Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

1980 Buick Electra Park Ave./Rarety?

cessnapetercessnapeter Member Posts: 4
My husband and I just purchased this car with a buick 350 and 58,500 actual miles on it. We were told that there was only about 800 of them made. After talking to a few people they have never seen one that had a gold eagle (true) decal on the front 1/4 panels. We are guessing that's what sets it apart from the usual make and model for that year. The 1rst owner has passed so the only info we can obtain is from his widow. We are the 3rd owners of this big beast. After talkin with some classic car buffs they think it may be a special edition of sorts. IS THEIR ANYONE OUT THERE THAT MAY KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS CAR? It is a four door, all white with a thin red pinstrip down the side above the door handles. Has the leather top, maroon valouer seats, power seats, windows, air cond. etc. And growwwls like a big cat when running. ;) GRRRRR...

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Hop on over to our Classic Cars discussion board. That's where you'll find members who know about rare vehicles.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• cessnapetercessnapeter Member Posts: 4
    Lol ~ I was there but no one could give me an idea as to whether this car is one of the claimed 800 or not and they told me to try this forum. Thanks anyway! ;)
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Ah, gotcha. If mr_shiftright didn't know, then probably no one around here knows. One last idea - click the "help" link at the top of this page, then submit a ticket. Sometimes the odd questions make their way to someone with super-specific info.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    edited August 2011
    They made quite a few 1980 Electras and I don't recall any Special Editions.

These weren't bad cars. Those were tough years as GM and the others struggled with tighter smog rules. As a result, they weren't very powerful.

I would enjoy it. It's a nice road car but don't look for much collector interest in it.

Thet padded top is vinyl and not leather. Back in those days they were pretty popular for some reason I'll never understand except they just don't look "right" without one.

Lastly, it shouldn't "growl" those were quiet runners. You may want to get it looked at. Maybe an exhaust leak?
  • tbush74tbush74 Member Posts: 1
    I know this string is old but if you still have that car and want to sell it let me know.