Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti JX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,586
Tell about shopping for a new JX!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    We got our first JX last Friday...we have not made it available to sell until we get more - this way people can test drive it and see it. About 25% of all JX's that are inbound to our location are pre-sold (previous customers have put down deposits, etc.)

I think you can expect to pay MSRP (maybe a small discount if you've bought from dealer before) till about June...once the dealers get some on the ground that last more than 2 weeks, they will start to discount a little.

Infiniti launched the vehicle with awesome lease numbers and 1.9% financing up to 66 months! :D
  • yodagalyodagal Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    THanks for the posting! I went to the Houston Auto show hoping to see the JX. It was there but you couldn't get close to it. I am in the middle of my "research" phase for a car and have narrowed it down to the QX, GL 450, Land Rover LR4 and maybe a look at the JX. I'm really interested in how much room it has inside. I really wish it had captains chairs in the second row, but oh well.

What would you say is the biggest driving difference (feel wise) between the JX and the QX?
  • coop73coop73 Member Posts: 21
    I test drove an AWD JX today. Its a nice car. They only have one and its not for sale. I have purchased my past Infiniti cars at this dealership so they let me take it out for 30 minutes. The tech in this car is unbelievable. We started negotiations on a model the was in transit and they would not honor the VPP price. They told me to wait until May when they expect to have more on the ground.

I called four other dealers in the Chicago area and they are not honoring the VPP pricing as well. Bummer.....
  • bashinbashin Member Posts: 27
    Please update this post if you find someone accepting VPP. That is very concerning given the fact that Infiniti, for the first time I recall, is allowing its customers to use VPP for a "hot" car on the market. I hope I don't have a similar issue when I look to purchase my JX next month. Anyone out on the forums have a suggestion to handle this, particularly in the DC area?
  • sajr4sajr4 Member Posts: 5
    What is VPP stand for?

I was able to see & test drive car this weekend in Long Island, NY. Really nice car. Received following quote:

AWD w/premium package
    36 months with 12,000 miles
    MSRP 48,720
    $3,270 down (includes 1st mth payment)
    $619/mth

Was told money factor .00157 and residual 62%

Does seem right? Is this is decent deal?

Thanks for your help.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is looking to interview people who bought new cars during the month of March 2012. Please email pr@edmunds.com with the make and model of your purchase and your daytime contact info no later than Monday, April 2, 2012.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

I went to a different dealer today who honored the VPP pricing for the JX. I got a fully loaded JX;

AWD, Premium, Deluxe Touring, Theater, and Technology.

36 months with 15,000 miles
    MSRP 54,800
    $1,030 down (includes 1st mth payment)
    $720/mth

They also assisted in getting me out of my G37x lease with 14 months left on the lease!
    edited March 2012
    VPP stands for the Vechicle Purchase Program. It allows you to walk in and purchase or lease a vehicle usually at invoice. Some models might have additional savings. If you search VPP, you will find the website. My company participates in the program.
  • dallasmandallasman Member Posts: 77
    Can you tell me where you got this deal? Thanks!
  • sajr4sajr4 Member Posts: 5
    Can you participate in VPP if you have not been an Infiniti customer before?
  • jddssc121jddssc121 Member Posts: 151
    is that a lease payment? seems like you didn't get the base MF rate...
    I did get the base MF rate. I had to roll in some of the negative equity with the early lease termination.
  • jddssc121jddssc121 Member Posts: 151
    ah... got it. Yuck, that sucks :(
    I had to do it. A G37 coupe with little kids no longer worked. I got the Emerald Green with the Java interior. It's a great combo. For the person who asked which dealership honored the VPP, it's Infiniti of Clarendon Hills, a suburb west of Chicago.
  • cml4cml4 Member Posts: 8
    Looking to buy a JX with premium package and drvivers assist package. Anyone buy a new JX and want to share pricing to buy? How much, if any, did you get off of MSRP?
  • goose01goose01 Member Posts: 6
    I signed an agreement for a jx AWD w premium, theater, and driver assistance pkg for 48.7k. Close to 3k off msrp. Really liked how it drove
  • raodenraoden Member Posts: 19
    Hi can you tell me the name of the dealership. Thx
  • famouspaintfamouspaint Member Posts: 9
    You got a great price. Does it include the $950 shipping charge?
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    Infiniti (surprisingly) decided to honor VPP at the launch of the JX; however, dealers do not have to participate. Since the car is in high demand, they want the customers willing to pay normal pricing to get a chance to get the vehicle before they start to let the Infiniti/Nissan employees and their friends/family members get them at the VPP price.

