Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-5 Lease Questions

Comments

• pupper4pupper4 Member Posts: 6
    Hello,

Could you provide money factor, residual, and amount of down payment required on the above model for February in Illinois?

Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I'd be happy to help you out, pupper4. Chase's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 (wow, it's amazing that there's 2014 models out already) Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00072 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You aren't required to make any sort of capitalized cost reduction on a lease, but you will likely have to pay some things at lease signing, including your vehicle's first month's payment, Chase's $595 acquisition fee and any required state taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum

Car_man
    Host
  • jimbrowski00jimbrowski00 Member Posts: 2
    Can I get the money factor and residual for a 2014 CX5 GT for 39 months and 10k miles a year in Southern California?
  • fishfatfishfat Member Posts: 2
    This is what I got from 2 dealerships on the GT 2014. This includes one where I negociated twice (coming back) and one with the Costco price matching.

Terms A:
    3,000 down
    42 months
    10000 miles

Best Available Quote: $309+ tax

Terms B:
    3,000 down
    36 months
    10000 miles

Best Available Quote: 329+tax

What do you guys think? I'm located in South FL. What's weird is that at Ford they're quoting me about $239+tax on a $30,000 vehicle for the term B above...

Thanks for the help.
  • chicago80chicago80 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Carman!

Can you please tell me the money factor and residual for a 2013 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD in Illinois with 10k miles/year? Do you expect those numbers to change for March? Not sure I'll get to the dealer this week.

Thanks.
    Here you go chicago80. Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00007 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $500 cash incentive available on leases of this vehicle that you definitely should take into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • hofmaniahofmania Member Posts: 1
    Just drove one of these over the weekend and it was a fantastic car. Could you give me the numbers for SF Bay Area on

Touring AWD
    GT AWD

36 month, 12k miles

Thanks a ton in advance
  • ng09ng09 Member Posts: 2
    Hello and thanks for all the info so far.... really helps out in the new car hunt.

I received the following quote for a 2014 CX5 AWD Touring and Grand Touring. Any suggestions on where to sweeten the deal or bring the price down a bit? I am located outside of Chicago.

1. CX-5 AWD Grand Touring.
    Internet Price : $28,612
    Terms: 15K. $445 x 35 mths. with 1st month, license and title down. ( $664)

2. CX-5 AWD Touring. (with Moonroof/ Bose)
    Internet Price: $26,524
    Terms: 15K. $412 x 35 mths. with 1st month, license and title down. ( $631)

Residual Values: 54% at 15K
    Money factor: .00007

Thanks again for all of the advice!
  • carshophawaiicarshophawaii Member Posts: 2
    Dear Car Man,

I've been having a real hard time getting the information I need from the local dealership in Hawaii (Oahu). I'm looking to lease the above referenced vehicle and no one there seem to be able to tell me the following questions:

What is the residual value for the vehicle at 12K miles for 36 months
    What's the current money factor.

Can you please help me? Thanks!
  • vtx1vtx1 Member Posts: 2
    I just leased a 2014 Touring AWD with the Bose/Moonroof package for $350/month for 36 months, with zero down and zero out of pocket. Did I score a good deal? They also gave me $18k for my trade in, which was basically full blue book trade value. It was $2k more than what carmax offered. Oh, my mileage allotment is 15k per year.

How did I do?
  • tj11119tj11119 Guest, Member Posts: 136
    What Money Factor did they give you on the lease?
    Car_Man,

Looking for your help again, dealers are playing around with the MF and need to confirm rates for: 2014 CX-5 FWD Gran touring , 36mo @ 12k/15k mi lease. Thanks in advance!!
  • vtx1vtx1 Member Posts: 2
    I'm not sure, I have to look at the papers one more time. I just thought $350/month with zero down was a decent deal and went for it, plus they offered $2k more than carmax for my trade in, that was the main thing in my agenda.

This is my first lease ever by the way.
    edited March 2013
    Here you go hofmania. Chase's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CX-5 Touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 CX-5 GT AWD are .00007 and 56%.

Mazda is providing a $400 cash incentive on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ng09. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted are right on the money. That's a good thing. It's difficult to evaluate these selling prices without knowing what these vehicles' MSRPs are. Let us know and we can tell you what we think.

Car_man
    Host
    Aloha carshophawaii. As you probably have been able to tell, Hawaii is a tough market. The lack of competition definitely makes it difficult to get good deals there. That's the price that you have to pay to live in paradise :).

