Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Leaf Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
Ask your Leaf lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• atrajanatrajan Member Posts: 27
    carman!!!
    Do u have the current MF and residual for Nissan Leaf in Northern California ?

thank you.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi atrajan. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Leaf SL with 15,000 miles per year are .00071 and 45%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • longhorn5longhorn5 Member Posts: 6
    Can you please tell me the current money factor and residual value for Nissan Leaf (39 months) in Texas? I am in Austin.
  • canhatip1canhatip1 Member Posts: 1
    Just got into a lease with 2012 Leaf SL, I paid $1,999 down + $219 (for 36 months @ 12k miles annually)

Dealer kind of thought it was stupid that I wanted 36 months instead of 24 (would have been exact same deal, but just 2 years) but I hoped the battery will last 3 years in Seattle weather.

Can anyone share their recent lease deals? Trying to understand if I had a good deal...
  • afriedmaafriedma Member Posts: 1
    canhatip1, I just leased a 2012 SL for $5,000 down and $69/month for 24 months @ 12K miles/year. That is just about exactly the same annual cost ($3,300) as you, so I think we both got a good deal. My rule of thumb is if you can get a lease (or purchase) for the amount listed in newspaper ads, you have probably got a good deal, as it has been my experience that usually advertised prices are 'come-ons' that don't really exist.
  • jebjjebj Member Posts: 11
    I'm considering leasing a new Leaf, but I swear I cannot find two lease calculators (or two humans) that produce the same results from the same starting variables. Heck, even two salesman from the same dealership came up with two different figures. I think part of the problem is figuring what value gets taxed. Another (for me) is what the residual percentage is taken of (is it MSRP as I think, or is it sale price or something else?). Maybe I can crowdsource the right answer here. Thanks for any input. Here are the variables given to me by the dealership:

MSRP: $38,270
    Sale Price: $36,478 (that's for lease, for sale they're offering $32,900, or $31,900 at a different nearby dealership. Should there really be such a large discrepancy between "sale price" for lease and for purchase? They claim the difference is due to different incentives for leasing Vs. buying, which sounds plausible)
    Govt Fees: $110
    Proc/Doc Fees: $187.45
    Capitalized Taxes: $1,741.37 (based on 39month lease I think - the other fellow came up with $1,078 in this field but later claimed that this was the correct number - I cannot reconstruct how they got this number.)
    Acquisition Fee: $595
    Gross Cap Cost: $38,814.37
    Rebate: $8,025 (mostly the $7,500 tax credit for an electric vehicle)
    Cash Down: $3000
    Net Cap Cost: $28,377.82

Residuals: 24month: 56%, 36month: 48%, 39month: 47%
    Money Factor: 0.00053 (this is not on the form, anywhere, but told to me on the phone - it seems remarkably low ~1.27%)

The tax rate here is 8% (NY state)

So what do you come up with for a 39month lease (or 36 or 24 if you like) and how do you get it? Thanks so much.

-J
  • leepoffaithleepoffaith Member Posts: 38
    Does anyone have the February lease residual and money factors for 24 and 36 month lease with 12k miles? Thanks!
    Here you go leepoffaith. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Leaf S with 12,000 miles per year are .00168 and 62%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00168 and 49%.

Car_man
    Host
  • windsurferkwindsurferk Member Posts: 5
    I'm looking for these numbers for a 36 Mo Lease with 15K mi/year
    Here you go windsurferk. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Leaf S (this varies by trim level) with 15,000 miles per year are .00168 and 48% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • contract_buildcontract_build Member Posts: 26
    edited April 2013
    Not sure if this is from Toyota or a special from the site I found while browsing offers there.

http://www.carsdirect.com/build/options?zipcode=91784&acode=USC30NIC161A0

Brings sale price shown on the site to $20606 (I'm sure capitalized cost is more: acq, doc fee, etc.). Maybe someone can use this roughly 33% off msrp.
    Hi contract_build. The government is providing a $7,500 credit on purchase of plug-in electric vehicles. Most banks that lease them pass this cash incentive on to lessees.

Car_man
    Host
  • ba_musketba_musket Member Posts: 28
    I am looking to lease a 2013 Nissan Leaf, and have no idea where to begin. I have never leased a car before. I saw this ad at Nissan Sunnyvale (Bay Area CA) and wondering if it's any good.
    It's a one-at-this-price kind of deal listed on their website:http://www.nissansunnyvale.com/specials/new.htm

2013 Nissan LEAF S
    24 MONTH LEASE
    $89/month +tax
    On approved credit. Lease for $89 per month plus tax for 24 months. $2,999 due at signing plus $0 security deposit. 12,000 miles per year, $0.15 per mile thereafter

2013 Nissan LEAF SV
    24 MONTH LEASE
    $129/month plus tax
    On approved credit. Lease for $129 per month plus tax for 24 months. $2,999 due at signing plus $0 security deposit. 12,000 miles per year, $0.15 per mile thereafter.

Appreciate any comment or pointers in getting a lease
  • ethandethand Member Posts: 40
    The lease on my 2010 Honda Civic ends next month, at which point I want to lease a Nissan Leaf. I had it inspected today prior to lease end and the report total for repairs is under the $1,500 excessive wear-and-use allowance.

My questions are:

1. Can I return the Civic to a Nissan dealer?

2. If so, can I incorporate any collateral value from the Civic to lower the invoice price of the Leaf? I've done some research on its resale value, which is higher than the payoff amount.
  • shoulderhawkshoulderhawk Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,
    Can you share the MF & residuals for both a SV & SL with 12K miles for 24 months & 36 months?

Thank you in advance!
  • ethandethand Member Posts: 40
    It doesn't appear that the moderators are still active... ?
  • warriors22warriors22 Member Posts: 3
    Car man,

I would like to lease a Leaf SL MSRP 37270 INcludes destination
    couple of questions

1- what is the 36 month lease residual % 12k miles
    2- there is a 7500 federal tax credit I read somewhere the dealer takes that on the lease
    3- so if i get invoice say 34721 i then subtract the 7500 to come up with my cap cost
    4-also Can you confirm there is no sales tax on EV in Washington state so my monthly payment I don't have to worry about asking for tax in

Thanks for your help
  • xando05xando05 Member Posts: 42
    I was told by my unscrupulous Nissan Dealer in January 2012 that I cannot lease a Nissan LEAF for less than 15,000 miles per year. Was this or is this true?