In my experience, 5 years as GSM at one of the largest Infiniti dealerships in the US, once supply starts to catch up with demand - probably this summer then all the dealers will start to honor VPP pricing.

We (and many of the dealers in Texas) are honoring VPP, mostly because we got a large amount of JX allocated to us due to our high volumn of sales. We've sold 37 of the 40 we got in the first two weeks and now about 50% of our inbound units are sold.

The JX is built in the US, so it only takes about 8 weeks to get one even if you custom order. So, the best thing to do is go to your local dealer and custom order one! Even at MSRP, this vehicle is a great Value!

Remember what happend when the QX came out...they all sold for MSRP (or a modest discount for previous customers) for about 9 months or so...by the time supply caught up with demand and the dealers started wheeling and dealing - Infiniti had 3 PRICE INCREASES!! So, the MSRP had gone up 2-3k...but the dealers discounted $2-3k...and you ended up right back to the original MSRP!

Wouldn't shock me if they raise the price on this JX soon.... :(
    Beaverton Infiniti. Portland Oregon.
    I worked with the sales manager and he basically said that they want to move cars so that they can get more/quicker
    That price included The destination and delivery fee.
  • shopforcarshopforcar Member Posts: 1
    Hi goose01,

Congratulations on your JX, I am actively looking to buy a JX and appreciate if you can post the dealer name and city so it helps us negotiate price.

thanks
    Beaverton Infiniti , Portland oregon
  • needajxneedajx Member Posts: 3
    I just got back from a dealership and the salesman said the JX was excluded from the Infiniti 1.9% financing special. One of the original posts on the forum stated the financing was available on the JX for up to 66 months. Can someone please confirm which is correct? If it isn't currently available, do you believe it will be offered in the near future?

Any insight provided would be appreciated. Also, has anyone else had any luck getting the car for less than MSRP?
  • barcarolebarcarole Member Posts: 3
    I'm currently living in Atlanta, GA. But, will permanently move to SF bay area in August. My friend recommends that it's better to buy a new car in here than California, because it will be cheaper.

But, as I will live in CA, I think it'd be better to buy car after the move for future maintenance or etc. (Transferring the car from GA to CA is paid by the company).

So far, there's not many samples for the actual prices of JX, either in GA or CA. It looks like tax rates are similar to each other (Atlanta's Fulton county: 8%, Santa Clara 8.25%).

What'd be your choice if you were like me? Thanks!
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    I would buy in CA
    cars are generally less expensive in CA.
    More dealers means they will be discounted earlier.
    Possibility of getting damaged/scratched in moving.
    generally you get better service @ the dealer you buy from.
    Also remember lemon laws are state dependent...if you buy in GA then GA laws will apply...might be difficult to deal with living in CA.....hopefully you won't have to invoke it...but just in case...first model year
    Any opinions on pre-paid maintenance packages or extended warranties. Just picked up my jx and spent 3 hrs haggling over a bunch of bs and only 20 min learning about our new car and checking it out. Not the best experience.
  • fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    They're great for dealer profit margins.

Seriously, do the math on the pre-paid maintenance. Compare the cost of the contract v. the cost of buying the services as you go. If you save anything it'll be minimal. You might insulate yourself from price increases but you'll do so at the expense of having to pay for everything up front (or worse, finance it & pay interest) and you're locked in to just the contract providers to actually get the service. Which might be an issue if, say, circumstances force you to move or you find their service unsatisfactory.

Keep in mind anyone can do the service during the warranty period. As long as the work is documented, i.e. you get receipts, warranty coverage is not voided.

WRT extended warranties, they're just insurance policies that cover breakdowns. I've had them before & have gotten my money's worth but I've also had them and not used them at all. The common advice around here is to not buy the EW. Instead, stick the money in an account and use it to pay for any maintenance that the EW would otherwise cover. Unless the vehicle is a maintenance nightmare or you're unlucky enough to suffer a major breakdown - trans or engine replacement - you'll have money left over.

