Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2011 Toyota Camry LE V-6 Auto Trans ... Rare?

kasturiranganrkasturiranganr Member Posts: 4
edited October 2014 in Toyota
Hello All,

I am in the market for a 2011 Toyota Camry LE with a V-6 engine and auto transmission and have a couple of questions. I am looking for one in Texas.

a. Is finding a 2011 Camry LE V-6 in Texas difficult? I have been shopping around with a few dealerships and quite a few of them have gotten back saying it is hard to find that particular model in their stock. Is it true that procuring a 2011 V6 LE is that difficult?

b. Quite a few of the LE V6s on which I did get a quote seem to come pre-loaded with options? Is there not a market for someone who wants the reliability of a Camry with the power of a V-6 but no options? It seems I am being bound to the options

I appreciate any responses I can get.

Comments

• wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    Dealers assume that if your pockets are deep enough to feed $4.00 gallon gasoline into a gas-guzling V6 then....
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    You might have better luck in our Camry Prices Paid discussion. Maybe some other active shoppers have run across the same - or different - situation.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• adamw812adamw812 Member Posts: 32
    We have a 2008 Toyota Camry with the 4 cylinder and a 2008 Avalon with the 3.5 Litre V6. The Avalon seems to do better on gas than the Camry as it has to work less hard to attain speed. The gas mileage seems to be one mile to the gallon better in the city almost all the time with the Avalon.
  • luckysevenluckyseven Member Posts: 134
    I recently rented Camry 2011 V6 LE and took it on 700 miles trip. It uses same 3.5L engine as Avalon so I don't see how it works harder in Camry since Camry is lighter then Avalon. I had 4 adults in there, trunk full of luggage and used A/C all the time, and speed around 75-80 MPH. Car averaged 31.5 MPG, not bad for a V6....
  • adamw812adamw812 Member Posts: 32
    If you re-read what I said, I stated that the V6 works less hard than the 4 cylinder!
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    NOT possible.

ONLY if you consistently DESIRE rapid acceleration will the V6 "shine" compared to the I4. Otherwise the "work" level will be in favor of the I4, lower frictional and pumping losses.
  • toyota3000toyota3000 Member Posts: 6
    They are harder to find than the SE or XLE. Local dealers had 149 Camrys, only 6 LE's had the V6 option.

They are rated at 20-29 mpg.
This discussion has been closed.