Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi S5 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi ZoneMobJ. The .00099 money factor that I mentioned is correct. If your credit is in good shape, chances are that the dealer is marking our car's factor up to add additional hidden profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • efast100efast100 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2012
    I'm hoping to be in the market for a 2012 Audi S5. I'm thinking about a lease, approximately what can I expect monthly payments to be with 12,000/yr?
    I'm new to leases, what are the key points this?
    Thank you.
  • ZoneMobJZoneMobJ Member Posts: 17
    I would wait - the mid-cycle refresh (2013 model V6) is coming out in the next couple of months... you could get one of those OR save 5-6 grand on the 2012. That is what I am doing.
    Thanks, I'm glad you told me about the new model coming out, as you can tell I'm just starting to look into this. I looked at some websites with pictures of the new design, it's nice, plus the new engine (V6 supercharged). I read only the RS5 will have the V8, I kind of liked the idea of the V8, it's a tough decision for me (who doesn't like having the latest model 2013), although saving 5 to 6 grand is not a bad idea. I talked to a salesperson yesterday and he told me they wouldn't offer any discounts on the 2012 vehicles, but of course he will say that, I'll have to look around. I think I misunderstood you, are you waiting for the 2013 or opting to save some cash on the current model?
    I went the European Audi site (the New S5 is out there already) and noticed under specs that the 0-60 is still going to be 4.9 secs (no loss in performance over the V8) which is great except the icing is about 4-6 extra MPG which cannot hurt these days. Yes you loose the V8 Growl but you gain:
    - MPG
    - Newer looks
    - New Technology

To me that is worth the wait so to answer - I WILL get the newer one. Finally, I spoke to my Audi person here and she was more forthcoming with a 4-6K discount being pretty standard on the 2012s once the 2013s come out :) Good Luck!!
    Hello again ZoneMobJ,
    Thanks for your input. Things have changed a little since my last post, I am know looking for an A5 even if it's the '12 model. Spoke with the dealer and here's what I got: Price 46,191.50 and 12k miles/yr. with $4,000 down, monthly payments would be $719.78. What do you think about that or who can help? Residual would be 55%. Factor .0018500. Personally I thought it was terrible.

Thanks!
    I think Car-Man would be a better judge for you... but that sounds really crap to me
  • drewtabdrewtab Member Posts: 22
    Car man what is the present money factor and residual for S5 coupe 2012. I got a quote today of $62,200. 55% residual. Money factor .00149 36 month $2578 out of pocket incl first month. $887 plus tax per month. They are taking my A4 back with a year left and allegedly not rolling it in.

In florida. Car seems scarce
    Hello drewtab. I agree, I'm sure that there's not a ton of S5 Coupes out there.

Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 S5 Coupe Prestige with 12,000 miles per year are .00099 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • dmva1dmva1 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    Car Man

Do you have residuals and money factor for 2012 s5 cab premium plus. Leasing for 3 yrs 36k.

Thanks
    yup however they are saying the .00099 doesn't exist and is charging me .00149 plus $2578 in inceptions including first month, plus dealer/finance charges. BS I think as payment comes to 941 per month, too high
    I certainly do dmva1. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 S5 Cabriolet Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00086 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • ctchooeyctchooey Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car_man,

Greatly appreciate all your help in these forums. Can you please tell me the May money factor and residual % for a 2012 S5 premium plus coupe with 12,000 and 10,000 miles a year respectively?

Thanks1
    Thanks ctchooey and you're welcome. Here you go. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 S5 Premium Plus Coupe with 12,000 miles per year are .00081 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    that's a lot better than the month before, what are they willing to discount the car to?
  • coconcocon Member Posts: 154
    Hi Carman,
    Greatly appreciate all your help in these forums as well.Do you know if lease rates for RS5 are available yet since Audi released MSRP already?Let me know,thanks

Tony
    I wish I was more excited..... it was..."fun" but less than I expected... Anyway carman...what is the MF and residual on the new 2013 S5?

I realize that it is fresh but was quoted the following for a Premium plus 42 months lease 10K miles a year:
    - $1000 off MSRP of $59,695
    - 0.00195 (Seems VERY HIGH)
    - 56% residual
    - $2053 down
    - $785 per month plus tax

Any ideas - Just seems high to mee
  • ildarad0ildarad0 Member Posts: 24
    I have a question.......

