Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus CT 200h Lease Questions

13»

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Just get a loan...

What they don't tell you is that the purchase price is not necessarily all of your cost on a lease.. Each lease will have an acquisition fee. So, add another $1500 back on to your cost..

Some banks also levy additional fees when ending a lease early....

Seems like a dicey game to play with your money, when all you really want is to purchase the vehicles... In some states, the sales tax laws on leased vehicles would penalize this approach as well..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• lexusruslexusrus Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

Thanks for the reply and advice.

We decided to just "buy" instead of lease. The leasing route is good only if I want to keep the car for less than 24 months. Besides, I usually put on more than 10K miles a year.

Not to mention all that "fussy math" the dealer does initially, throughout, and then at the end of the "lease".

Thanks again.
  • lurkernomorelurkernomore Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    After years of lurking behind the scenes and utilizing this site for my past 3 leases, I've decided to pay my dues and post what I just got yesterday.

I'm in So Cal and I was looking for a 36 month lease, 12k miles, $1000 down payment deal on a CT200h with the premium package and navigation in fire agate pearl with caramel interior. I got a deal from one dealership for $350 a month with taxes for the aforementioned lease but it was for a black on black CT. After approaching another dealership that had the car in the color I wanted with the $350 deal on the table, they offered the car for $358 with taxes for their car. Ultimately, this is the deal I went with. The other dealer tried to counter with $340 with taxes but the color sold me.

I was told that it was the last day for their Golden Opportunity event and that with me signing at the 11th hour that I got the "best deal." I didn't do this intentionally, just happenstance, but I was told that they were desperate to sell this car before they had to report their numbers at 10pm (I signed the deal at 8:30pm). They said I did everything right by waiting but normally by doing this, the color selection is slim pickings but not for me. =) Not sure if people can still get the deals I mentioned but if anyone's interested, let me know and I'll post more information.

Edit: MSRP for my car was $37,593
  • ct200hownerct200howner Member Posts: 15
    You could of done way much better on the lease. They are practically giving the ct200's away. I got my deal with same msrp for 287 a month 27 months/15k per year plus $1404 OTD at pickup. I also recently got a check back from my dealer for 1 months overpayment on the lease. So now my deal ended up being $1117 OTD pickup instead of $1404.
  • rjdoc74rjdoc74 Member Posts: 16
    wow, ct200howner, could you share the details of your deal and possibly who you dealt with? I would snatch up a lease like that in a minute. Thanks!
  • supercelebsuperceleb Member Posts: 5
    I leased a 2013 CT base in SoCal with $0 at signing for $279 a month (tax inclusive) for 27 months, 10k miles a year. The dealership made the first payment and threw in lighted door sills, wheel locks and cargo net. I'm pretty happy with the deal.
  • new2leasing5new2leasing5 Member Posts: 3
    Hi superceleb, could you share with me or private message me the dealership and agent you worked with on this lease? I'm supposed to close tomorrow but this would be a deal breaker if I could speak with the person you secured the deal with- much appreciated!
    Hey new2leasing5...I worked with the 'internet manager' (as well as the 'internet sales director') at Santa Monica Lexus. I had a few quotes from other area dealerships and they matched the best quote I had. They were really great to work with and kept to their word. All of my contact with them was via email and I just signed the docs when I arrived at the dealership for pickup. It was a really seamless process.
    Thanks - this is super helpful! If you don't mind me asking, the dealer was asking if you had a grad or military discount, or some other discount that they applied for you? He's trying to look for a similar deal to get me the same numbers, but doesn't have your first/last initials to look up the info.
    Not a problem. No grad or military discount but there was some type of Lexus dealer cash/incentive that was included.
    Thanks superceleb! Unfortunately the money factor increased and the deal changed slightly, but I was able to get the same for $299 tax inclusive. I can't complain here either - they got me in and out within 1hr. I really appreciate your help - saved me $2000 in the long run!
    Sure! Glad you were able to work out a deal. The internet team at SaMo Lexus really seems to have it together. It definitely simplifies the process when you can work out the numbers beforehand.
  • rocketman27rocketman27 Member Posts: 7
    CarMan, what is the October money factor and residual for 15K miles/year 27mo and 36mo lease for the Lexus CT200 in Kansas City, MO? Further, are there any lease incentives for October? Thanks.
    2013 CT200h 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00080 MF and 57% residual... $1750 lease cash.. 27 mo. residual is 65%

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• drive4fun1drive4fun1 Member Posts: 1
    I was not able to get such good deals yet, santa monica lexus offered 319$ + tax, zero down.

Looking for 299 tax included then I ll join the ct200 family.

Does it differ every month for lease or the dealer is just bs-ing about next month being different deals ?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,056
    The programs can vary from month to month - that is the prerogative of the manufacturer.

