Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Northstar engine warantee usless

gaposgapos Member Posts: 2
I have a 2007 sts with a northstar engine that has developed a bearing noise. When I brought it to the dealer under warantee the said it was normal and as long as the engine was running they wouldn't do any thing. The car sounds like a deisel going down the street. The dealer said it was a design flaw and replacing the parts might give the same results. Gm said they can't do any thing unless the dealer says so. When you pay almost $50,000 for a car you would expect some support. Maybe that is why they stoped making this engine? Like I said if the problem is in the engine forget the warantee.

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    gapos,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Can you please email me with your VIN and current mileage? Have you spoken with Customer Assistance regarding this concern? I look forward to hearing from you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • gaposgapos Member Posts: 2
    Yes spoke to customer assistance incident #71-1013143290, current mileage is 42,00. Noise started about 20,000 but not sure exactly. They said the dealer decides on what to do and they sent me a me a $1,000 document to be applied to the purchase of a new vehicle. All I really want is a quiet car I have a platinum edition and it is exactly what I wanted. Thanks, Gary