Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2012 Optima LX Brake Line Failure

minimomminimom Member Posts: 6
edited March 2014 in Kia
Well, I took delivery of my new 2012 Optima LX just 6 days ago. After parking it on my driveway, I noticed on the third day that a clear liquid was leaking from the bottom of the car. The leak appeared to be fairly minimal so I ignored it, thinking that it was a "new car" thing. On the fifth day, the brake light on my dashboard lit up while driving. Upon taking the car back to the dealer today (Friday), I was told that they had to order a new brake line and, due to the holiday weekend, I probably won't get my car back until mid-week! The dealer is giving me a loaner but, now I'm getting a bad vibe from my new car. Has anyone else experienced this problem with the brake line??

Comments

• Options
    lakerfan24lakerfan24 Member Posts: 24
    Had my SX since begining of Dec 2011 and nothing yet...
  • Options
    lakerfan24lakerfan24 Member Posts: 24
    Got a 2012 SX and just noticed something while I had the trunk open. The bottom edge of the trunk had been rubbing against the top of the bumper. You can only see this when the trunk is open. Open your trunk and look at the surface of the bumper on the right and left edges where the trunk comes down to close. I have a wear mark on both sides of my bumper and when looking at the trunk edge where it would meet, there is signs of wear there also. I thought it came from slamming the trunk but no, it doesn't hit and there is a good half inch gap or so. I tried pushing down on the trunk but still can't make it rub :confuse:
    I brought my car to the service dept and told them about it. They told me there's not much they can do and for me to monitor it to see if it gets worse. And if it does get worse they may have to adjust the body/frame or something. While I was there, I checked out a couple of the used Optimas in the lot. Popped open the trunk and saw the same wear marks as my car. Check yours out people...
  • Options
    keyman2keyman2 Member Posts: 78
    Can someone help,can you load your contacts on the system?also can you make phone calls on the system?