Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti JX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bakingageorgebakingageorge Member Posts: 17
    I just received a quote for a 2013 JW AWD with premium, illuminate kick plates and splash guards. MSRP of $48,645; selling price if I finance with Infiniti of $44,112. APR of 2.8% I am in Los Angeles. Let me know, this is the lowest price for this car I have found.....there are not a lot of AWD in California available.
  • m3armandm3armand Member Posts: 10
    Sewellgsm, thanks for your reply. After numerous emails traded with my dealer, I finally received the build sheet for my car today. Interestingly, it WAS ordered the following business day after I put my deposit down. So I am wondering why the hassle with providing me a copy of the order sheet? I am thinking that it is due to a seriously incompetent salesperson.

But now, I have a problem. They added 3 items to my order that I did not want: rear bumper protection, illuminated kick panels, and splash guards. I really didn't want those and they do not appear to be "pre-requisites" to any other items. How difficult would it be to get them removed from the order?

We want the JX, but all this hassle is really leaving a very bad taste in my mouth. I'm on the verge of just cancelling, getting my deposit back and spending almost twice as much on a MB GL class. My buying experience with MB has been spotless and I am just tired of the hassle. I am very surprised since the buying experience from Infiniti / Lexus was supposed to be the best.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    It does not seem like they custom ordered it....more like they found one out there that met your specs (or most of them)...and traded or bought it for you.

Custom order should have been exactly what you wanted...now depending on how far along it is, they might could cancel those items.

I will say the rear bumper protector and splash guards come in handy. :)
  • pjamesepjamese Member Posts: 15
    What LA or So Cal dealership was offering that? thanks
  • bakingageorgebakingageorge Member Posts: 17
    Glendale Infiniti. I was able to get them down another $200. Plus for financing through Infiniti financial services I got first two oil changes free. We ended up leasing. Good luck!
  • tims2ktims2k Member Posts: 9
    We're looking at a new JX configured the way we want it and the car does not exist on the West Coast. The dealer we're working with said he could order it and would give it to us at invoice. Now they're offering $1K below invoice.

Is anyone else seeing offers close to this? I'm surprised they went straight to invoice, makes me wonder what the bottom line acutally is.
  • mini222mini222 Member Posts: 4
    I think the 1K below invoice is because Infiniti is providing $1K incentive back to dealerships. It's approaching year-end, and manufacture needs to meet sales goal. In addition, JX's direct competitor - brand new MDX is not that far way. Keep us posted on your buying experience. Thx.
  • pjamesepjamese Member Posts: 15
    edited October 2012
    I got $5k off MSRP (which was 43510) on base AWD JX this month in So Cal but had to finance through Infiniti. When I asked about a FWD with just Premium Package they could only discount that $4k. I had no special buying program, just went back and forth for a few days with them.
    Yes, in order to get the $1K incentive from Infiniti, they need you to finance from Nissan. This is also listed on Edmunds.com. I am getting intenet quotes around $44K for the AWD with Premium pkg from couple central NJ dealers.
  • jdgator919jdgator919 Member Posts: 4
    I wanted to let everyone know what I was able to get on my new FWD JX 35 since the forum was helpful to me in making purchasing decisions.

I was able to get the following vehicle:
    FWD JX 35
    Emerald graphite
    Roof rails and cross bars
    Premium
    Drivers Assist
    Theater package

In order to get roof rails, had to get the car from a dealer out of state. Delivered the car to our home on a Saturday morning.

$47,000 OTD (includes $4K for trade - 2001 FWD QX4 with 114K miles). Gave us wheel locks free of charge.

The local dealer came down to $46K if I bought one off the lot but hubby wanted roof rails and the emerald graphite color.

I probably could have done better, but was happy with the overall deal given our time constraints.
  • fantasyleofantasyleo Member Posts: 5
    Can you share what dealer you bought it form?
  • jeremiastanjeremiastan Member Posts: 25
    Offer on the table for JX35
    AWD
    Premium
    Deluxe Touring
    Theatre
    Techology
    MSRP 56700
    Sale price offer 53470
    3yr lease/15,000/mo
    Residual 57%
    Putting 4K down and paying fees up front, and first month (just because).

579/mo.

