Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti JX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• foodyfoody Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2012
    We were able to use VPP, so we feel fortunate. If we didn't have VPP, I would have waited until the dealers were willing to negotiate. You should be able to pick one up for invoice to invoice+$500 once the hype cools off. That's what we did when the '11 QX56 showed up. No matter what, the dealers ALWAYS make $$$. As the saying goes, "good things come to those who wait"!
    BTW, the JX35 is worth every penny, IMHO!
  • dengdengdengdeng Member Posts: 2
    JX35 AWD with Driver, Premium, and Theater:
    49K - close to 3K off of MSRP in Nashua, NH.
    Also gave me equity in my RX350 lease which was due next week.

Smooth process and great guys to work with! Very motivated since it was the end of the month.

Good luck!
  • spicydocspicydoc Member Posts: 14
    went to test drive a JX. Here is my thoughts.

The dealer had one demo, but does not have one for test drive. The one in the showroom did not look very impressive to me. It was a dark grayish kind of color - the exterior looks not impressive (another color, black or white, may make it look better in showroom?). The interior does not look expensive to me - the demo has dark color leather, which actually look a little cheap kind of leather to me (disappointed from impressions from pictures). The interior looks less luxurious than a MDX or M class.

Did not even get to turn on the car - so I did not get impressed by its technology at all. The instrument panel do not look expensive (as expected from reading reviews) by appearance.

If I test drive one, I may have a different opinion. If I see different color combinations, I may change idea. So far nothing to justify the much higher price than MDX, Lexus, both of which seem to be discounting price now (some people are getting MDX at $4000 below INVOICE).

More JX coming to this dealership in mid May, then they would have one for test drive - do not know if I can wait that long. The dealer suggests may discount $1000 below MSRP with small room for negotiation. If that is true, there does not seem to be a desire to even come back to test drive unless I still could not make a decision then.

The JX so far has a Walmart look with premium price to me (without getting the expensive packages, there is no reason to get a JX besides being a little roomier than MDX).
  • digital_bdigital_b Member Posts: 129
    dealer name?
  • myml1myml1 Member Posts: 3
    First thing is JX is not cheaper over MDX. Fully loaded MDX and JX both end up with sticker price 56k(MDX you can get 5k incentive JX not sure)

MDX has bigger engine than JX as well as power, torque
    JX seating arrangement is superior to MDX
    Technology MDX is a big winner, when its pick up auto cruise mode, picks up very smoothly and breaks smoothly, where as jx you can feel the vibration.
    Acura navigation is better and blind spot indicator is placed in a nice location next to the mirros, very useful.
    MDX handles and drives better.
    JX has more interior leather options
    as some one said in the forun mdx is upgraded in 2010 including the quality of leather. its not outdated to 2007, both are comeptetive but if you pay more than mdx its not worth it.
    mdx I drove 40 k miles, jx i dorve 1200 miles
  • shaolinshaolin Member Posts: 14
    The JX is not really a fair comparison vs the current-gen MDX, which has an outdated look. Let's compare the new MDX coming out next year vs this JX.

I like the JX a lot and think it's a solid value (if you get the Prem package, you have pretty much all the important options). But I will wait for the new MDX next year before making a final decision. By then, JX price will decrease also.
  • brifromwibrifromwi Member Posts: 7
    It's obvious from your previous posts that you've had a chip on you shoulder about the JX from the beginning. Perhaps it is you who are employed by Acura? All I can say is to each his own..... To me the MDX has a busy plastic dash. I also don't care for Honda's styling in general (look at the new RDX which is basically a dolled up CR-V). That said, there is a reason that MDX is selling for $4k below invoice, because that's what the market dictates. There is a reason the JX is selling for close to sticker..... That's what the market dictates.....
  • jlwii2000jlwii2000 Member Posts: 6
    If you're waiting for the MDX redesign, you'll be waiting until 2014. I wanted to see what the 2013 MDX would look like as well, only to find out when I called the dealer that the complete redesign has been pushed to 2014 and that the 2013 model will be essentially the same as the 2012.
    Funny, my dealer said VPP was not available on the JX back in mid April, then again in late April.
    That's ridiculous! Your dealer is lying to you. On the VPP website, it lists which vehicles are/are not available for VPP. The JX35 qualifies for VPP. I'd find another dealer.
    MDX and the JX are what apples are to oranges! MDX=VCR. JX=Blueray Player. Period!
  • moman2moman2 Member Posts: 2
    $41k for the FWD base model. No options at all because I think the base model is well equipped for my needs already - > leather, heated seats, sunroof, rear view camera, bluetooth. Bought it first week in April.
    You're right, they were lying. I would highly advise everyone to stay away from Dreyer and Reinbold Infiniti of Indianapolis, Indiana. They lied about VPP now they're saying Infiniti is rasing prices on the JX in a few months. I disproved that with an email to Infiniti directly. So right now they're two for two on lies. Buyer beware!
  • scott211scott211 Member Posts: 5
    My understanding is that the JX is based on the new 2013 Pathfinder Nissan will be putting out later this year. Anyone know if the Pathfinder will be available with the bells and whistles you can get on the JX (backup collision intervention, lane departure warning, etc.) I don't care about whether a car is fancy, but I do like all of the safety gadgets you can get on the JX, and if they also came on the new Pathfinder it would probably be around $10k cheaper.
    did you go thru the videos and pictures? I think that infiniti dealers will be making a huge mistake if they dont come down on pricing by the time the pathfinder comes out. it even has better roof rails. it has around view monitor which is awesome for parking. when its wrapped up in the winter testing video it looks EXACTLY like the jx. even down to the strips on the bottoms of the doors. do you need a fancy grill to buy this vehicle? I dont. it looks to be a step down in luxury but NOT in features and function at this point.
  • famouspaintfamouspaint Member Posts: 9
    The 2013 Pathfinder sounds like it has ALL the stuff I'm looking at on the Infiniti JX.
    Where can I see the pictures and video you mentioned?

