Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Replacing my OEM tires

easypareasypar Member Posts: 191
My 2010 Legacy has about 44,000 miles and even though the tires look to still have substantial tread, I've got a good amount of skiinig ahead of my. I'm looking for some recommendations on replacements.

I've read a few posts criticizing the original Turanzas, but I haven't had any complaints and have spent a fair amount of time in the mountain snow the last two winters.

I don't really care which year your Subie is, I'm just looking for some good recs.

Thanks in advance.

easypar

Comments

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,762
    Are you looking for all-season rubber?
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • easypareasypar Member Posts: 191
    Yes, all-season.
  • grahampetersgrahampeters Member Posts: 1,786
    G'day

Take a good look at Yokohama Geolanders. I ran them on my SUbary OUtback from new and was so impressed that I have put them on my Toyota Kluger (Highlander). Remarkably good on road and on soft off road with long wear (90,000km on last set). I gather they have a much greater tread depth than most tyres

Very good in mud and snow and quiet

Cheers

Graham
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,762
    What model of Geolandar? The G900 (and its numbered replacement - can't remember the number scheme though) that they put on the US-spec Foresters as OE are highly marginal and overpriced on the market. I wouldn't recommend them.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • thallbergthallberg Member Posts: 18
    I replaced the Bridgestone Potenza OE's on my 2007 Outback H-6 with Goodyear Comfort treads. Much better tire with regards to noise, comfort and snow traction. My wild driving days are over so I can't really comment on handling when pushed to extremes.
  • grahampetersgrahampeters Member Posts: 1,786
    G'day

Yokohama GEOLANDAR H/T-S (G051) is what I have been running, both on the Outback and now on the Kluger. Have been very impressed with these and had opportunity to compare the Kluger with others on different tyres.

Whilst Australian road conditions are broadly similar to USA, ther are some differences with more gravel. You can have a look at the Australian site for users comments http://www.yokohama.com.au/ourtyres/tyre.aspx?tyreid=71

Cheers

Graham
  • easypareasypar Member Posts: 191
    Thanks for the insights. Heading to the mountains today and will probably have some snow but still plenty of tread on these babies. Once I return I'll probably put some new sneaks on the car for my mid-February trip.

easypar