Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Permanent Fix for Key Getting Stuck in the Ignition

gearkatgearkat Member Posts: 13
edited October 2014 in Pontiac
Here is a link to my Youtube video on how I fixed this problem in my 02 Grand Prix. In my case the green and purple wires had come loose from the console solenoid and instead of installing a new wire harness and likely running into the same problem later, I simply soldered in some short extensions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rHbrsvzxWc

Comments

• gearkatgearkat Member Posts: 13
    I also offer local repair for the EXACT same repair I did on my O2 Grand Prix. Please contact for details.
  • gearkatgearkat Member Posts: 13
    Sorry my contact information is gearkat@gmail.com and I can make his repair local to Providence, RI.
  • theraztheraz Member Posts: 2
    I had the same problem happen...my key was stuck in the ignition for 2 weeks. It wasn't something you could fix by jiggling the wheel and turning the key either as if the wheel was locked. The place I took it to had taken something out of the box where the gear shifter is. I don't remember what it is called (I just remember it was a creamy white color) but it worked. The only thing he mentioned was that I can shift into any gear, reverse, neutral, etc. without having to step on the brake to actually shift. I haven't had the key stuck ever since.
This discussion has been closed.