Thanks
    Your statement is somewhat correct. The 2013 MDX will be the same, and the 2014 MDX will be the resdesign. However, you don't actually have to wait as the model will be released in 2013.

http://acuraconnected.com/2012/04/26/more-2014-acura-mdx-spy-shots/

As a side note, dealers rarely have correct info when it comes to redesigns. They may actually lie to get you not to wait. It's best to check car web sites.
    The new Pathfinder is the JX35... No doubt! The JX is dressed up with an Infiniti badge, at least that's how it appears from watching the video. We'll have to wait and see if the Pathfinder appears to be "drastically" cheaper than the JX. From the video&pictures, it doesn't look all that different from the JX. Now I'm beginning to wonder if the JX is worth the extra 10 grand :-/
    I'm going to wait on the final specs on the Pathfinder before making a decision. The status of the Infiniti logo is a nice bonus, but not worth $8-10k to me.

The current Murano has goodies like xenons, LED tail lights, heated steering wheel, heating rear seats, etc, so I expect those to be available on the Pathfinder also.
  • brifromwibrifromwi Member Posts: 7
    something tells me that a JX with the premium package will not be far off from a loaded pathfinder once it's released. Not to mention, by that time, a JX will be likely available close to invoice, where the pathfinder will be close to MSRP.
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    Don't know how long this will last but right now we have 31 JX delivered to only 18 G37 sedans this month! In Dallas, this vehicle is a huge hit! If you have not seen it in person, you should check it out! :D

I agree with some other post...JX = Blue Ray CD....others in the same segment = VCR tape...
    VPP is available, but dealers do NOT have to participate. Usually, all dealers will once the supply/demand even out. Can't get too upset with a dealer if they only get a few JX per month and don't want to sell them to employees and other VPP holders...not fair to general public.

We do honor VPP, but we got the largest allocation of JX in the country so we could afford to.

PS All Active military is VPP in case you didn't know!! :)
    Consider resell....you may pay $10k more for an Infiniti vs. Nissan, but you end up getting $7-8k back more on the trade-in down the line....so you really only paid a couple grand more during the cost of ownership. We see it all the time with M vs Maxima or G vs Altima, etc.

Crazy, but true. :D
    Yeah, I know. At the end of the day, it only matters as long as the purchaser is happy! We, my wife especially, are very happy with the JX.
    Now, I'm looking at buying a MDX for myself :-) It is way behind the JX, technology wise (aka VCR vs. Blueray), but I like how it drives. I'm hearing that the SH AWD is going away with the new models and I really dig that SH AWD. But that key fob on the MDX... yuk! It's like the key fob that used to come with an older model Mercedes. I think our 2002 ML350 had that sort of a key fob :-l
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    Consider insurance as well. Generally infinities are less expensive to insure..we realized that when we were looking between maxima and i30..cost differential in 10 years of ownership was only 200... Infinit had better service and one year extra warranty..and better interior.
  • sajr4sajr4 Member Posts: 5
    Have had my JX for 4 weeks now and I am so happy with it. I love the way the car looks and drives. So many great features and technology. Previous car was a Honda Pilot and you can't not even compare the two. First of all leasing and dealership experience was outstanding. The service and attention received was like no other. I believe you can not compare the luxury brands with their "regular" siblings. Yes you are paying more, but usually getting more as well.
    Infiniti's cost less than Nissan's to insure? That seems very shocking.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221
    Most of the "luxury" makes seem cheap to insure, given the greater acquisition costs...