Infiniti's come with a pretty decent warrant as it is. 6 yr/70K powertrain. Their EW extends that to 8 yr/120K miles. So whatever the price you're not really extending coverage all that much.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
  • foodyfoody Member Posts: 11
    We traded in our one year old QX56 for a JX35. I gotta say.... it's a nice ride and very roomy inside. I'll miss the power of the QX but not the gas mileage. It's my wife's daily driver anyway, primarily used for chauffering around the kids. It came with the premium pkg, theater pkg, touring pkg, tow pkg, and roof rails.
    We got the VVP pricing. The sticker was $52,700 and paid $48,500. We live in SoCal and was very pleased with this dealership-Orange Coast Infiniti in Westminister.
  • thelistenerthelistener Member Posts: 1
    OK, as of today, it looks like if you can get a 5-7% discount off sticker, you are doing well. With that in mind, I'm ready to contact some SoCal Infiniti Internet Sales Depts for a quote on an JX35. But getting the email address for the ACTUAL Internet Sales guy is hard, as the receptionists simply forwards the call onto Sales, and then whoever answers in Sales says "That's me!". BS. I want to go around these guys. Anyone have any tips/lists about getting correct email address/contact info? Services like Edmunds that are supposed to do this for you only list two dealerships, and I want 5 to 8. Other advice?
  • brifromwibrifromwi Member Posts: 7
    Not getting near those discounts in the Midwest. In Wisconsin, getting quotes from MSRP to $1000 off sticker. Had to drive 3 hours to Chicago suburbs to get $1300 off sticker, plus some freebies. Stock here is scarce and the dealer I bought from had the color/pkg combo I wanted (Motor Werks Infiniti of Barrington, IL). IMHO, the JX is worth what they are asking for it, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the MSRP climb a few thousand dollars ( hell, a loaded Toyota Sienna has a sticker of $46,000!)
  • digital_bdigital_b Member Posts: 129
    edited April 2012
    I went to a dealership that I will eventually lease from on monday. spent 2 hours there having my leased infiniti ex appraised and driving an m and a jx. the m was a disappointment and eliminated from consideration. the jx was a dream. what a vehicle. drove with 18 inch rims almost exactly as well as my 01 lexus ls 430 which is the best car I have ever owned. told the salesman that I was only there to get information and because they wanted to assess my vehicle. after the test drive was told there are NO programs associated with the jx at this time which isnt a surprise since its new and successful. not surprising. the advice I read and will follow is to wait a few months until the prices come of msrp. same situation as when I got my lexus IS 350 back in 06. so dont whine about the prices not falling immediately. this is a good vehicle and the dealers are going to win at this time and in the near future. also I noticed that the packages are grouped in such a way that you cannot get all the features you want without getting some you dont. I hope infiniti fixes that aspect. the dealer also tried to jam prepaid maintenance and other crap into a lease. 2500 down on a 52000 vehicle for 739 a month. insane. had to fight laughing in his face. but my lease isnt up for 11 months so I have plenty of time to wait. dont act like a little girl and you wont be sorry.
  • mdx_or_jxmdx_or_jx Member Posts: 2
    I am also in the marker for the JX. From what people are saying on this forum, it sounds like there is a lot of hype for the JX (or true demand for the car--- it is hard to tell).
    With so many options out there, (MDX, better handling--- but JX has better interior design for families), the decision to pay sticker for the JX seems like a emotional buy rather than a logical choice.
    I wonder if people out there know that the Pathfinder 2013 looks exactly like the JX on the inside.
    I am kinda torn between the full price JX, 5-6k off for MDX and possibly a 10k cheaper 2013 pathfinder.
    Is everyone paying close to sticker for the JX? If I can get 3-4k off, I would get the JX.
    As for someone saying that a Sienna is 46k--- and Infiniti will increase JX MRSP... I don't think so--- with competition from MDX--- people in Southern Cal are getting 42k for mdx tech (with navi)... I think Infiniti is doing just fine with marketing, don't create the hype for the dealers--- we don't need consumers competing against each other.
  • jrheejrhee Member Posts: 4
    I'm not sure why you think it's overpriced. First, I've owned several Nissan cars and one Infiniti over the past 15 years. There is no comparison between the 2 concerning ride quality and fit and finish, regardless if the JX and the new pathfinder share the same frame. I don't believe the MSRP will increase, but, yes my wife's 2011 Sienna Limited FWD loaded had a window sticker of $46,400 (I can email you a photo of it if you'd like to see it). Personally, I think the MDX is an outdated vehicle: I considered one in 2007, but went with the Lexus GX470. Fast forward to April of 2012, and the MDX is basically the same vehicle as it was in 2007. It's up to you to decide if the new Pathfinder is worth waiting for, but even if you do, that won't sell for much of a discount for at least 4-5 months. Additionally, I think if you are willing to wait, you will get a better discount on the JX as it will have to compete against the Pathfinder.