Good deal?
  • m3armandm3armand Member Posts: 10
    Sewell, if VPP is typically "D Plan, then what is "A Plan"? I believe D plan gives you invoice price. So how much better is "A Plan"?
  • fantasyleofantasyleo Member Posts: 5
    Hello, I just got my JX35 AWD Base with Kickplate for $42,100 OTD(Included TTL), it was very nice working with Tim from Metro Infiniti, I'm high recommend that you look for this guy if you ever plan to buy one in the South Cal. I actually got a same deal from Glendale (Kate, straight pricing very nice lady to work with) but the car is in Parkway, and their sales manager Michael(Who is very hard to work with and he tries to trap me into getting the car from him for 1.1k more) won't let her have it, so I ended up getting it from Metro. So if you ever shop around here, Glendale and Metro would be your best choice in terms of pricing and customer service, and again don't waste your time, DON"T GO TO PARKWAY, their sales manager Michael will BLACK FACE on you. Good luck on your buying :] :shades:
  • asd4asd4 Member Posts: 3
    Infiniti lost several 100s of JX in hurricane Sandy which may tighten supply in the short run. If you have a quote from first week of November and need to buy soon, check to see if your dealer will still honor it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/cars/hurricane-sandys-new-and-used-car-toll-up-to-- 200000-vehicles-could-be-scrapped/2012/11/12/d41638ca-2d01-11e2-b631-2aad9d9c73a- c_story.html
    A Plan is $1250 better below invoice before incentives.
  • katddykatddy Member Posts: 1
    My dealer tells me A Plan is only good for vehicles on the ground, not factory orders. Is this right?
  • xchenxchen Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    I just purchased my JX-35 Base FWD for 40500 out of door from infiniti of tampa on black friday.
    This is the only dealers in my area, so I don't have a bargain choice. Still I think this is a very fair price.

The one I get is a black one, MSRP 42100. The sales person's name is Abe and he said will honor this price for any of my friends.

Tampa is not the cheapest place to buy a car, so I guess you can probably beat this price elsewhere.

Good luck.
    No...all vehicles are "on the ground" eventually. That is total BS.

Now - a dealer does NOT have to participate in selling vehicles at VPP - that is their choice, but they should just say they don't want to do it and not make up stuff.
  • 15maggie115maggie1 Member Posts: 7
    We have been looking at the JX and MDX. The JX has an edge with features etc. And if I just price out what I want on the JX it is similarly priced to the MDX. What I'm finding is they have added tons to all the cars in inventory in our area...we want just : FWD, Premium Package, Maple Accents, Roof Rails and Cross Bars. All the dealers have is this car with additional packages and accessories that I don't need and don't want to pay for. The cars they have outfitted with extras take me outside my comfort zone price wise.

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? Does the end of the year mean they may be willing to make better deals on the models they have that are loaded?
    Hi 15Maggie1, I am totally agree with what you are saying, as I am experience the same situation. I am in the north-eastern region, ALL the JXs they have are pretty much with at least 3 packages, normally Premium, Theatre and Driver Assist. This makes the JX way pricier than MDX (currently I have MDX with Tech pkg). I am eligible for the invoice price thru Plan D, maybe that's why dealer is not willing to negotiate a bit more. So to answer your question - I don't think dealers are willing to make better deals, as demand is considered high, at least in NY/NJ areas. Please keep us posted on your further buyer experience. Good luck!
    You can custom order your own JX from any dealer, we order once a month at the beginning of the month (usually around the 5th or so) and it will take about 2 months for your JX to arrive at the dealership (since they are built in the US). This way you can get exactly what you want and nothing you don't want. :D
  • jwidman5jwidman5 Member Posts: 2
    We have never leased a vehicle before but are going to lease our next one. This is the price I was quoted and wondering if its a good deal or not.
    2013 Infiniti JX AWD MSRP 57,105
    savings 3,905
    adjusted sales price 53,200
    trade value 22,500
    trade difference 30,700
    trade balance 17,100 (5400 to the positive)
    tax 2,041.55
    doc fee 75
    license fee 630
    capitalized inception fee 936.16
    pride adjustment 5400
    total cap cost 48,736.16
    39 month 15,000 lease quoted $546.05 a month with $1251.05 due at delivery for 1st payment and registration fees
    Residual percentage 0.57 and money factor lease rate 0.00146
  • 15maggie115maggie1 Member Posts: 7
    we have 2 price quotes for the car we want:

JX FWD Premium Package only, maple accents, roof rails, cross bars.