I priced out BMW 6 Series 650i XDrive well equipped 87K sell price - $927 per month.

I also priced out Audi S5 Prestige quarto - 67K sell price - $978 per month.

So how is it two different class cars with 20K price difference coast the same amount per month?
    Hello,

I have a question.......

I priced out BMW 6 Series 650i XDrive well equipped 87K sell price - $927 per month.

I also priced out Audi S5 Prestige quarto - 67K sell price - $978 per month.

So how is it two different class cars with 20K price difference coast the same amount per month?
  • cashmandoocashmandoo Member Posts: 10
    Hi ildarad0, i am waiting to see what carman has to say about your above question, but I suspect its due to widely differing residual values calculated by Audi and BMW...

Do you mind me asking where you got a 650i Xdrive for that kind of sell price? I live in Ma, and they haven't come close to that number...

thanks,

Cashmandoo
    Thanks Tony. Yes, the lease program for this car is out. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RS5 Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey ZoneMobJ. I think that the .00195 money factor would be for a 48-month lease, but that the factor for a 42-month lease is a little lower.

Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2013 S5 Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00181 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ildarad0. BMW's residual values for the 6-Series are higher than Audi's residual values are for the S5. Chances are that this is the reason for most of the difference.

Car_man
    Host
  • coconcocon Member Posts: 154
    Thanks my friend.That sounds reasonable since I've been told from a dealer that their MF is .00249!! Do you know if the rates are same for all states or they varies by regions?Thanks
  • pcullen1pcullen1 Member Posts: 41
    Hey carman, do you have the June rates for a 2013 s5 premium plus at 12k miles. Do we know when the 2013 will be available at the dealers (west coast).

Thank you
    thank you for response. i got pricing from BMW of Manhattan
    edited June 2012
    Hello All and i really would appreciate if you guys and car man can help me out here.

I looked at Audi S5 Premium Plus with napa leather interior and every option they have in prestige package except adaptive head lights. its a very well packed car and drives amazing. however i have couple concerns.

Car is 2012 November. it has 264 miles, which tells me a lot of people draw this car for a test drive, may be......
    Sales person tells me that he is giving me a very good discount on the car and sells it for 60K. sticker price on this card is 62K. is this a good price for a car?
    I'm actually planing to lease it for 36 month, 10K and cost he is giving me $805 per month including tax. Is this a good price?
    Last question. they offered to lower monthly payment down to $714 if I make one payment of 28K for 36 month. Is there any issues with paying upfront (lets say i can afford it)

thank you!
    You're very welcome cocon. This is a national lease program that should not vary by region. I'm not surprised that the dealer is attempting to mark your factor up on this low volume vehicle, but you should definitely try to get them to use the buy rate if possible.

Car_man
    Host
    Wow there's lots of traffic in this discussion all of a sudden. That's a good thing ;).

Pcullen1, Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S5 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00161 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

If the 2013 models aren't at dealers yet, they should be soon.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello ildarad0. To me, a $2,000 discount doesn't seem like a very much to get off of a demo unit. I personally would want that much off of a brand new model, but I suppose that the S5 is a very low volume vehicle that dealers aren't anxious to discount.

If you do decide to lease, try to negotiate as low a selling price as possible and then have the dealer calculate the car's payment using its buy rate lease money factor of .00081 for a '12 S5 Coupe Premium Plus.

Car_man
    Host
    Car Man thank you.

Here are the numbers i got please tell me if this is a good deal?

36 month money factor is .00081
    10 K miles
    residual is 58%

one lump sum payment money factor is .00015
    10K miles
    residual is 58%

Also please tell me if paying up front is a good idea or not and why?

thank you again!
  • backroadbackroad Member Posts: 12
    If you pay up front, then a car crash toalling the car would be money lost I believe, whereas paying a little at a time abviates that risk.
  • 13s513s5 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    I'm brand new to leasing...and after reading these posts I can't help but think the "deal" offered to me by my dealer is horrendous. Please let me know what you think.

He did NOT give me the actual MF or residuals...

