Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2005 Chevrolet Equinox Computer problems, Please Help!!

luzgonzaleluzgonzale Member Posts: 1
This is the Scenario: (English is my sencond language, in case you see any typos, please excuse!), When I tried to turn on my car, it wont start, I thouht i Left the lights on, and that the batteries died. I called triple AAA for a jump. After the jump, I tried to drive my car, I drove the car for maybe 15 minutes, and the car shut down again. called the mechanic, and he told me that it was the batteries, got new batteries, but still the same problem, then we thought it was the alternator, we replaced it, still the same problem, then the car started smelling very bad, like something burned, The fussills (don't know how to spell that) were burned.

The thing is that after replacing everythin now the mechanic is telling me that the computer has to be replace, somehow he said that the computer got damage, and now I don't know what to do. I don't have any type of warranty. What do you guys suggest. I can't just keep on replacing things.

The help will be greatly appreciated. !!!

Luz Gonzalez

Comments

• Options
    jpfjpf Member Posts: 496
    You need a mechanic that specializes in electrical to examine your vehicle. Sounds like you got some kind of short somewhere. Good luck.
  • Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Luz,

I’m sorry that you’ve had such difficulty getting this concern resolved. Have you been working with a GM mechanic? If Customer Assistance can help you work with your dealer towards resolving this, please email Christina with your name, contact information, VIN, and dealer name.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Options
    clebo1clebo1 Member Posts: 78
    CHEVY EQUINOXES ARE PIECE OF JUNK, PLEASE DON'T CALL CHEVY CAC 1T 1-800-222-1020 AS THEY ARE NO HLEP I HAVE 100-E MAILS AND OVER 7 PHONE CALLS TO THIS DEPARTMENT TO PROVE IT.TAKE MY ADVISE GET RID OF THAT LEMON ,ALSO TRAVERSE 2008-2012 ARE PROBLEM VEHICLEVEHICLE ,APERSON HERE AT NEWTON WELLESLY TRADED IN THEIR ACADIA FOR THIS JUNK,HEALD PROBLEM AFYTRE 420 MILES.MY PAINT IS PEELING AND CHEVY CAN'T TELL ME WHY AROUND THE WHEEL WELLS.I HAD HAD 6 SETS OF ROTORS,3 SETS OF SWAY BAR LINK.MY INSIDE LIGHT ARE BEGINNING TO GO OUT ONE AT A TIME.
    CLEVELAND WARD BOSTON MASS.