Chase's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00043 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tijuana19. This vehicle's lease program is regional. What state are you in?

Car_man
    Host
    edited March 2013
    California.

After some questioning I got quoted a MF of .00063 and 57% residual 12k/36mo. is that right? (2014 FWD CX-5 Grand Touring) 15k would be 1 point less on the residual.
  • ng09ng09 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Car_Man.

Here's what I could come up with regarding the MSRP you had questions on:

1. CX-5 AWD Grand Touring- $29,049 MSRP
    (Quoted Internet Price : $28,612)

2. CX-5 AWD Touring (with Moonroof/ Bose) - $27,790 MSRP
    (Quoted Internet Price: $26,524)

Appreciate the help so far and please let me know if that info helps you out at all.
  • d_nd_n Member Posts: 3
    Hi
    I test drove the cx-5 and liked it but i got a quote for 520/460 for 24/36 months. This was a sign and drive deal and i said no way.

What will be a good leasing deal for a CX-5 in NY? dealer said MSRP is 27.5K

Thanks
    D
  • carshophawaiicarshophawaii Member Posts: 2
    Thank you so much, Car_man. You're right about the lack of competition, frustrating sometimes. Will keep you posted about what happens. Plan to go negotiate this weekend!
    You're welcome ng09. Thanks for the additional information. OK, so you were quoted a discount of $437 on the Grand Touring and $1,266 on the Touring. The first thing that pops out is the large difference between the two quotes. Why are you being given a larger discount on a less expensive vehicle. The Touring definitely seems like the better deal of the two.

The selling price that you were quoted on the '14 CX-5 Touring AWD is below its dealer invoice price of $26,924, and is a really good deal.

There isn't a huge spread between the CX-5's MSRP and dealer invoice price, less than $1,000, so even the $437 discount that you were quoted on the Grand Touring isn't bad.

Assuming both of these vehicles are 2014 models, the Touring is the better deal, but both offers are fair.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, carshophawaii. Good luck.

Car_man
    Host
    edited March 2013
    Car_Man,

Can you confirm lease rates for Socal region, Mazda CX-5 FWD Grand Touring 12k/15k @36months. Imagine that lower trim touring is 1% less? Thanks!!!
    Leased a 2014 cx-5 , GT , FWD, with tech package this weekend
    363 a month , 42 months, tax and bank fee included and no money down.
    hope its a good deal
    love the car so far.
  • sebastian8sebastian8 Member Posts: 1
    In my opinion this would be a good deal for 36 months but I might be wrong.
    I would like it more if it were 36 months, priced around invoice would give your price. Still that is a pretty loaded cx-5 car for that money.
  • jenb30jenb30 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Was this a good deal? I signed the papers on Sat night (3/30 - month end) and had a feeling that I should have waited...Please let me know your thoughts, good or bad.

If I did make some mistakes, hopefully others can learn from it. I did my homework and I thought I knew what I was doing but honestly when you're there at the dealer (and you're really hungry) it's not as easy as you'd think. Rookie mistakes. I know it's a popular model and was a little afraid that the lease offers wouldn't be as good in the future. I probably should have refused to pay some of the extra fees but I choked.

This model does not have the Bose/Moonroof package.

I traded in my 04 civic sedan with 146k miles on it - sight unseen for 4k. They just ran the VIN and offered me the 4k. I put half towards the fees, first month's payment, etc, but took a check for the balance and put no money down.

Here is the info from the lease agreement:

MSRP: 26,700
    Gross Cap Cost: 26,130
    Adjusted Cap Cost: 26,898
    Residual: 15,253
    Money Factor: .00093
    Monthly Payment: 362
    0 Security

::::Itemization of Gross Cap cost::::
    Tax (Maryland, 6%): 1,339.74
    Title, Reg: 272
    Acquisition: 595
    Doc Fee: 199
    Gross Cap Cost: 28,535

::::Monthly Payment Determination::::
    Gross Cap Cost: 28,535
    Cap Cost Reduction: 1637
    Adj Cap Cost: 26,898
    Residual: 15,253
    Depreciation: 11,645
    Rent Charge: 1,411
    Total base of monthly Payments: 13,056
    Lease Payments: 36
    Total Payment: $362.68

Not gonna lie, the lease agreement was a bit more overwhelming when compared to the simplistic examples that I've been going over online for the past few weeks. I'm also going to bet that in 3 years this vehicle will sell for much more than $15k.

