Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti JX Lease Questions

Comments

• jebster1968jebster1968 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone help me understand if we are getting a good deal on this lease?

2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD
    Premium Package
    Deluxe Touring Package
    Theater Package
    Tow package added by dealer
    MSRP $53,595

39Months
    12,000 miles
    0 Down

$660.00 per month
  • cpyle77cpyle77 Member Posts: 22
    All your numbers are correct as far as money factor and residual go. The AWD model is 56% and .00108. 15k is used to calculate all the residuals, then 2% is added if going to 12k, 3% for going to 10K. After that its just .10 per mile, done in 1,000 chuncks (16,000, 17,000 etc.). Truecar pricing for our market in Philly is $200 under invoice. Looks like your offer is about 2% over invoice (a fair deal), so there is only $25-$30 per month possible room left in that offer and the dealer would end up with sellers remorse lol. You would be better off asking for 3 years of Infiniti service included (a package good at any dealer) which costs them $500, but saves you 3 times that much over the lease. Hope that helps!
    It all depends on how much tax and reg fees are rolled into the deal. If those are extra, no not really. If it's a true $0, and includes the 1st months payment, tax and tags, then it would be about average. Looks like they are taking about $2,500 off if you were paying PA or NJ sales tax. Hope that helps!
  • hash2hash2 Member Posts: 32
    Hi Car_Man,

Are the March residual/MF unchanged for 39month, 10k/yr? Any incentives from manufacturer for leasing?

Thanks
    I backed into the latest offers on infiniti website and it seems the residual has improved from 59 to 61% for 39m, 10K. Residual has gotten slightly worse from .00108 to somewhere close to .00121. All in all, running the numbers based on the MSRP and sale price on their website offer, i get ~$13-14 improvement per month versus February. Hoping they will throw in some rebates too or atleast some loyalty discounts.
    You backed into those lease changes perfectly! The Awd money factor did go up to .00121 but the residual went up 2% as well giving an advertised $15 improvement. On a 39 month lease the impact is about $500 so for the 1st time in the JX35 history there is now $500 in dealer cash for retail buyers! Captive cash was carried over as well as the pull ahead program. Hope this helps everyone. Good luck out there.
    edited March 2013
    Confused by your "there is now $500 in dealer cash for retail buyers!" comment. Did you simply mean that due to better residual/MF combo vs Feb there is ~$500 to save on a lease or did you mean that there is an additional $500 incentive beyond the residual/MF change?

Also can the captive cash be used for leases or it is only for purchases?

I am in the market for JX this month. Have ~4 months left on my G37x so trying to collect data points on all available discounts for a JX lease before starting to negotiate a deal.
  • krunchtimekrunchtime Member Posts: 1
    Hey all,
    Need some advice here, I turning in my Nissan early baby on the way etc. Using the three month pull ahead which leaves me 4 months of payments left aprox. $1200. Which of the two below scenarios seems worth it? Or neither? A bit confused on all this. Maybe you all have a better idea of what I should be looking for in terms of a solid lease. Any info. Much appreciated!! Thank you

50,475 MSRP- premium package- all wheel drive

Capitalized Cost......      48,572.84   Pro-Rata..............         0.00
    Total A.M.O.'s........           0.00   Cap. Reduction........         0.00
    Service Cont..........           0.00   Tax...................     2,041.63
    Total Cap.............      48,572.84   License Fees..........         0.00
    Cap Reduction.........           0.00   Gov. Fees.............        12.50
    Net Cap...............      48,572.84   Advance Pmts..........       589.00
    Residual....58.00% ...      29,275.50   Security Deposit......         0.00
    Total Depreciation....      19,297.34   Bank Fee..............       700.00
                                            Total Drive Off.......     3,343.13
    Depreciation..........         494.80   Less Net Trade........         0.00
    Rent..................          94.20   Cash Due on Delivery..     3,343.13
    Monthly Payment.......         589.00
                                            Rate..................     1.210
                                            Term..................        39/15k miles

Above- This is including approx 1,200 in the remaning Nissan payments.

Below- With no money down same car - Nissan payments rolled in

Capitalized Cost......      48,572.84   Pro-Rata..............         0.00
    Total A.M.O.'s........           0.00   Cap. Reduction........         0.00
    Service Cont..........           0.00   Tax...................         0.00
    Tax...................       2,237.43   License Fees..........         0.00
    Bank Fee..............         700.00   Gov. Fees.............        12.50
    Total Cap.............      51,510.27   Advance Pmts..........       667.87
    Cap Reduction.........           0.00   Security Deposit......         0.00
    Net Cap...............      51,510.27   Total Drive Off.......       680.37
    Residual....58.00% ...      29,275.50   Less Net Trade........         0.00
    Total Depreciation....      22,234.77   Cash Due on Delivery..       680.37
    Depreciation..........         570.12   Rate..................     1.210
    Rent..................          97.75   Term..................        39/15k miles
    Monthly Payment.......         667.87
    Got a great deal yesterday and picked up the car same day.

JX35 AWD w/ premium, kickplates, 20" wheels, roofrails & crossbars, maple, cargo, etc.
    No drivers assist or theatre.

