Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Torrent Cylinder Misfire

k210k210 Member Posts: 1
edited October 2014 in Pontiac
I have a 2007 Pontiac Torrent with 34,140 miles on it. Bought it brand new September 2007. My Torrent since February 2010 has been in for repairs currently on it's third time. February they replaced the spark plug on cylinder 3. In September 2010 (about 3,000 miles later).. the spark plug, wires, and coil were replaced again, same cylinder. (It always throws a #0300 code). It just started happening again, (4,000 miles later). They said they are replacing all the coils, spark plugs, and wires. My question is will this actually finally fix it permanently, or is this going to be a continuous problem. At this point, in Florida it would be considered a lemon, and I'm not sure if I should go that route with it.

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    k210,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. By chance, have you spoken with GM Customer Assistance? Could you please email me your VIN? I would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • kellyh07kellyh07 Member Posts: 6
    If you still have the option to go back on the Lemon Law I would. There was a voluntary customer notification sent out in January 2011 (about) that the spark plugs and wires were having issues and they extended the warranty on those parts for 10 years/120000 miles. Unfortunately they cant tell you what is causing the issue and have indicated it could be a continuous problem.

Get your paperwork together and file! We had the spark plugs and wires replaced in Dec 2010 and again two weeks ago (June 2011). They are claiming the only difference was putting some compound in the wire boots.
  • steelers6paksteelers6pak Member Posts: 19
    The recall is not so set in stone read through the posts on the Lurching on Easy Acceleration. The 07 Torrent has some an issue that is destroying the plugs and wire set. Good Luck trying to work under the service recall, chances are if you didn't receive it in the mail they'll tell you your VIN is not part of the recall despite the fact you have the problem the recall addresses.
This discussion has been closed.