Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti JX Lease Questions

Comments

• jtmyob21jtmyob21 Member Posts: 14
    I was unable to close a deal on the JX35 anywhere in South Florida. All the dealerships had some kind of con game going on, and none of them were pricing their cars accurately. They were quoting me lease prices above the Infiniti retail lease price and they were all nasty and condescending. It reminded me of the last time I went car shopping in 2005. Acura had the same nasty attitude because they were on a high with the MDX and the TSX. Seven years later, I see Acura on the road here, but not that many. I did this time what I did in 2005 - I bought a Lexus instead, and Acura wasn't even on the list. Got a great deal and a beautiful RX 350 in crimson mica. Won't work for you if you need a seven seater, but if you don't need seven seats, the deals are there. And if you really want to get the JX35, just watch out for the braking assist that is featured in the commercials. There is a safety investigation because the JX35 has come to a sudden stop in the middle of the road.
  • russell99russell99 Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone have the august residual and money factor for a jx for 18k miles per year for 36 mos?
    Does infiniti set the rates for all dealerships (like Acura) or can they mark it up. Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello russell99. Infiniti Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jx35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00152 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I believe that 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that IFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will probably have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is usually less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

This is the lowest possible money factor that the dealer can charge you, but they probably are allowed to mark it up so make sure that they are using the correct number to calculate your payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • russell99russell99 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the info. I should have asked this with the original post, but do you have the 24 month numbers for the same mileage?
    You're welcome russell99. Infiniti Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Jx35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00173 and 71%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • wongkingfaiwongkingfai Member Posts: 1
    I am totally new to this and I am looking at leasing the AWD JX.

I saw this promotion Infiniti is running and was wondering if this is a deal I should jump on and what I should look out for in dealing with a lease.

$499 /month Lease for 39 months
    $3,799 initial payment
    2013 JX AWD with Premium Package
    Excludes taxes, title, license and options. Retailer Participation Required. Offer ends 08/31/2012.

Fine Print:
    Excl. taxes, title & lic. Retailer participation req. $3,799 INIT. PYMNT. REQ. AT CONSUMMATION (INCL. $3,300 CONSUMER DOWN PYMNT., $499 FIRST MONTH PYMNT). 2013 JX AWD with Premium Package subj. to avail. to well-qualified customers who lease through Nissan-Infiniti LT. Subj. to credit approval. MSRP $47,950 incl. dest. chrg. Net capitalized cost of $44,616 incl. a $700 non-refundable acq. fee. Retailer contribution may affect actual price set by retailer. Monthly pymnts. total $19,461. At lease end, purchase for $29,729 plus $300 purchase option fee (except KS & WI) plus tax, or pay excess wear & use plus $0.25/mile for mileage over 10,000 miles/year. Lessee is responsible for maint. and repairs. Disposition fee due at term. of lease. No security deposit req. See participating retailer for details. Offer ends 08/31/2012. Supplies of vehicle may be limited in some regional areas. Retailer inventory varies.

Thank you in advance.
  • chipdavischipdavis Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,

I was just made an initial offer by a dealer and wanted to get some input. Here are the details for a LEASE...

- $42,900: Car price (Base package AWD plus a few extras)
    - $7,000: Trade-in as down
    - .00157: Money Factor
    - 62% Residual of the MSRP ($26,976)
    - 39: Lease term
    - $439: Monthly payment

Thoughts? Does this seem like an okay deal? I'm having a hard time determining what's a good deal since this is a lease.

When leasing, how much more should I expect to pay over the negotiated car price if I purchase the car after the lease termination? I would pay a total of $51,097 if I purchase after the 39 months compared to the $42,900 car price. Is that about right for a lease? $51,097 = $17,121 (lease payments) + $7,000 (trade-in) + $26,976 (residual).

Thanks!
    Hi wongkingfai. This is Infiniti's nationally advertised lease for the JX. Savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition are usually able to negotiate lower selling prices, and in-turn lower pre-tax monthly payments than the ones that are featured in manufacturers' ads.

Car_man
    Host
  • hazard02hazard02 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    Hi Car_man,

Do you know the money factor & residual for a 2013 JX35 AWD with Tech, Premium, and Theater packages?

I'm looking at a 39-month 12k miles lease

Thanks very much!
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    There are 3 Sewell dealerships so not sure if you were at mine, but we do mark up the money factors in order to make gross profit. Marking it up .00021 is equivalent to marking it up a half point - IFS allows dealers to mark up the buy rate as much as .00083 (2 pts).

If your contact told you they were figuring your lease at one money factor but really figured it at another money factor - that is wrong (sleezy). However, if you just assumed they were using a different money factor - then you assumed wrong.