Must have something to do with demographics...

Our BMWs are cheaper to insure than Hondas..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    Yes it is demographics...that's what my ins. Agent told me.
    Average age of 2000 Infiniti was (in summer 2000) was more thean the average age of 2000 maxima SE.
    We were surprised as well.
    Ended up with i30.
  • mrjackcoffeemrjackcoffee Member Posts: 8
    I am a guy (with family) but 90% is driving downtown solo for work. Would I look strange?
    So far we are selling about 50/50...so I'd say "no".
    seriously asking a question like this?
  • azshortyazshorty Member Posts: 27
    Just got my FWD Midnight Garnet with Premium, Theater, Cargo, and Deluxe Tourng packages. MSRP $51,095, bought it for $48,850 +TTL.
  • renee608renee608 Member Posts: 6
    Any updates on negotiations for the JX. I think i would be happy with the base model without all the bells and whistles. are they running any incentives or should i plan to pay MSRP?
  • ccdeviccdevi Member Posts: 5
    In the nyc area, awd with premium and drivers assist, also kickplates. msrp is 49945, agreed upon price 47400 plus ttl. Will purchase next week.
    We've seen our local competitors taking $1000 off and we've done the same for our previous customers.

It will depend on where you live and if there is much competition in your area. ;)
    This first incentive on the JX was announced 7/3/12.

If you are buying the JX (not leasing) and you finance with IFS, the dealer gets $750 dealer cash...most dealers will pass that along to you if their inventory levels are reasonable. :D
  • azshortyazshorty Member Posts: 27
    I easily got $2,500 off at Crest and I'm pretty sure Grubbs Infiniti was willing to beat that. Sewell never responded to my email so I'm not sure how low you could have gone.
  • tiger120tiger120 Member Posts: 7
    We went to the dealership today and were told that Infiniti doesn't produce base model anymore due to the market response. Maybe the sales is not so good, they will lose money to produce only base model. I will wait until later the year when Nissan has a new model with similar look. The price may drop by then.
    Yes, i was told the base model was eliminated. Couldn;t even order it. I, too am waiting for the Nissan Pathfinder. Unfortunately, they can't give a date when they will be debuting and there is no price information yet. how much less do you think it will be than the JX?
  • ccdeviccdevi Member Posts: 5
    Update. Ended up buying today from another dealership, this one on Long Island. $47,195 plus ttl, awd, premium, drivers assistance, kickplates, roof rails and cargo (the cargo I didnt even know about until we got the car home). So msrp must have been about 50,500. I saw online they had a color combo I preferred so I emailed them with the quote I had and they beat it by a couple hundred plus this one had the rails (and cargo). Car looks great btw.
  • tiger120tiger120 Member Posts: 7
    Nissan pathfinder will be at least 10K less than JX, now if JX has to have premium package, the difference will be ~$15K. Let us see.
    thanks for the info. in looking at the nissan murano, the price can get into the 40's. is the murano a higher price point than the pathfinder. in looking at this information i cant imagine that the pathfinder would be 10k less???
  • ineoxsineoxs Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    MSRP $55,000 paid invoice @ $50,277 through Erik Willis from Infiniti of Bedford in Ohio.
    and they still made about 1500 profit. which is fair in my book. good to see the heat is coming off finally
    It's hard to predict pricing on the new Pathfinder. You obviously can't compare it to the old Pathfinder as it's basically a totally different car. Perhaps it should have been called a Murano XL or Grand Murano :)

My guess is it will be a little more than the Murano. A fully loaded Murano is around $40k MSRP. New Pathfinder can't be too expensive though as then people will just go to the JX.

I think a lot of people are going to cross-shop a JX with only Premium Package vs a Limited Pathfinder. The Pathfinder will have a bunch of similar items as the Premium Package JX: keyless engine, wood trim, 13 speaker Bose, Around View Monitor, Memory Seats, Bluetooth, etc.

But people that want the advanced tech features of the JX (Lane Change Guidance, Advanced Cruise, etc) will have to stick with the JX.
  • beth_cingbeth_cing Member Posts: 2
    Just bought my JX35 with Premium & Driver Assist - Diamond Slate & Maple Accent with VPP. Got it for $44,691 + CA tax, fee = $48,948.92

What accessories am I supposed to get? Read here that some people got cargo, kickplates, splash guards etc. Are they included for free?
  • peterson6peterson6 Member Posts: 5
    is it AWD? i bet it is a good deal for AWD..
  • tanner10tanner10 Member Posts: 6
    Leave it to the OP to confirm, but I doubt that at that price it will be an AWD model with the packages mentioned. The best i'm seeing right now are deals that can be had right around invoice.