Thanks!
    Well, I wasn't able to finish a deal before the end of the month :( . Every dealer was throwing a different Money factor and didn't feel like making a mistake by trusting any of them.

So Car_Man, would really appreciate it if you update us with April's lease rates for a Mazda CX-5 FWD Grand Touring 12k/15k 36months, southern California region. Thanks!!
    Sure tijuana19. Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring FWD with 15,000 miles per year in Southern California are .00013 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
  • seauto06seauto06 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please provide April's lease rates for a 2014 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD 12k/36mos in the Seattle area? Thanks!
    Here you go seauto06. Chase's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 CX-5 GT AWD with 12,000 miles per year in the Seattle area are .00043 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
  • bjarmourbjarmour Member Posts: 3
    Car_Man --

Could you please update us with April's lease rates for a Mazda CX-5 AWD Touring 12k/36 months, Boston area (Northeast region).

Thanks in advance!
    Hi bjarmour. Chase's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 CX-5 Touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year in the Boston area are .00013 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • carlos_fcarlos_f Member Posts: 10
    Hi Everyone..
    Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post. Here is what I'm being offered:

2014 CX-5 Base + Bluetooth
    $300 month + taxes + $1000 down which includes 1st payment.

Itemized Gross Capitalized Cost: $24,264.93
    Agreed upon value: $22776.93
    Acquisiion: 595.00
    Predelivery Serv Fee: $893

Miles: 12,000
    Capitalized cost: 413.74
    Adj. Capitalized Cost: 23,851
    Residual Value: 13,224
    Depreciation: 10,626
    Rent Charge: 176
    Total of base monthly payment: 10,800
    Term: 36 months
    Base monthly payment $300
    Monthly sales tax: $21
    Money value: I was told: 0.00013
    City: Miami

Is this a good deal? I know nothing about leasing. Thank you!!! and sorry for the long post.
  • kram2000kram2000 Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man --

Sorry to bother you... but would you give me May's lease rates for a Mazda CX-5 AWD Grand Touring 12K/36 months for Central Illinois (Midwest)? I have never leased before and am trying to do my homework. :)

THx!
    not sure if that is a great deal , I got FWD GT with tech package for 363 , tax included , no money down
  • seb7seb7 Member Posts: 7
    That's a nice deal!
  • seb7seb7 Member Posts: 7
    I am waiting for diesel model. This car is awesome like my other one, Elantra GT!
  • buster91buster91 Member Posts: 2
    How does this offer sound?
    2014 cx 5 grand touring, fwd, no additional options, 36 mo., 12k mi., 0 down, 1st month payment and $199 doc fee due at signing... $319/mo. I negotiated via email with 3 different dealers, this offer emerged as the best one.
    Thanks for your input.
  • bla73bla73 Member Posts: 2
    That is great deal!
    Can you please share the dealership name and location?
    Thanks,
  • buster91buster91 Member Posts: 2
    I should have said that the $319/mo. payment did not include tax... I received this deal from Woodhouse Mazda in Omaha. My salesperson was Bill Gilmore.
  • bla73bla73 Member Posts: 2
    Now, that makes more sense. Thank you for that information.
  • mchdrymchdry Member Posts: 1
    I just leased a CX5 GT AWD with Tech & remote start at $325 a month & total $3000 out of pocket including everything .
    How did i do?
    It's no bother at all kram2000. Chase's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year in Illinois are .00043 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • tm2003tm2003 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man, would you mind giving me the lease rates for a 2014 CX-5 GT AWD for New York City? Very much appreciated.
  • steveparkersteveparker Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man:

Can you provide the latest lease rates for a 2014 CX-5 Sport, FWD, Manual for the Raleigh/Durham area? (Haven't been able to find residual on a manual in previous posts.)

Thanks!
    Here you go tm2003. Chase's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 CX-5 GT AWD with 15,000 miles per year in New York are .00013 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi steveparker. Chase's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CX-5 Sport FWD MT in North Carolina with 15,000 miles per year are .00043 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • keranne21keranne21 Member Posts: 1
    Looking at a cx5 gt awd msrp 29970 invoice 29222 residual 67% and money factor .00022 for a 24 month @20,000 miles per year. Payment came out as 514. Doesn't seem right. Ideas on negotiating? We are in NE WI. Appreciate any help!
This discussion has been closed.