Our finance departments have overhead, employees, payroll taxes, % of the building cost - if they did not generate any income for the dealership then we would not and could not afford to employee them - who would get your lease set up? Who would handle getting all the paperwork and taxes paid with your local government - you the consumer? No...it is not "sleezy" to make gross profit in a business....even if they make a few hundred dollars on every deal - this does not ensure they will cover all expenses and make a NET PROFIT - which is our goal and the only way we get to keep our jobs. As in ALL businesses, including the ones you work at or your family members or your neighbors.

Please don't make us seem like the enemy for attempting to make a profit - if someone LIED to you - that is different and I apologize for my fellow associate.

If you think a dealership can NOT go out of business, check the recent history of Saab, Hummer, Mercury, Saturn, Pontiac....all those employees are or were out of work...they could not stay open because they could not make a profit.

Sorry for the soap box, but "sleezy"?? Come on...we have one of the best reputation in the entire industry.
  • boozoo99boozoo99 Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2012
    I have a lease deal on the table and wanted to get your opinion on it and see if there is anything more I should be asking for...

JX- White/Wheat combo
    Premium Package/Touring Package/Theater/Tech Package
    Price- $53k (I believe i need to get this down)
    Residual 59%
    Money Factor .00121
    Down- $3400 including first payment (Tag and Title will be additional)
    Payment- $600 (Tax included)
    12k miles
    39 months

Has anyone else priced a similar vehicle? Would love to hear your thoughts and what you are seeing.

Thanks!
    Hi hazard02. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 JX35 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00126 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • gmsmith21gmsmith21 Member Posts: 3
    Can anyone tell me the money factor and residual for:

JX AWD
    36 month
    15k/yr
    Top Tier

and

JX AWD
    39 month
    15k/yr
    Top Tier
    How's this for a quick reply, gmsmith21 :). Infiniti Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 JX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00124 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00126 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • sjcj0709sjcj0709 Member Posts: 2
    Car man, can you help me out on a money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease with 20k per year? I'm looking at a 2013 JX35 AWD with premium, tech, theatre, and deluxe touring. Thanks.
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    57% for 15k...add 10 cents per mile for the extra miles; you are asking for 16,250 extra miles over 39 months so the residual will be lowered by $1625...this is a bargain!

As for Money Factor - it ALL depends on your credit...range: .00136 to .00445.
  • gmsmith21gmsmith21 Member Posts: 3
    What are the mf and residual rates for the JX w/Premium this month? Looking for both T0 and T1 rates.

Thanks,
    GMS
  • miklk1miklk1 Member Posts: 5
    Any new incentives or discounts in Oct?

(I can wait till mid Nov at latest)
  • ggmorganggmorgan Member Posts: 7
    Sorry I don't know what T0 / T1 rates are but the quote I received today on a JX w/ Premium was .00126 and 57% residual. This was for 15K miles/year and 39 months.
    I am in the process of negotiating final number lease on 2013 JX35 Premium and Driver assist (MSRP 50,xxx) 15K per month 36 month I got them down to a decent number $47,xxx but wanted to check the money factor and residual. They are using .0023 which seems a little high and residual of 57%

Does that sound correct for the current numbers in Oct?

Thanks in advance!!
    Sorry, Also what is the numbers for same as above in 15K but 39 Month?
  • ohio441ohio441 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man, I was wondering what the money factor & residual were for a JX AWD, 39-month, 10k mile/year lease? Thanks!
    Hi gmsmith21. Infiniti Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 JX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00124 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier aka T0.

I haven't seen the numbers for T1, but they are usually .00020 higher than T0.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey miklk1. As you suspected, the money factor that you were quoted is way too high. IFS' October buy rate for a 36-month lease of a JX35 2WD is only .00119 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. If your credit is in good shape, make sure that the dealer uses a lower money factor to calculate your vehicle's payment.

Car_man
    Host
    The numbers for 39 / 15 are .00121 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go ohio441. IFS' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 JX35 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00121 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks, I did go to a different dealer and with the correct numbers used, worked out a better deal.

Thanks!!
    I'm glad that everything worked out for you miklk1.

Car_man
    Host
  • phantom5phantom5 Member Posts: 22
    Car man , could you please give me the residual value and money factor for a fwd. jx35 39 month lease 15/k per year.. Having top tier credit... Thanks alot
    Hi phantom5. Infinisi is scheduled to introduce it new November lease program some time today. I'll ask around and see what I can find out for you. Please post a reminder for me in this discussion and I'll let you know what I have been able to find out.

Talk to you soon.

Car_man
    Host
  • samny1samny1 Member Posts: 125
    Hi Car Man,

When you are able to find out the November numbers for a JX35 AWD could you please post them for 36 months and 10K or 12k. Also is there a difference in numbers for the Base, Premium, and Deluxe Touring? Sorry, just trying to figure out which model and combination is the best deal to suit my budget. All would be for top tier credit? NYC metropolitan area, Westchester county.

