Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Acura RDX

12346»

Comments

• texan8899texan8899 Member Posts: 17
    I may not understand your message. I have the 2013 RDX no tech pkg. I have had it for almost one year. I have an iPhone 4 and after setting up the voice tags, I can call all numbers in my phone book by just speaking the name . Hope this helps.
  • newronewro Member Posts: 21
    OK yes that is what I was looking for. I saw the voice tag section, does that mean that you have to set up a voice tag for each phone book contact? That could take a while but its better than nothing. How do you call someone that is not tagged using voice only? Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,439
    It is in the book, but I believe that you have to say each name to save it. The bluetooth pulls in the #s, and they get called up 1 at a time, you say/save the name, and move on.

for someone not in the book, pretty sure you can enter it but that would take effort before you drive. Otherwise you have to dial on the phone.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• dab2013dab2013 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone share what they paid on their 2013 RDX Tech lease.

17800 All in 36mo 12K miles for me.

Wondering if there were better deals out there.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Pricing discussion is here...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• gmfornow3gmfornow3 Member Posts: 17
    Can an owner clarify what I read below about the powertrain in manual mode. If I purchase an RDX, when driving in snow, I may want to start/stop in second gear. Is this really possible? In manual mode with my current car, it often shifts automatically from second to first gear when I don't want it to in the snow.

"For improved stop-and-go performance and to prevent "lugging" the engine, the Sequential SportShift transmission will automatically downshift to First gear even though the transmission has been left in a higher gear, as the vehicle comes to a stop. In Manual Mode, when coming to a stop in Second gear, the vehicle will start in Second gear as well."
  • troymichaeltroymichael Member Posts: 18
    UGh.. I reallly like this car but my wife wants the power lift gate on the back. The tech ver is out of our price range plus i would not pay 4K for it anyway the only thing she would use is the pwr liftgate.

Any have an after market one installed? if so how much?
  • twwilliamtwwilliam Member Posts: 17
    Here is a possible solution??? http://www.rynomobility.com/load_n_go.htm

Load n Go by Ryno Mobility
  • ulfjohulfjoh Member Posts: 2
    We are planning on upgrading our Acura 2006 TL to a Acura 2013 RDX. We love the TL but hate the turning ratio.

The 2006 TL has (from the Edmunds website) a turning ratio of 39.7
    The 2013 RDX has (from the Edmunds website) a turning ratio of 39.0

The poor turning ratio of the TL was something that we knew when we bought the car and it was often mentioned in car reviews but we bought the car anyway.

I have not seen any (negative) comments anywhere about the turning ratio of the RDX so I assume it is not an issue. But the 39 feet does not sound that great to me. It is just 0.7 feet less than the TL which was terrible.

What do you think?

Thanks,
    /Kenneth
  • 4mercoachrick4mercoachrick Member Posts: 133
    Well, heck. It does look like there are quite a few with tighter turning specs; but no so many 'high quality' vehicles in the bunch...
    http://vehiclepicks.com/car/top/for/with-a-low-turning-radius/suvs/2013

Coming from the XC60, I don't notice the radius is all that large for the overall size of the vehicle....right there with the RX and X3.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Interesting. I haven't found the RDX to be a problem in parking lots, etc. Maybe it has a fairly short overhang in front of the tires versus the TL. Actually I remember turning the RDX very sharply in a big, vacant parking lot during one my test drives before I bought it and it actually seemed to turn pretty sharply. That was one of the things I liked about it.
    I think it is fairly large. At least I feel that I have had to take extra swings a few times, even compared to our Odyssey.

though part of that is I am still getting used to the size (the bigger/higher hood) so I tend to think I am a lot closer than I really am. But, better safe than sorry!

just took a run from MJ to NC. Mostly highway running with a few small detours, and not babying it (70-75 mostly, occasionally hitting 80) and per the trip computer, got about 28.5 MPG. This is an AWD. Not bad for the driving.

• mbros2kmbros2k Member Posts: 71
    Sorry; gotta have adjustable rear air vents on a luxury SUV as well as an option for adaptive cruise control, or no deal no way...
  • dan_2dan_2 Member Posts: 1
    I got one with a tech package for 35,200. MSRP was 39,215.
    I got a 2013 RDX base in February and did not think the tech pkg was worth the extra dollars. I had TL's before and can count on one hand the times I used the fog lights. I have a great GPS that I use sparingly. That said, so far, minus a very annoying dash board rattle that will be taken care on next service, the RDX has been great. Drives great and so far very satisfactory.
  • ping11ping11 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2013 RDX and it does not seem to work well with the phone integration which was a top requirement. I have had it in the service department already twice. The first time the sales person told me to buy a new phone which I eventually did. The second time, they tested it on 2 other RDX 2013's and found they had the same issue. One was even worse. The person on the receiving side hears a lot of static and may not even hear you.......They tell me this must be an issue with this car since it is a new model and that until a lot of people reported it, it would probably not be fixed. Anyone having this same issue? If so, please report it.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited May 2013
    This happens with TLs too:

tinmantt, "Acura TL Bluetooth/HandsFree Link Problems" #269, 22 Nov 2012 12:32 pm