Almost all of the lease offers are exclusive of tax, even the $299/mo offer on the CT200h from Lexus. That's because every state (county, city, etc.) has a different tax rate around the country. And, some states tax (Illinois comes to mind) the entire transaction price of the vehicle, rather than just the depreciated amount.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• flaweddogflaweddog Member Posts: 2
    For the first time in years I am looking at leasing. Reading this thread and going to the dealership today I am quickly reminded why I stopped leasing. It feels a lot like a shell game.

I am in Northern VA and the deal on the table is:

Nav
    Premium w Nav
    Seat comfort

List $37,258
    Discount $1,300
    Processing Fee $399
    Subtotal $35,958
    Taxes $2,617
    Tag Fee $65.50
    Total $29,040.20

Due on Delivery $1,798
    27 mos @ $370

Thanks in advance for any help
  • flaweddogflaweddog Member Posts: 2
    Just noticed total is wrong

$39,040.20 not $29,040.

Sorry for confusion
  • dukenkiudukenkiu Member Posts: 1
    Looking to pull the trigger this week or next
    What do you guys think
    Best offer so far
    Msrp $38,5xx
    Residual $26,1xx
    Lease term 27 months @ $299 (tax included)
    Drive off $1300
  • needacar27needacar27 Member Posts: 3

Can someone kindly provide 36 months/10k numbers for a CT200h F Sport? I was given numbers by one dealer and another is telling me they're all wrong...

@needacar27 said:
    Can someone kindly provide 36 months/10k numbers for a CT200h F Sport? I was given numbers by one dealer and another is telling me they're all wrong...

2013 CT200h 36mo, 10K/yr lease
    .00060 MF and 60% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• badb0ybillbadb0ybill Member Posts: 1

Hi, hope to get an opinion before I sign today. Haven't got an exact MF yet but so far does this appear to be a good deal at all?

2013 CT200h F Sport

27/10k

MSRP ~38k

26K Residual

0 Money down, taxes, license etc.. included

$430 / mo

• superveloussupervelous Member Posts: 1

Good Deal? Just agreed to the following:

2013 CT200H, Nav, Premium Sound, Seat Comfort, Wheel Locks, Cargo Mat, Cargo Net, Rear Bumper App. - MSRP $37,500

68% Residual
    money factor 0.0006
    27/10k
    $1,300 down
    $226/month

I actually was offered $1,000 down $220/mo from another dealer and turned it down, because it was about an hour and a half each way, he rubbed me the wrong way during negotiations, and dealership I went with is near me.

Dealership we went with initially offered my girlfriend (her car, I just helped) $2,048 down, $325/mo for the same car.

That's a cheap lease. Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• zoranzoran Member Posts: 69

I am looking for $199, no down, is it still possible? sfo bay area

• creatrecreatre Member Posts: 16

Also looking for residual and money factor's for Jan/Feb (when they come out).

What's the best way to get a good lease on this car? Shoot for a more packaged out car, with a bigger discount to get higher residual? Or shoot for more of a base model with less off MSRP?

I'm looking for something below $250/mo before taxes and little to no down.

2013 CT200h has a MF of .00060 and a residual of 66% on a 27mo, 10K/yr lease. They advertise a model with an MSRP of about 33,800 for $309/mo, with ZERO due at signing in that configuration.

Since Lexus is providing $3500 on the lease, the lower the MSRP and the shorter the term, gives you more bang for the buck.

You could probably negotiate that a little lower, but probably not enough to get to $250/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for the great info. Talking pricing only: With the 2014 out very soon, should I go ahead and grab a closeout 2013 to try to get extra negotiation wiggle room? Will the 2014 have worse/better residuals and/or lexus lease incentives?

I would expect the 2014 model to be more expensive to lease. But, I can't predict the future.. ;-

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Local dealer had the car i wanted today so I checked i out. Was able to negotiate 35,4xx msrp to 28,8xx at 65% residual. They were only able to do .0014 as their best money factor. Is that a GA only thing? Would SC, NC, TN or FL do .0006? That was adding about $50 to the lease payments which I didnt want.

This is just a guess... but, they were probably marking up the money factor for extra profit. As you noted, that adds about $1350 to your deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Apparently the $3500 rebate ends Monday. Is that true? Will the $1750 rebate continue then or will we not find out until after the fact?

The program does end on Monday.. Will it be extended? That's hard to say. It is a 2013 model, so at some point, Lexus will just cash out incentives to the dealer, and the dealer will just have to get as much as they can for the car. If you are a purchaser, that might not make much difference to you, but as a leaser, losing the special program will be a killer... It could be extended, but there is no guarantee..

In addition to the $3500, they are also covering the 1st payment, so there is that, as well....

You could always counter offer.. Now that you know the moving parts, you can just say, "You are $50/mo. too high... bring it down, and we have a deal". The Monday deadline weighs on them, as well.... If the lease deals go away, they'll have a lot harder time moving a 2013 model.