$44,590 for one that has a few extras we didn't want that the dealer has in stock (cargo protector, kickplates, tow package)

$45,830 for one that a dealer found elsewhere that they will trade for and transport here

We are very much struggling with the decision. We like all the JX has to offer, but we were not wanting to spend this much. We wouldn't even have considered the JX if we had known the premium package ($4,950) is pretty much a must (pushes that price outside our comfort zone). Our other choice is an Acura MDX, which prices better and folks seem to be getting great deals on.

Hoping maybe the end of the month comes and someone gets desperate to sell us a JX...
  • castelinocastelino Member Posts: 26
    So I'm in TX and looking at a black jx with java interior.
    Packages - premium, theater, deluxe touring, technology
    Accessories - splash guards, illuminated kick plates, cargo area protector, all season floor mats, interior accent lighting.

Price - 52,800 + TTL

Not sure if they're including the $1000 ifs incentive, they didn't mention needing to finance but you never know.

Is this a good deal?
  • jeremiastanjeremiastan Member Posts: 25
    We bought just before Thanksgiving. We leased but the agreed upon sales price was 51,728.77. I think we did not have the interior accent lighting or the splash guards, but did have the kick plates and cargo protector.
    We're in VA near DC.
  • todd68todd68 Member Posts: 1
    What dealership are you referring to in Texas? I am also in the market for a fully loaded JX.

Thanks!
  • arai143arai143 Member Posts: 1
    I am getting deal on 2013 Infiniti JX 35 AWD with premium package, Driver assistance package, Theatre package and splash guards, illuminated kick plates, cargo area protector for 47.9K(including destination charges) + tax. Is it good.
  • btcutterbtcutter Member Posts: 23
    Look like you are almost 2K under invoice. That's pretty good to me.
    I'm in Austin, talking to them. What about you? I'm seeing better prices in other places around the country but not much data in tx
  • parmarparmar Member Posts: 17
    Hi, FYI - got JX with premium package plus illuminated kick plates, rear bumper protector, handle nail scratch guard, tint, nitrogen air, etc for $44500 drive out. Bought it from Crest, Plano, TX.
  • rwenrwen Member Posts: 6
    Got a JX front wheel drive, with Premium package, driver assist, theater package, and illuminated kick plate. MSRP was around $50,700. After some negotiations, got the out the door price of $48,500, in southern California. Financed the car to get the additional $1k manufacturer to dealer incentive (not to customer), and end of the year purchase might have also helped the final price. Good luck everyone! :)
  • tiger120tiger120 Member Posts: 7
    Just got a base JX model in Houston, TX, very pleased with the sales associate and the dealership. The car drives very well and price looks good to me. It seems like finance through Infiniti could give you a pretty good price incentive. Good luck everyone!
  • anilpunjabi1anilpunjabi1 Member Posts: 7
    I just got a fully loaded jx 35 msrp of 56.2k with a decided price of 51.2k with a 39 month lease 39k miles for 611 a month with 1500 due at signing with no down payment, we added the maintance package and brought it up to 640 a month

This was all through VPP

Are people getting below invoice?
    Well after 6 years as the GSM of Sewell Infiniti of Dallas (finishing in the Top 3 in the Nation in sales all 6 years)...I've accepted a job as the GM of Sewell Cadillac in Grapevine. I'll be moving over to the Cadillac Forums to offer advice moving forward. It has been fun reading and writing (and sometimes debating) you guys on this forum I'm sure my replacement will continue to monitor and give advice on the Infiniti side. Feel free to email me on any questions you may have. :cry:
    Anyone have any thoughts on extended warranty prices for the JX? It's not clear to me what a fair price for these products are. I'm looking at 3,4,5 year warranties. Also, does anyone know if I can buy my warranty from any dealer in the country and have it apply to my JX? If so, I'd request price quotes in highly competitive markets.
  • TiredBuyerTiredBuyer Member Posts: 10
    edited January 2013
    I am trying to figure out a fair offer for an Infiniti JX35 base fwd. The dealership wants $1400 over invoice. My thoughts are more like $200 over invoice. Also, how does the factory to dealer rebate work with $1k if you finance thru Infiniti? How do you know the rate before hand? My credit union is offering 1.49% with an excellent credit rating 800. I live in La and the dealer stated that Texas gets better factory to dealer incentives. Is this true? Also, do you think the incentive will be better in February than January?
  • tmnjmaxtmnjmax Member Posts: 19
    Infiniti elite warranty can be bought at any infiniti dealer in the u.s.
    You can request a quote from infinti of scottsdale in az. and you can then shop that quote locally. In my experience many dealers in phila-jersey area will match
    it.
    I wouldn't waste my money on a non-infiniti extended warranty.
  • azjonazjon Member Posts: 4
    Agree w/everything Castelino mentioned in post 194.