The Sedans host over there, Kirstie, tells me that some Acura owners have had to replace the entire hands-free module.
    I have a 2013 RDX w/o the tech package, have it since Feb. 2013. On the plus side the car is comfortable with a great ride and good in the snow. The negative: that dash board rattle that you have, so do I and its going to get fixed this service. The blue tooth simply is second rate, very un Acura like. I have had 5 TL's before this, the last we traded for the RDX was a 2010 and the blue tooth worked fine, much easier and fluid to operate. Truth be told, I wasnt going to get another Acura but my wife was having trouble with the TL in the snow (first time for an Acura to be bad in the snow) and they made it relatively easy to trade into the RDX. The car is OK, but you to me at least, it seems a bit more cheaply made.
  • alisontalisont Member Posts: 2
    I've only had my RDX for a week but have been using bluetooth for streaming audio and calls with no issues.

Controls for operating the audio system and bluetooth are way better with tech package than without, thats one thing that swayed me to get the tech package even though I didn't really want the navigation system. Voice commands work well also.
  • twwilliamtwwilliam Member Posts: 17
    The phone Bluetooth system is awful. More steps and limited to 20 voice tag numbers. Pre 2013 allowed 50 voice tag numbers with fewer steps. The navigation system not much better. Even the passenger cannot change destinations while vehicle is in motion.
  • ctwvctwv Member Posts: 2
    wow! I thought that dashboard rattle must be a freak thing on my 2014 RDX; evidently it's a problem to others as well, based on a couple of these posts. Mine's on the passenger side and it's driving me crazy! I only have 200 miles on the thing. Other than that, I love it.
    I had a rattle that was annoying me, until I discovered that the locking lug nut key was rolling around loose in the glovebox. Pad that up, and no issues.

though I did get a warning message tonight about checking the gas cap. considering I had not gotten gas for over a week, kind of odd. So I took it off and clicked it back on good, Message stayed on when I fired it backed up and drove off to dinner.

thankfully it was off when we started back up after eating the message was gone. hopefully it was just not put on right last time I got gas. One thing about Jersey, they pump gas for you, but you have to pay attention to how they do it.

I am going in for service next week and will point out the rattle. To me it sounds like its coming from the vent on the dashboard, passenger side but it comes and goes. With all the Acura's that I have had, never had this before. Interestingly, my daughter just got a new ILX and she has the same rattle, same place. As you say other than that and the bluetooth, which stinks, I like the car a lot. Great ride and comfortable.
  • ihowlihowl Member Posts: 1
    I had the same problem with a 2013 RDX purchased in May. I was unable to tell where the rattle was coming from exactly. From the drivers seat it sounded as if it was coming from the passenger side, but when sitting on the passenger side it sounded like it was on the driver's side. The good news is that I think I found and fixed it. I was fiddling with the sunglasses holder thinking that might be the problem when I noticed the thin plastic cover that runs from the top of the windshield to the rearview mirror. I gave it a light push in towards the windshield and there was a barely audible click. I have not heard the rattle since. Knock on wood.
    I will give that a try, the funny thing is that the noise comes and goes but it is annoying thats for sure
    Have a 2013 RDX no tech package, app. 6k miles. Notice that when at highway speed, 65mph plus there is a high pitched whine coming from the front. If you let off the gas, it gets lower. Not sure if its the tires on different road surfaces, the plastic where fog lights would go or what. Anyone have a similar experience? Thank
  • bulldogdiverbulldogdiver Member Posts: 8
    My short 85 year old mother had a wreck yesterday and we are suddenly car shopping. I am interested in a crossover type vehicle that is low enough that she doesn't have to climb up to get into the vehicle but is higher than a regular sedan so that she doesn't have to pull herself to get out of the vehicle. What is the seat height from the roadway on the 2013/2014 RDX?
    not sure the #, but having one, I do have to climb up a bit into it (and I am 6' tall). Certainly try it out, but I would think you would want something a bit lower, but above sedan height.

