but I have learned from previous cars not to pull all the way in or too close.

No, there is no way to remove or chance the ground effects on the sport without major body work, which would be quite costly.

I am terribly sorry that you did not first check into the luxury vs. the sport models. The main thing you need to accustom yourself and your wife to is to be much more cautious when parking the car or when going over pot holes or road hazzards.

I sincerely hope you enjoy your car - it's truly a marvelous machine.

2021 Genesis G90

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,254
    Hi again, David.

Yes, for sure. That's $370 a year, and from what I gather from your other postings, the roads are really bad in Southern California. The insurance would pay for replacement of tire and wheel, if not repairable.

Just find out from the dealer how many times you can use the insurance. For instance, suppose in 4 years you had to replace 4 wheels and 6 tires. Would you be covered for that? Sometimes, these policies have limits as to how many wheels/tires they will replace.

Double check to make sure, David.

2021 Genesis G90

• ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    Also check to see if they cover anything other than the OEM tires.....some policies require you to replace a tire with another OEM tire and snow tires or non OEM tires are not covered.
    edited December 2011
    Yes, Your suggestion is a good one. Was just checking with someone who lives in SoCal. But for $30/month, it will give peace of mind. Should be picking up car tomorrow. Have a good New Year and thanks for your advice. David
    Good idea. I'll definitely check.