Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2012 Hyundai Sonata

2»

Comments

• rdillierrdillier Member Posts: 71
    I also have a 2012 Sonata GLS (American) with the preferred package. I've not had any visibility problems with the screen during normal daylight hours. I HAVE had problems connecting the Bluetooth. Dealer is replacing the head unit (I assume that means the radio guts, etc.) today, so we'll see. Other than that, I love the car -- my first brand new one in 49 years of driving.
  • crankeeecrankeee Member Posts: 298
    We really love our 2012 GLS with PEP also. My old Mortorola Krzr paired with the bluetooth on the car w/o any problem. It will NOT download the contact list due to outdated software and update no longer available at Verizon due to age of phone. Next stop is an Iphone so no problem for now.
    Beautiful high value car. Great road car IMO with 33 MPG @ 80 and 37.5 MPG at 65-70.
    Got the new audio installed in the Sonata, and it paired with the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx phone, but, like you, I can't download contacts. I don't understand. This phone is supposed the be the newest, bestest thing on the Android market and it's not that old. Guess the car goes back to Hyundai dealer to see what those guys can do.
  • crankeeecrankeee Member Posts: 298
    The pairing told me the car was OK and the software in the phone was the problem. Spouse has a new Samsung phone that is not "smartphone" but that paired and downloaded right away. The old moto Krzr I have has outdated software so not downloading not the cars fault IMO. Another point, I just use the dial command in lieu of call and Bluetooth works fine with my phone in the car. As I age I am attempting to unsweat the little stuff and save powder for the bigger important issues. Enjoy the car.
  • tenpin288tenpin288 Member Posts: 804
    Do you know what Android version is on your phone? Gingerbread (Android 2.3 I believe) or Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4)? If you are on 2.x, you might want to wait for a week or so. ICS is just starting to roll out to Razr and Razr Maxx phones and believe me, it is a HUGE improvement! It just might solve your problem.
    Thanks for all the help on hooking up my Motorola Droid Razr Maxx to the Sonata's Bluetooth. Tenpin, like you, the older I get, the less inclined I am to sweat small stuff. The car is wonderful except for that, and I intend to keep it until the wheels fall off. I'll also wait a week before seeking help at the dealer in case the new software helps.
  • rysterryster Member Posts: 571
    Make sure you also give your phone permission to download the contacts. When I got my Andriod phone, I also noticed that the contacts were not transferring to the car. Then one day I looked at the screen on the phone, and a notification was asking for permission to download contacts. I told the phone it was OK, and it has been fine ever since.
  • largo3largo3 Member Posts: 4
    Do the sideview mirrors on the new 2012 and 2013 Sonatas fold? If I take it thru a car wash can I fold them in to avoid damage?
  • rysterryster Member Posts: 571
    Yes, the sideview mirrors fold up and in (manually). There is a touchless car wash that I use sometimes that suggests folding the mirrors, so I get out and fold the mirrors before driving into the bay.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter is looking to talk with anyone in the market right now for a new midsize car. If you fit this description and you’d like to talk with the reporter, please reach out to PR@edmunds.com with your preferred daytime contact info by the end of the day Friday, August 17, 2012.
  • kyrptokyrpto Member Posts: 216
    The hybrid mirrors do not fold.