2013 S5 prestige, piano black inlay, dynamic mode, metallic paint, nappa leather.
    MSRP $62,190
    Trade in: $4,000
    42/months 12k/year
    Purchase option: $32,611

Payments:
    $1,000 down - $879.68
    $2,000 down - $854.25
    $3,000 down - $828.25

I really can't help but think I'm over paying at least $100/month...I'm I right or am I insane? I've heard of others playing the other dealer game of calling others and traveling...not sure how to do this...do I contact my hometown dealer and tell him I'm going to do it and see if he'll come down or call other dealers first?

Ideally I'd like to be at $760-$780/month for 36 months. Thanks in advance!!
  • fansvodkafansvodka Member Posts: 1
    Im new to leasing and really want the S5. Does this seem like a fair deal?

13k trade in all to down payment
    675$ a month
    36 months
    15k miles
    60,050 msrp
    Includes maintenance, taxes, title

I'll take any advice just want to make sure I'm not getting screwed
    Hi ildarad0. The numbers that you posted are correct. The exact amount of money that you save by pre-paying this lease will depend upon what its MSRP and selling price are. While it's a lot of money to lay out at one time, pre-paying a lease can be a good deal if you compare the savings on your payment with what you would earn on that money with the terrible interest rates that are out there right now. On a three-year CD you're probably going to only earn 1% to 1.5%. Chances are that you will make out better than that with the pre-paid lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi fansvodka. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Car Man,

you already gave most of the numbers for this month but could you provide the residual and money factor for a 42 month lease at 12k and 15k and for 36 month 15k miles. 2013 premium plus.

Thanks.
  • s5_inquirys5_inquiry Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking for the MF and residual for a 36 month/15k lease for a 2012 S5 Cabriolet Prestige and would appreciate your help. I'm also curious what I can expect off of MSRP or if there are any meaningful incentives out there. Lastly, does Audi offer the multiple security deposit program like BMW and some others? Believe it or not, you may be better off buying down your MF than keeping money in the bank these days. Thank you for your time and insight.
    Sure pcullen1. Through July 5th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 S5 Coupe Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00161 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00181 and 53%.

If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, these residual values would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Very appropriate username s5_inquiry :). Here's the information that you're inquiring about.

Through July 5th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 S5 Cabriolet Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00086 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The only cash incentive that I am aware of on leases of this car is $750 owner loyalty cash.

I personally am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the S5 right now, but I doubt that there's a ton of them sitting out there on dealer lots. If the supply is indeed low, it might hamper your ability to negotiate.

The last time that I checked, Audi Financial Services did offer a multiple security deposit option, it provided a .00008 money factor reduction for each extra deposit paid, up to a maximum of nine additional. You're not kidding about being better off making MSDs than putting money in the bank. Interest is nearly nonexistent today, even on CDs.

Car_man
    Host
  • s5_inquirys5_inquiry Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much for the feedback. I appreciate it.
    You're welcome s5_inquiry. Happy 4th of July :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • ipipip316ipipip316 Member Posts: 14
    Hi Car Man:

May I know the MF and Residual for 2013 S5 Premium Plus for 10K and 36 month with Audi Care?

And does the summer event apply to S5 as well?
    Thanks
    Greetings ipipip316. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S5 Coupe Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year and Audi Care are .00161 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The Summer Event payment waiver offer does not apply to any A5 models.

Car_man
    Host
  • dogofthunderdogofthunder Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car Man,

I'm currently looking at a 2013 S5 Prestige with 15K for 36 months, any idea as to the money factor and residual value? Appreciate the help.
    Hi dogofthunder. Sorry for the delay in my response, I have been away. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S5 Coupe Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00161 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • kulasokulaso Member Posts: 11
    Hi Car_man - What is the August MF and Residual for a 2012 Audi S5 Cabriolet? What is it for a 2013 model? I am interested in a 36 month for both 12K and 15K miles. Thanks!
    Here's the information that you're looking for kulaso.

Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S5 Cabriolet Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00136 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for a 2012 model are .00089 and 53%.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    CarMan,

Do you have the August rates for a 2013 S5 Premium plus with 10k miles for 36 and 42 months?

Also, I have several quotes that have a down payment that ranges from $1,000-$2500, any thoughts on why some are higher?

Thanks,
  • kulasokulaso Member Posts: 11
    Thanks Carman - I am in active discussions. It seems that I can get a 2012 at invoice. For the 2013 about 1000-1500 over invoice. When I run the numbers on an otherwise identical car I am paying about $30 per month premium for a 2013 which I think is worth it.
This discussion has been closed.