Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2012 Buick LaCrosse E-Assist

marpiwillmarpiwill Member Posts: 5
Considering the purchase of a 2012 Buick LaCrosse with E-Assist. Every option available for a V6 is available for this car except the push button start and EZ Access! Why would Buick leave out such a basic convenience? Nicely configured E-Assist vehicles seem to be in short supply!

Comments

• Options
    emb140emb140 Member Posts: 2
    Seeking real world MPG numbers on this vehicle.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    You might check in the LaCrosse Real-World MPG discussion.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    lddjrlddjr Member Posts: 2
    My first 2,359 miles were suburban driving, and I average 23.8 mpg. Yesterday I took a 755 mile trip @ speed limit + 10 mph and average 29.4 mpg. I'm curious as to what my mileage would be at 70 mph.
  • Options
    mark_wnymark_wny Member Posts: 70
    Don't mean to be rude but am just wondering if 4 cylinders plus eAssist has what it takes to move a car as heavy as the LaCrosse. I mean accelerating from a stop, going up long hills, getting it done in cut & thrust thruway passing.
  • Options
    dodgeman07dodgeman07 Member Posts: 574
    I drive a 2011 Lacrosse with the 4-cyl (No e-assist) that is the same engine used in the 2012 e-assist minus the electric motor. It has plenty of power for me. I do not drive at higher elevations or fully loaded though. My typical driving is at 400 to 1000 feet above sea level (Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin) with a 400lb payload.

An owner who regularly drives at higher elevations and/or carries 3-4 people + cargo would be better served by the V6. The 2.4L DI engine in my car is a quick revver that will spin past 4,000rpm very quickly and makes good power while doing it. It has never felt under-powered to me. It does generate 182HP at 6,000rpm and has a 7,000rpm redline, delivers 23-24mpg in mixed driving, and is installed in very nice car with a smooth shifting 6-speed automatic transmission. ;)
  • Options
    mark_wnymark_wny Member Posts: 70
    thanks for the feedback!
  • Options
    lddjrlddjr Member Posts: 2
    I have discovered that I miscalculated my mileage on the 755 mile trip. It was actually 32.2 mpg... and then 33.3 mpg on my return trip. Not too shabby for 10 mph over the posted speed limit.
  • Options
    td77td77 Member Posts: 3
    Hello, after 100 miles on a new Eassist the vehicles charging system drained, resulting in a service engine soon light as well as a battery charging light. Vehicle made it back to dealer but shut down its eassist functionality. Dealer claims a full battery recharge should do the trick. we'll see....
    :confuse:
  • Options
    gmretired1gmretired1 Member Posts: 1
    My experience at 4800 miles is 18 to 20 mpg in mixed city and and highway driving and 24 to 28 on the highway. Experience is about 5 to 7 mpg less than window sticker if drive in econ mode and staying in green zone. Difference in DIC and actual is DIC overstates actual by .5 to 1.5 MPG. This is less than the Lexus and Camry V6 mileage. Lexus and Camry yield sticker mpg plus.

Buick could put in Toyota's 4 cyl conventional engines and increase mileage and not have to have loss of trunk room and hard downshifts.

Most people I have talked to with the eAssist are disappointed in fuel economy. Buick field engineers had my car for two days and said everything checked out OK. Over $1000 warranty and roadside assistance so far. None of my Lexus or Camrys ever had any warranty.
  • Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    edited July 2012
    >my Lexus or Camrys ever had any warranty.

I thought they had a minimal warranty of 36000 miles since they are perfect.

May I suggest you go buy a toyota camry or lexus model, whatever floats your boat. And if you name means you actually worked for GM, I suggest respectfully you ask toyota for retirement checks and your social security and medicare.

All you have to do is trade your Buick and you're done. End of file.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,926
    My experience at 4800 miles is 18 to 20 mpg in mixed city and and highway driving and 24 to 28 on the highway

Odd, my 2012 w/V6 is around those numbers.

There was mention on another forum of a poster who was getting lower than normal E-assist mileage, but then also many reports of upper 30s on the highway.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    crankeeecrankeee Member Posts: 298
    edited July 2012
    We have a 2010 CXL with the 3.0L V-6 initially offered in Lacrosse, but only for 2010, after the I-4 was programmed to allow for e-assist with the 3.6L V-6 being an exta option. The 3.0L was used in some Cadillac models and achieved very good MPG. We get 18-20 in city and 29-30 max at 65-70 MPH with two adults luggage and full loads of crap for the grandkids on regular fuel - not premium like many riceburners. For a VERY heavy car that is great on the road we are not unhappy with the MPG at all. We opted to avoid the nav, sunroof, 19" wheels and AWD that added $ and complexity. The midpriced CXL had the leather electric seats that we wanted and the other options are very friendly. Great car so far.
  • Options
    gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    We're glad to hear that you are so pleased with your CXL! Wishing you many more happy miles!
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Options
    gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Good afternoon td77,

Were you and your dealership able to work out a resolution on your LaCrosse since your last post?

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Options
    td77td77 Member Posts: 3
    so far so good.
  • Options
    dodgeman07dodgeman07 Member Posts: 574
    There is something wrong with your eAssist unless you drive VERY aggressively. I have a 2011 Lacrosse with the 2.4 DI engine (no eAssist) and average 24mpg (tracked at 23.9 over 11,000 miles on fuelly.com). I drive pretty hard. These engines need to rev to make power and I spend a great deal of time between 2,500 and 3,500 rpms in city driving and drive 70 to 74 mph on the highway.

I get 20mpg city and 29 hwy with ease.