The fact is that Infiniti has a decent crossover on their hands with the JX, and they know it. Dealers here in the midwest can't keep them on their lots. But like all new models, interest will eventually fall as will dealer pricing. I bought one now because I needed to make a switch. With a car loan from PenFed @ 1.9% interest for 60 months, the savings of waiting was negligible vs. interest rates climbing in 6-8 months.....
    I think you have to look at the MSRP as the introductory price. I have heard from multiple dealers that a price increase is on the way in the couple months. One of the first posts in this forum alludes to the same thing. I have a 2007 MDX and just put down a deposit on a JX35 today. I love the MDX but I wasn't going to buy a car in the last model year and I couldn't wait until next year. By waiting until next year, Acura left the door wide open for Infiniti to take market share. Overall, the price they are charging isn't far off from the MDX and the car has significant upgrades. I can tell you that I couldn't even find a model to test drive in my area. They can't keep them on the lot and most cars are sold or have a potential buyer before they arrive. I don't think it is over-hyped because the buzz and activity does exist. I guess we will find out for sure over the next couple months but this is what I experienced during my purchase.
  • mdx_or_jxmdx_or_jx Member Posts: 2
    I "misspoke" when I said overpriced. Infiniti prices for the base and packages are almost exactly like the MDX. (JX premium AWD is 47.5 and MDX tech is 47.5 tech)...
    They were going after the MDX and Audi buyers---
    What I should have said was that without any discounts, the JX is overpriced when negotiation is factored... So, the question is do I want to pay an extra 6k for the newer model of the JX... over the MDX.
    If I can manage to get 2-3 off the sticker the JX would make sense.
  • spicydocspicydoc Member Posts: 14
    Going through postings in the MDX forum. It seems that the MDX tech package can be purchased in the 41k to 42k range. I got an initial offering of 42999 for tech package and 48299 for the advance package without any bargaining yet.

For JX to sell well, should it be at a lower price than MDX?
    why would you sell a superior product at a lower price? This isn't wal-mart.... There is actually more to pricing than most consumers realize; it's more of a science than an art. Pricing a "luxury or premium" product too low can actually have a reverse effect on sales because the target consumer group senses there must be a reason it's so low. I think that the JX is properly priced for the current market. Like any new model, dealers are not willing to negotiate too far from MSRP, and frankly, they don't have to. With every new product, there is the "early adopter" buyer that is willing to pay the premium price. As the newness wears off, you will see the JX selling closer to invoice.

Take the Toyoyta Sienna minivan that I bought my wife last may. When it was released 9 months earlier, they were mostly selling at MSRP. I wasn't willing to pay MSRP, so I waited. I was able to get an almost $47k minivan for $40k by waiting. There will always be a price to pay by being an early adopter.
    I was just posting an observation for people to think over.

However, if you work for an Infiniti dealership (sorry if I am wrong, but you sound like so), then this is not a fair discussion.
    There were quite a few messages here to try to create a hype for the car / price and seemingly tyring to get the price up.

I am quite bothered by this. Since this is a new model, I would not be surprised that Infiniti has people here to try to manipulate the market to get a higher selling price for the years to come.

I posted the above original message to remind people the selling price is higher than a very popular competing car that was top-rated - not that I like the other or not, neither that I do not like this car (I have not looked at one yet).
    I think it is as simple as looking at a 5 year old model or a brand new car. When the Acura comes out next year, there will be similar discussions. The Acura model has basically the same technology as it did 5 years ago. The JX has 5 years of advances built in. I have a MDX and I love it - but the 2012 is the same as my 2007. You are going to get a deal on the Acura becuase it is the last year of this model. It is worth $5K for the upgrades? That is a valid discussion point. For me, it was. For others, the Acura may be a better value.