(This doesn't always work... Lexus dealers like to act like they are above bargaining..lol)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited January 2014

Thanks for all the advice, I picked up my CT today. Finally found a dealer willing to do .0006 and knock a solid amount of their profits off on the car itself since it was the last day of the month.

I left all my info downstairs, but ended up with exactly $300/mo for 27mo/10k on a $35,5xx car (premium package + heated seats package + cargo net/wheel locks accessory package). I had to cover $1500 in negative equity on my trade when I thought I was gonna break even. Had to really negotiate it even to $1500. Did the negative, half down, half rolled into the payments. Otherwise I could have gotten around the $250 I originally figured. This is with the only $300 flat rate taxes in South Carolina which helps.

Great car so far, averaged 47.5 mpg on my 30 mile drive home. Thanks again!!

Sounds like you did really well. If I lived in SC, I would be a car trading fool!

Congrats on the new car!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• lexusguy23lexusguy23 Member Posts: 80

Hi kyfdx,

I spoke to a local dealer in the Dallas, TX area and they have a few 2041 CTs in route, expecting them to be on their floor early to mid next week.

Any news on the RV or money factor for the 2014 models?

I just signed up, but all of your posts have already been a great help.

Thanks

To clarify, looking to lease for 36 months - 12k or 15k miles per year.

@lexusguy23 said:
    Hi kyfdx,

I spoke to a local dealer in the Dallas, TX area and they have a few 2041 CTs in route, expecting them to be on their floor early to mid next week.

Any news on the RV or money factor for the 2014 models?

I just signed up, but all of your posts have already been a great help.

Thanks

I don't have any info on the 2014 CT200h leases.. Still super-cheap deals on the leftover 2013 models, though.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hi kyfdx,

I have an offer on the table from a local Lexus dealership for a 2013 CT200h. What do you think?

2013 CT 200H - White with black interior
    MSRP: $39,293
    Sell Price: $32,000 (including Lexus lease incentive) + TTL
    First month payment covered by Lexus
    36 month lease, 15k miles per year
    55 percent residual, 0.0006 MF

I went in asking for $31,000 + TTL. Also have an outstanding offer with another local Lexus dealership, so I'm hopingI have some wiggle room.

Thanks!

Also, the dealership is calculating the above out to a $403 monthly payment. Does that sound right with the standard fees tacked on?

Without anything tacked on, it's $321/mo. Not sure what state or what your tax rate is.. but, looks to be some padding in there somewhere..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited February 2014
    Thanks. I'm in Texas. Does that help?

Well.. Texas taxes the entire selling price of the car, which would be an easy $50/mo., so that explains a lot of the difference.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

That makes sense. Thanks kyfdx!

Still haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'll check back in with what I ended up at if I do.

Kyfdx, can you provide the current MF and residual for the 2013 CT for 27 and 36 months, for 15k miles? I'm in TX.. Thanks!

.00060 MF for either term. 63% residual for 27mo, 15K/yr lease. I'm not sure of the 36 mo. residual, as I don't have the full grid.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    .00060 MF for either term. 63% residual for 27mo, 15K/yr lease. I'm not sure of the 36 mo. residual, as I don't have the full grid.

KYFDX, thank you so much for your help over the past few weeks as I've been shopping around for a lease. I wanted to make sure and come back to let you know the outcome. I purchased a 2013 CT yesterday in Texas and I think I got a pretty sweet deal. I would have had no idea what numbers to be expecting if you weren't so responsive to all of the requests you get on the forums. Here's the details.

2013 Lexus CT 200H (3 miles on the odometer)

• Black exterior, black interior

• F-Sport Package

• HDD Navigation Package

• Premium Audio Package

• Illuminate Door Sills

• Intuitive Parking Assist

• Seat Comfort Package

• Cargo Net

MSRP: $39,323

Sale Price: $31,100 (after $3500 Lexus rebate)

Money Factor: 0.0006

Terms: 36 months, 15k miles per year

Residual: 55%

I traded in my 2012 Mazda, which I got 14k for. Local Mazda dealers were offering 13k, so I was ecstatic to get more for it at Lexus. Took a little bit of back and forth.. but eventually I got the number I wanted.

I walked away with ZERO down, first month payment free, a $2000 check from my trade-in equity and the monthly payment came out to $349. Interestingly, the 27 month lease was actually about $18 cheaper, but my wife really loves the car and wants to stay in it for 36 months.

What do you think about the deal?

Thanks again!!

If you are happy with the +$2K from your trade-in, then all is good. $349/mo. is cheap for a $39K MSRP vehicle (or a $31K vehicle, for that matter).

I really like that model... Over 40 mpg won't hurt, either...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• robbiegrobbieg Member Posts: 346

Any other super cheap lease deals on other cars out there? Not sure if it was last year or the year before but the FX lease was super cheap. Is their a thread that lists the best lease deals right now.

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145

Please continue in our 2014 Lexus CT 200h Lease Questions discussion.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.