• dsanassdsanass Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2013 RDX last Aug. Sold back to Acura 1 year later. Great motor, handling, braking, and gas mileage. But these were not enough to offset the ridiculous amount of road noise if you are on a rough surface road - ie farm to market. Road noise is similar to being in a soft top jeep with knobby tires. I would sometimes thing the window was down when forced to drive next to a semi. Then there was the hardest working bluetooth I have ever seen. Drop connect drop connect drop connect ! After about 5 minutes - Oh, would you like to connect your phone ? If you are any iphone user - good news. It will try to connect from 2 counties away. Then there was the bad strut klunk. I would like to think Honda/Acura has a "hire the disabled" program. I would, however, having ppl with hearing disabilities work in the road noise dept needs rethinking. Apparently engineers at Honda/Acura have never heard of noise damping matting. Look under the back deck BARE METAL. The road noise was simply unbelievable. Bare metal door and qtr panels. If you drive on anything other than smooth roads - rethink about the RDX.
    doesn't sound at all like my RDX. some tire noise on certain road surfaces, but overall, nice an quiet. and never had a bluetooth issue.

I have a 2013 RDX non tech. Does this vehicle have active noise cancellation? If not can I get it installed? I understand it takes a new chip to have it added. I have 15k miles and love the car but the interior noise is higher than I prefer. Thanks.

Same car I have. Pretty sure that it does have the ANC system. I only notice any noise on certain road surfaces (tire noise), which is a classic Honda attribute. But overall it to me is quiet and serene. And when not, turn up the radio!

some people just should drive a Lexus though for the eerie silence and isolation.

Stick guy..Thanks for response, but does anyone know for sure that my 2013 RDX has ANC?

edited January 2014

Honda says the 2013 RDX has Active Noise Control. Another Honda press release says:

"New technologies such as Pandora® internet radio interface, an SMS text messaging function, a Keyless Access System with pushbutton start, an Active Noise Control system and a rear view camera system with three unique viewing angles are also standard on all RDX models."

Steve-Thanks, that should answer my question.

edited January 2014

Well, you know press releases. May want to peel the headliner back and see if there really are mics up there. B)

I joke, but it's entirely possible that something is disconnected. Supposedly you wouldn't be able to hear the speakers working to cancel the noise if the radio is off, so how would you know?

Would the ANC cancel wind noise and road noise, or just engine noise? My car is about as quiet as my 2013 CRV, with no ANC.

Next question, does my 2013 Rdx non tech have an acoustic windshield to reduce wind and road noise?

edited February 2014

Hm, sounds like acoustic glass is an option for the 2014 RDX (Technology Package). Don't see any info out there saying it was even available for the 2013. Kind of odd, since Honda has been using acoustic glass for a decade now, but obviously not in every Acura model. Follow the money....

Maybe for my next windshield. Thanks

• tower2tower2 Member Posts: 1

am i the only one who hates the ride of the 2013 RDX?

I believe the ride quality, or lack thereof, is mainly attributed to the short wheelbase and heavy front end. I noticed it during the test drive, but it still suited my requirements.

• rgf99rgf99 Member Posts: 1

I have 2013, purchased 7/13, with 25,000 miles on it. My sense of the car is that it could have been a great car except that the bean counters limited it potential. It has been cheapened on too many fronts by Acura. Base model should have HID headlights, power rear door lift, better AC, ... The car does not even off parking sensors, blind spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control, ... All in the MDX. Is Acura afraid if they make a great RDX it will hurt MDX sales? Perhaps a bit, but it will also keep me from jumping to BMW when my lease is over.

that is why they have the tech package

cheaper car for those that don't want to spend all the $$ on those options, and available for those that do. Not sure what you mean by better AC, but I agree it should have rear vents, other than that we find it to work fine.

I don't care about HIDs really, and don't even want a power rear hatch. The backup camera is fine for me to park with (do many cars now even come with sensors too?)

but, to each his own. And an X3 with that stuff is going to be at least 45K.

I have a 2013 RDX, base model. I have a small crack in my windshield that can not be repaired. Has anyone ever replaced their windshield with an acoustic windshield, and has it resulted in a noticeably quieter cabin?

• Hikeandbikeare4me_Hikeandbikeare4me_ Member Posts: 47
    I'm 16 and want to make sure of a proper buy.
    I'm looking at the 2011-2012 Acura RDX and I'm not sure which is the best.
    I am also not sure if this is a good car for a new driver.
    That’s the end of the model run of the original turbo version. Fun cars, but at this point, likely to be more expensive to maintain than a teen would want. Also a bit thirsty. And I think they are still a bit pricey. Probably better off to start with a sedan or hatch. Civic?