Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Can't decide

cupcake617cupcake617 Member Posts: 1
I'm considering a 2005 Toyota Sienna vs a 2010 Kia Sedona. The Toyota has nearly 60k miles the Sedona has just 30K with a 60,000 mile warranty. I'm struggling to decide between these two. The extended warranty would be nice but Kia doesn't the reliability Toyota has shown. Any suggestions ? I'm looking to spend no more then 15-16,000

Comments

• bethym99bethym99 Member Posts: 2
    I can't offer much except a big ME TOO!! We are leaning heavily to the Sedona for simple age reasons - We'll be taking out a loan and I don't want the car to be 12 years old and still paying on it. I've driven a Chrysler T&C for 10 years - I think I'll be 'happier' in the Kia from a feature perspective. All the awful reviews I've seen on the sedona *seem* to be on older models than the '10/'11. Good luck with your decision! I hope someone weighs in that can help us decide!
  • onefunkaronefunkar Member Posts: 113
    id go with the sadona. 2010 vs 2005 and half the miles. seems like a no brainer and im not so sure that kia would have less reliability. kia/hyundai have proven to be excellent vehicle lately.
  • bobstl40bobstl40 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2010 Sienna, has been a great car. I would never buy a Kia again. I had a Sorento and Kia's are maintenance hungry nightmares. They magically find something every time to charge you for just to keep their suppose to be 100,000 mile warranty. I have 40,000 and the only issue i have ever had is a short in my trailer harness. Oil changes,brakes,tires. Thats it. Great gas mileage. I upgraded my radio to a non factory radio.
  • bethym99bethym99 Member Posts: 2
    I ran across a perfect 2010 and so we went for it -- I am the proud owner of a Sedona. It's in great shape and is 'certified' which I highly recommend. Kia does not transfer the 100,000 powertrain after the first owner UNLESS the used vehicle is Kia Certified. It's worth looking for, if you find one for sale at a Kia dealer that isn't certified ask them if it's eligible for the certification program. I had a dealer who was willing to certify one to 'earn my business' although they didn't have the one I wanted. Best wishes in your search for the new van!
  • onefunkaronefunkar Member Posts: 113
    i dont think kia s are maintenance hungry maybe just that particular dealer you went to. with all of the maintenance companies out there today selling dealers programs to up there service income any dealership shop can recommend alot of unnecessary things not just kias.
  • snkbitsnkbit Member Posts: 2
    BEWARE of a Sienna. The power sliding doors have a bad problem and the fix is $1900 a door. There are thousands that have this and Toyota has refused a recall!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If you finally replaced an old car, please email pr@edmunds.com to share your story with a reporter.