In addition to Courtney with Infiniti of Scottsdale you may want to check with Sherry with Circle Infiniti in NJ. Courtney & Sherry's quotes were the cheapest within a few dollars of each others on the different warranty plans (and maintenance plans if interested).

I phoned about 8 different dealers/finance managers at large Infiniti dealers across the country and prices varied greatly (e.g. $1,000 or more) for the same Infiniti warranty. Seems that some dealers may be operating on volume of warranties sold vs. others trying to maximize profit on the ones they do sell.
  • asd4asd4 Member Posts: 3
    Can a maintenance plan be cancelled?

I got sucked into buying one when I bought my JX back in November. So far I have not recieved any documentation regarding the plan. Does the documentation come from the dealer or directly from Infiniti?
    Thanks for the feedback on the warranty - any thoughts on what I should pay for one that goes out 8 years?
  • azjonazjon Member Posts: 4
    Here is the quote I got from Courtney at Inf of Scottsdale last October. Sherry's quote was within a few dollars. I decided to hold off at the time, but may revisit the decision in a month or two:

NEW 2013 JX w/0 miles (price and term change once you exceed 6k miles or 6 months from original date of purchase).

$0 Ded
    72mo/82k=$1591
    84mo/100k=$2383
    84mo/120k=$2621
    96mo/100k=$2498
    96mo/120k=$2955

$100 Ded
    72mo/82k=$1284
    84mo/100k=$1862
    84mo/120k=$2068
    96mo/100k=$1973
    96mo/120k=$2328
    Those numbers look pretty good. Thanks for the info.
  • tb97tb97 Member Posts: 1
    purchased base JX35 FWD. 39,100+TTL. no trade in. IFS financed.
    Austin Infiniti. very professional. very clear, direct. no games. all handled over email. initial quote 39,900. emailed with other dealer offer and it was immediately matched.

Southwest Infiniti in Houston also had excellent pricing, willing to negotiate over email, but sales guy left me with questions, always a new angle.

Sewell Infiniti Dallas quoted me the MSRP as their best price. thought it was a mistake so politely wrote back. told me my numbers were wrong.

again Edmunds helped with every aspect of this purchase. thanks Edmunds and the forum.
  • fogy611fogy611 Member Posts: 8
    I just leased a fully loaded JX MSRB 57,600 with 10K miles per year for 39 months for $585 per month with $2140 out of pocket (first months payment and NJ fees). I used 3 extra securitiy deposits to get it down to $555 per month.

If you need a Infiniti and you are in NJ check out Douglas Infiniti in Summit and ask for Steve. The place is great. No games, very straight forward. I shopped around, did my homework and they were the best. They have a customer for life! I pick it up Weds!
  • iamsthiamsth Member Posts: 4
    I want a white JX35 with driver assist package and premium package. but I don't want the stupid theater package. the dealer seems to have a difficulty locating the car. they are offering me one with premium, driver assist and theater package. I just don't want to pay the extra only for driver assist package. just wondering, couldn't they special order it from Infiniti? How would it work to get a "specially customized" one?
  • fogy611fogy611 Member Posts: 8
    I'm sure they can order anything, but everyone I saw had the Theather Package. Its actually pretty cool and my kids love it. They were able to give me a better deal on a fully loaded one than one with less options. They are almost always better on a car in inventory than one they have to order. The Deluxe Touring package is pretty nice as well. Best of luck
    thanks a lot for the advice. I am expecting a newborn, who won't be able to appreciate the theater package in at least 2-3 years. besides, you can get two ipads with the price of the theater package.....

I just really wish Infiniti would be more considerate in the packages. On paper you can have it, but they simply don't make any....
    edited March 2013
    Just an update... bought an AWD with Premium+Drive Assist+Theater packages with roof rail/cross bar, illuminated kickplate for $46353+TTL. This includes the VPP discount and financing incentive. Hope it is not a bad deal.

thanks a lot for all the advice. :):):)
  • hash2hash2 Member Posts: 32
    Sounds like a great deal. What was the MSRP? I am assuming ~53K.
    $6.5K off MSRP is unheard of on this car even with VPP.