Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2012 - 2013 Toyota Avalon

191011121315»

Comments

• adamw812adamw812 Member Posts: 32
    I use Lexol Leather cleaner and Lexol Leather Conditioner a couple of times a year on out Avalon Limited. It is a 2008 and the seats still look new. It has 30,000 miles on it
  • robnichrobnich Member Posts: 13
    No wear, discoloration or soiling in 10 months and 8000 miles on my 2013 Avalon Limited V6 with Almond interior. The seats still look like they did the day I bought the car.
  • gohawaiiangohawaiian Member Posts: 84
    Thanks for the tip. I've made a note of the brand name and will look for it.
  • gohawaiiangohawaiian Member Posts: 84
    Excellent! I'm feeling MUCH better about that seat color choice. Thank you!
  • dr4ever007dr4ever007 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone out there address this issue: I own a used 2012 Avalon with 42K (prior rental veh.). Bought with 7 yr./100K mi. warranty and has a 'sealed' transmission. Is there any problems with this tranny set-up I should be aware of? Avalon was sold as Certified, but would you recommend having transmission 'flushed' just in case?
  • poorthingflintpoorthingflint Member Posts: 61
    Do not flush or do anything else to your transmission. The transaxle (which is the type of transmission you have) is filled with a high grade synthetic fluid. Barring some sort of unusual heavy use or abuse it should last for the normal life of the transaxle. Do watch for early signs of leaks and have them resolved quickly and the proper fluid level restored and you should not have any problems. For the record I owned a transmission shop for close to thirty years. Good luck.
  • aus1aus1 Member Posts: 20
    I have a 2012 and have experienced no issues with the tranny. Sounds like the previous post offers good advice.
  • nceencee Member Posts: 419
    edited November 2013
    I have issues with my 2012 Avalon tranny, which is one of the reasons I'm considering an extended warranty.

When it's cold, and I drive off, I think it's 2nd maybe 3rd gear, when it gets to 2,000 RPM's, it will go up to 2200 RPM, and down to 2000 over and over, until I speed up or slow down. It's pretty smooth going, not jerky.

This will last for 3 4 minutes, or until it gets pretty warm, and on occasion it seems like the temp gauge reads up around the 10 - 11 o'clock range, and it normally is 8 to 9 range for the needle.

I'll be bring it into the dealership next week, in hopes that they can experience the same thing, tell me what it is, and fix it, while under warranty.

Skip