Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP Misses

keyman4keyman4 Member Posts: 4
I have a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP and when driving, the car the engine sometimes pauses for about 1 second causing lights to flicker and the check engine light goes on then off. After that the car appears to run normal until the next time it happens. Sometimes it doesn’t happen for 20 miles but other times, it will occur 5 miles apart. Computer does not store any error codes.

Comments

• Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    keyman4,
    Thank you for taking the time to post your experiences. Have you spoke with a dealer yet about this concern? If not, I would recommend starting there. If the vehicle isn't storing codes you could handle it a few different ways. You could ask the service manager to keep the vehicle and drive it so he can experience what you are, you could take a technician with you for a ride and point out exactly what you are referring to, or you could also ask them to put a recorder in your vehicle to help diagnosis the vehicle. Please feel free to email me directly (include VIN and current mileage). Any updates on your progress are appreciated.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • Options
    Yes, I had the car to the dealer and while they did experience the problem while driving it, they could not pin point the problem. Originally I took it to a priviate repair shop and when they couldn't diagnose the problem I then took it to a GM dealer. Car has approx 51,000 miles and the VIN is 2G2WC58C861180391. The dealer suggested waiting until the problem gets worse then bring it back. Within the last few weeks it has been happening more.
  • Options
    Latest update on this is that I now notice that it also happens at times when the engine is running at an idle. Is it possible that it could maybe be tied to the fuel pump or fuel filter?
  • Options
    I finally got a resolution to this problem. The problem was getting worse, so I returned to the dealer. The problem turned out to be a short in the fuse block under the hood. When the mechanic put his hand on it and moved it, it caused the symptom to happen. Consequently, they replaced the fuse block and now the problem is resolved.