This is a message board for people to specifically discuss this car. People are here because they like or are interested in the car. In general, people are paying MSRP because that is what the market dictates and what dealers can get. I am not sure what other information you are expecting to see?
    this is a board for people to find out about prices and value. I posted a comparison with Acura MDX to counter those trying to get its price higher.

Yes, this is a luxurious car. The other poster and you should remind Edmunds.com to get rid of this forum more than reminding me that this is not Walmart kind of shopping. According your answers to my posting, luxurious car shoppers need not to bargain.

People are here to shop, not to hear why this is not Walmart or why they should not bargain. Do not waste our time.
    Acura MDX offered an incentive on Apr. 26, according to this site on Acura MDX forum. I received a call from Acura sales that he would reduce the above offer by $750. Again, no bargaining yet.

the other poster, who bargains at Walmart though?

would go look at JX too.
    edited April 2012
    doc... you're missing the point. Regardless if it's Infiniti, Ford or Toyota, there are very few dealers willing to knock down the window sticker price on a new model that has been available for 2 weeks. And no, I don't work for Infiniti.... I'm a businessman with an MBA from the University of Wisconsin.

When I bought my Lexus GX in 2007, I also looked at the newly redesigned Toytoa Highlander.... Same deal as with the JX, dealers would not negotiate from MSRP because it was a new design. I said screw it, and bought the GX for $4500 below sticker, which ended up being only $3500 more than the loaded Highlander at the time.

My point is that inventory is low.... Dealers are selling the JX before they roll off of the delivery truck. With that in mind why, as a dealer, would you sell a product for thousands less when you have customers willing to pay MSRP or close to it?

I understand where you are coming from, but I think your expectations on price are a bit inflated (at the moment)..... For some reason you seem to feel offended at the fact that Acura is offering all sorts of Incentives without bargaining, and Infiniti is not. This is business 101... When you have a product that is threatened by a new competitor and the competitor's product is superior, the only action you can take is to reduce the price.

Value is subjective. If I bought an 2012 MDX for $1K under invoice, I'd still feel I paid too much because the design is dated. Think of it this way... 5 years from now the 2012 MDX will look 10 years old because it was outdated in 2012.
  • foodyfoody Member Posts: 11
    I thought I'd throw this out there.... If you are in the military, active or reserves, you can get the VPP pricing. Check out the Infiniti/Nissan VPP website. Offer ends 30 Apr 12. Good luck!
    I negotiated the price of my jx in late march for what ended up being about $1500 over invoice.(about 3k off msrp). When I picked it up the invoice price had increased about $150. Not sure if this increase had made it to the msrp yet. As for the demand, I'm not sure it's as strong as some would like you to believe. I went to the auto show in jan and was informed that by the end of the show they would have a deposit on every jx in the first delivery batch (about 20). Went to the dealership in late march and they had a base awd jx as a tester. Was informed that they still had 1 available that I was interested in. Ended up gettingone transfered from another dealership. Went to pick mine up April 19th and they had sold the tester but had 3 or 4 available for sale from the first batch. These were the only ones they had received so far. Realized that a deposit on a future car doesn't really mean squat. I had been surprised that anyone would put a deposit on a car that they had not even seen in person let alone test drove.
    with the fed saying months ago that the prime rate will stay where it is thru 2013 you are incorrect with interest rates rising.
    speaking of availability, I went to the local dealer on the weekend that the jx became available. there was one on the lot and it was a demo. went a week later and there were 5 on the lot, the original tester and 4 others of varying options and colors which all had 'sold' tags on them. went on the 29th and there were 7 or 8 on the lot, none with sold tags on them, plus the same black/graphite demo. I think the heat is fading already. the dealer I visited last monday called me on the 29th wondering if I would make a deal if they were 'aggressive'. havent even opened the email yet; I will in the morning. I know Ill be corrected if I am wrong but I am guessing theres 15% markup on this vehicle which if I am correct would mean you can get 5k off on a deluxe touring/tech which by the way is priced exactly as an mdx advance and still give the dealer a healthy profit. time will tell.
  • jlwii2000jlwii2000 Member Posts: 6
    I'm surprised people are in such a hurry to waste their money on this vehicle. First paying anything close to MSRP is a ripoff, then these Infiniti's depreciate horribly in the first year alone. I was looking at an M that's lost $18,000 dollars in value the first year. If anything, I would lease this JX if it interested me that much.