Thanks,

Stephen
  • sf_hokiesf_hokie Member Posts: 3
    Car Man,

i am interested in Jx lease rates for November as well (36mo, 12k or 15k miles)
    Quoted JX AWD with Premium & Driver Assist for just over $46k.
    edited November 2012
    Hi Stephen. I hope that you weren't to impacted by the recent storm. If you were, I heard that Infiniti is providing employee pricing to people who were impacted by it. You should look into that.

Infiniti Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 JX35 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00124 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

In terms of the lease program, only 2WD versus AWD makes a difference, the options such as Base, Premium, Delux...don't have any impact.

The lease program that I mentioned is actually available for Tier 0 and Tier 1 customers. Their 0 includes people with credit scores of 740 and higher. Tier 1 is 700 to 739.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings sf_hokie. Infiniti Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 JX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00124 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for leases with only 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • samny1samny1 Member Posts: 125
    Thanks Car Man. Thank you for the news about the hurricane pricing and thank you for your concern. I did OK in terms of loss/damage, some of my neighbors did not fare as well.

Stephen
    Thx car man
    What is the story with the 39 month leases Infiniti is advertising ( and seem to be quoting frequently)? Are the residuals and money factors the same as 36?
  • monacodkmonacodk Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2012
    Hey car_man,

Looking for lease factors for a low mile (10k) lease on a 2013 JX35 FWD. Top tier credit.

36 or 39 months

Also, do you know if Infiniti allows for multiple security deposits to buy down the MF even further?
  • ba81ba81 Member Posts: 7
    Is that price out the door? I went to few dealers and they quoted me 48k with premium package (that includes tax and all the bs fees).
    it's out the door from a lease perspective with a drive off of around $1k for first month & license fee ($0 security deposit) which was a nice surprise.

you should be able to get qutoes around $4k to $5K off of MSRP...i have multiple around $4500 off of MSRP obtained just via email.

i also used a service called carwoo.com which was somewhat helpful.
    Thanks for the info.

I can get the VPP discount but i'm trying to see if i can do better than that.
  • chicagojoe1chicagojoe1 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    I just got a 39 Month Lease on a JX35 AWD with Premium package and theater package.

-MSRP $50,160.
    -10,000 miles a year
    -0 down, 0 taxes, only 1st payment & doc & license was paid.

$595.

Is that good?
    You're very welcome sf_hokie. Infiniti Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 JX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00126 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi monacodk. Infiniti Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 JX35 FWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00101 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00105 and 57%.

Infiniti does allow multiple security deposits on leases. The last time I checked consumers were allowed to make up to 9 additional deposits with each extra one lowering the vehicle's money factor by .00010.

Car_man
    Host
    edited November 2012
    I just got a quote for a JX35 AWD lease with a premium package. here are the details

i am in CT (tax 6.35%)
    4k down
    479/mo including taxes
    12k miles

is that a good deal?
  • andre24andre24 Member Posts: 1
    May I ask where and how many months? Im in CT also and looking for the best quotes. This sounds really good.
    edited November 2012
    I got this quote from Devan Infiniti in Fairfield. It is a 39 month lease with 12k miles. The salesman said if you want a better deal try in December they may have something better.
  • kal74kal74 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at a JX with the Premium and Theater pkg plus roof rails, The price they gave is below, not sure if this is a good deal. I'm thinking the sale price is a good amount above invoice. I'm in PA if that helps..

Sale Price--$46,898 ($49,919 after tax, title and doc fees)
    39 month lease
    12,000 per year
    $3299 down
    $550 per month
  • mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    I'm in FLLD county as well. Devan Infiniti has never been in a rush to sell cars. They weren't competitive the two times I had them quote (both through the web and in person). Try Pepe Infiniti in NY. I leased my G35XS in 08' from them and they quoted me aggressively two years back on an M35X.
  • misterscmistersc Member Posts: 23
    edited November 2012
    Hello Car Man, hopefully you can help. Its been many years since I leased and looking for help and found this site to be very helpful. I am looking to lease a 2013 JX AWD with premium package. I live in the south shore of Long Island and with the hurricane and loss of so many cars, dealers not being aggressive on car prices as they are flying off their shelves. Most dealers dont provide transparency very easily. I got Legacy Infinity to quote me 57% residual and money factor of .001260 (3.02%). I am being offered $620 per month, 39 month, 0 down, all in which still sounds high. I have top tier credit. I was told this is $1700 over dealer invoice. Can someone please help on whether this is good or bad. This is the best I have so far with other dealers not even providing any transparency (ex. massapequa infinity).
    Thank you
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    I was looking at a JX AWD with premium package and blind spot assist. Dealer quoted me $499.00 a month pre-tax, with zero down, and only needed 1st month and motor vehicle fees. I do not know the details/breakdown of the lease. Personally I did not like the pickup of this vehicle very sluggish on acceleration. This is in contrast to other infiniti models which have amazing acceleration. Hope this helps. The dealer had alot of inventory in the back lot. Located in South Florida.