Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Shipping Delays for the Ford Explorer?

gribes13gribes13 Member Posts: 3
edited October 2014 in Ford
I ordered a 2011 Limited Edition Explorer March 29th and I still do not have it 12 weeks later. Does anyone know of any delays from the factory?

Comments

• robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Did you order bordeaux red or tuxedo black? Both of those colors are on hold due to the lack of a Japanese made ingredient for the paint.
  • gribes13gribes13 Member Posts: 3
    The color of the vehicle is Platinum White. I have also heard that there are some delays for future 2011 Explorers purchases based on lack of materials from Japanese sources. I have the schedule from Ford that states the vehicle is done, but it is just sitting at the plant...
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    edited June 2011
    Then in that case, it's a logistics issue with UPS who handles the transportation of all Ford vehicles from the factory to the dealer. It's probably stuck on a brown truck somewhere. :P

Sorry - have nothing to offer.
  • gribes13gribes13 Member Posts: 3
    Hey - That sounds like one of the excuses I got from my dealership!
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,301
    My Bordeaux Red XLT was ordered about the same time. I have had it for 3 weeks.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    More likely than otherwise it came in to the dealer and was sold to a higher "bidder".
This discussion has been closed.