Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

1999, Need larger mirrors

starobinstarobin Member Posts: 6
Hi there, where and what models, brands of all mirrors can be compatible with my forester 1999 ? I find my side mirrors and rear view mirror too small. Is there any way I can get larger rear view mirror and side mirrors( may be from newer foresters? may be they are larger? ) , any help please, thanks

Comments

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,788
    I am not sure about the rearview, but the side mirrors are definitely larger on the '09+ Foresters. Whether or not they are compatible, I have no idea.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • aathertonaatherton Member Posts: 617
    "... forester 1999... I find my side mirrors and rear view mirror too small. Is there any way I can get larger rear view mirror and side mirrors..."

The premium packages at least up through 2008 had much larger mirrors than the plain X model. I would look in a junkyard for a Forester of your body style (SF? - 1998-2002?) with the upscale package having larger mirrors.

Larger mirrors was one reason I got my 2008 LL Bean - the plain mirrors were ratholes.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    In 99, they had the L (small side mirrors) and S models (large), so just look for an S model in a junk yard and swap them out.

The mirrors on the S were also heated, though I'm not sure it would work since your L does not have the switches for that.