Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

fan and heater issues

igloo2igloo2 Member Posts: 1
I have a 1997 bonneville and the fan doesn't normally work. But we hooked the fan up to a hot wire and the fan works so it's not the motor. When we have it hooked up to work, we can't change the blowing speed, turn it off, and the temp doesn't change. any idea what the problem is.

Comments

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    What kind of HVAC do you have? Is it automatic with digital readout and a temp control on the passengerside?

The resistor unit or the electronic blower control module both are in the same place above the blower motor on top of the air passage the blower forces the air through for cooling. It's below the relay center. The relay center has two screws holding it and it can be moved up some on the slack in the wires to make it easier to get out the resistor or blower control module.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    mrpiercemrpierce Member Posts: 2
    i Have a 1989 gmc s15, it runs great, but when you turn the heater on, it runs rough, unless its in park, then it's ok, but if you turn the heater on and try to go down the road, it's like it's running out of gas, and jumps and acts up, will not idle in gear with the heat on, only in park, i need some help bad, as it's my only transportation for my child