Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

All-New 2012 + Toyota Camry

12346»

Comments

• sharonelsharonel Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2012 Camery that does the deceleration and has had two acelerations incidents. Has been a full day at Round Rock Toyota and they find nothing. a friend with an Avalon had this happen to her car some years ago and a Toyota shop person fixed it. He is still there and told me he couldn't fix my Toyota only te Avalon. I have gone to the Lemon Law on al of this, They also tod me the phone and entertainment system was hands free and it it not. I have a paper from them with a statement not made by me. It is scary to drive in heave traffic. It cannot be made to decellerate on command.
  • snake12027snake12027 Member Posts: 1
    My2012 Camry has the same problems.I have also had problems with my fuel pump running with the car turned off in my garage
  • naatz1naatz1 Member Posts: 188
    Our 2012 XLE I4 was one year old on 3-14-13 at 14,000 miles. All is well, no reliability problems at all. It's only seen about 2000 miles of driving the past 5 months compared to 11000 the first 7 months: we flew out of town for all of January & the past 2 months have had a "real MN winter" using our Jeep 80% of the time. I expect we'll start driving the Camry 90% now that temps are forecast to be warming and roads hopefully stay ice/snow free. MPH the past 6000 miles of mixed driving, mostly winter warmups & city the past 2000 miles = 30.1 on the dash. The Michelin Primacy MXV4s did well in a couple inches of snow & snow packed ice on our rural road but the Jeep saw any heavy snow drives. I expect we'll see more miles driven during the second year mainly since we plan to drive the Camry (vs fly) down south next winter adding at least 4000 more miles.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    Take a look in the owner's manual. After I think 6 hours, you will hear a noise, kind of like a small electric motor running, that lasts about one minute. It is the car doing a check of the fuel system. The owner's manual tells you this.
  • ndossndoss Member Posts: 1
    Have Camry SE 2012 and it has the same problem. It is still under warranty and I have a dealer appointment tomorrow. I'll let you know what will happen. Hopefully someone at Toyota is looking at these posts and starts to act accordingly. There well popular Deming model (plan do check act).
    Will see
  • martiebmartieb Member Posts: 1
    ours does it to we have reported it one time they said no problem. The bad part is you never know if its going to go or stop.
  • drjjjjdrjjjj Member Posts: 25
    Check your air box, might have a mouse nest, very common! Winter mpg highway should be 30 mpg even driving fairly agressive!
  • dhill24dhill24 Member Posts: 2
    We just purchased a 2012 Toyota Camry on 10/13/13 and I have had the same no response from the accelerator when the outside temp is 52 degrees or colder and the first start of the morning. It has happened 4 times. I am driving and try to accelerate and no response. Very frustrating. Toyota has not been able to duplicate the problem at the dealership. It is not throwing a code so they say there is no problem. They told me to take a video of the experience next time it happens. What my word does not mean any thing?

Any ideas how to resolve this issue?
  • just_focusjust_focus Member Posts: 53
    "or any clunker from Detroit"
    What is the safety rating on your Camry? I think your family would be much safer in a Detroit clunker.