Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Corolla Remote Starter Cause Headlight Problem

spariverspariver Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Toyota
I just had a Toyota VIP Remote Engine Starter installed on y 2010 Corolla LE. After the starter setup/installation is completed, low/head headlights and dashboard light stopped working. All other indicator lights work on the dashboard.

Remote starter works as well as all the other lights and parts of the car, but not the head lights and the dashboard light.

We checked the relays, fuses and lamps.

I'll be glad if anyone make a suggestion.

Comments

• arabexprtarabexprt Member Posts: 1
    Check the wiring connection by the last MOD you made to it,
    Could be saprated Connection.

Wiring Connection missing somewhere??????
  • robirdrobird Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2010 Toyota Corolla and we are already having problems with it starting!? My parents have one also and it has the same problem. First we thought it was the battery, but it says that it is charged when we check it, so now we are thinking it is the starter! We have to carry jumper cables just in case!

IT acts like it is dead but if you pump it a bunch of times, it will varoom to a start!...So does anyone else have this problem? Is it the battery or the starter?
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    Still under the 3 year/36k mile full warranty, or 5 year, 60k powertrain?

Pump it? Please describe more. Does it just click when you turn the key, and then keep trying until the starter motor actually works, or ????

Doesn't sound like battery, but need more details.
  • terceltomterceltom Member Posts: 1,024
    Remote starters don't have a key, they have a little remote that allows you to start the car from a distance.
  • powerhouse2powerhouse2 Member Posts: 1
    Your problem most likely is not the battery or the starter, instead it is most likely the negative ground from the battery that is connected to the car frame. Where the negative ground connects to the frame of the car, Toyota never removed the paint to make a good connection. There is also another ground lead next to this one that goes to the engine. Over time these connections corrode and could be suspect. You can take the bolt out of both pads and bolt them together using one connecton point to the frame. Be sure to bolt them to the frame after cleaning the paint off the frame. Just a poor design by Toyota.