MSRP 51,890
    Discount ~5,200
    9 MSDs (4,500)
    Upfront - ~700 (1st month + doc fee + temp 30-day plates) + MSDs
    Monthly payment ~$450 including taxes
    Acquisition fee included in monthly payments
    MF before MSDs .00121
    Res: 61%
    39m / 10K

Was able to get this ~1025 below invoice. Reason: this car was parked at the Auto Show and so dealers get additional incentives from Infiniti. The dealer had 1 of each type of infiniti on the floor heavily marked down. The one I got was marked off $4k off MSRP but i was able to negotiate a better price. My car only had approx 20 miles on it as all the cars got trucked to the auto show.

I also returned my G37x which had 4 payments left, had a 30K service due next month, had annual registration due next month and had a minor ding for which 2 overpriced body shops had quoted ~1500. I was able to return the car free of any cost including getting my 4th payment paid by them.

Dealer was out-of-state, 125 miles away so I already have 150 miles on the car. Got exactly 23mpg on my drive (mostly highway).
  • dpduffydpduffy Member Posts: 3
    Car_Man,

I am working a lease deal for my wife on a JX35 with an MSRP of $51,522. The information is below. Please let me know if or how I can get this note under $600 without money down or MSD's. Thank you for all your help. Your information has been invaluable.

2013 Infiniti JX35 Black/Graphite Premium,Theater, 20" Wheels, IKP, Rear Bump, Roof Rails

Internet Lease Price: $48,522*$636 a month $645 down License Fee $202.50, Money Factor .00099, Residual amount $29,748.20, Document Fee $98.50

Thank you again.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi hash2. Infiniti Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 JX35 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00121 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Infiniti is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're welcome dpduffy. It's difficult for me to say how attractive the selling price that you were quoted is without knowing this vehicle's MSRP. I can tell you that Infiniti is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this model right now and that a typically equipped JX has a spread of around $3,500 or so between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. If I was in the market for one, I personally would shoot for a discount of $2,500 to $3,000 off.

The money factor that you were quoted is correct for a 39-month lease of a '13 RWD JX.

Car_man
    Host
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    My thoughts are to go with the 2nd deal. I do not like putting alot of money up front. I would only use up front money to lower the money factor via multiple security deposits which is refundable at the end of the lease. I would also check into 30 and 36 month leases. If infiniti does pull a head leasing then 39 month may be okay.
  • dpduffydpduffy Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for your reply Car_man. We were playing two dealerships against each other and it seems to have worked out pretty good. I was able to get one dealer down $3600 of MSRP with a final payment of $622/month with 0 down on a MSRP of $51,350. After I bargined with another dealer he gave me a more expensive jx35 with premium, theater, deluxe touring and roof rails. Let me know if I got a good deal please.

MSRP - $54,450
    Sale price - $51,150
    Money factor - .00099
    Residual - 58%
    Monthly note - $661
    12k miles/36 months
    First payment plus fees = $949 out of pocket.

Thank you for all your help. The finance manager never even heard of MSD so I had to school him on that. lol
  • gatordent2007gatordent2007 Member Posts: 10
    Hi all,
    Was offered, what I think is a good deal, but would like input. Fully loaded fwd, msrp 56k and change. 0 down 659/month for 39/12000 or 0 down 649/month for 39/10,000. They are taking in the wife's fx a month early.
  • yidengyideng Member Posts: 3
    Hello. I'm looking for MF, Residual for 12K and 15K miles lease on JX AWD for NY/NJ market. My supposed friend is quoting me 2300 drive off with 630 (incl tax) for 12K.

Please HELP ME!!!
    You know what they say..."If you can't (blank) your friends, who can you (blank)" ...lol Anyway, to answer your question, the 39 month residual at 15,000 miles per year is 58%. 12,000 is 60%. For the 1st time in a long time, the 36 month residual is exactly the same but the money factors are different. .00121 for 39 months, .00104 for 36 months. I hope that helps!
  • gpman25gpman25 Member Posts: 4
    Anyone getting these cars below invoice? If so, by how much?

I'm looking at an AWD JX that's about $54,235 and according to your site True value is $49,873 ($100 below invoice).
  • marlinsjmarlinsj Member Posts: 1
    I have 3 payments left on my M37, and am looking at getting a JX for the space.
    They are offering a JX with premium, deluxe touring and Theater pkgs,12k miles, 39 monh term and paying my last 3 lease payments of 739 for a $617/mo , including tax (upfront includes first payment and tax).

Sales tax is about $1,149 or $29/mo.

Does this seem like a good deal?

I am also considering a a Pathfinder if the payment is much different.

Any thoughts or advise??
  • ianfickianfick Member Posts: 1
    Maverick: There are only partial truths to your post. The dealer gets zero kick-back and the salesperson ends up with what is commonly known as a mini commission. The dealer only gets back money from Infiniti IF the surveys are above the national average. Most customers who shop for a luxury vehicle and expect to pay invoice end up finding some fault with the sales process and give a "bad"survey. Would you go to a Steakhouse and ask for a discount? Would you go to a barbershop and ask to pay 18 bucks for a posted 20 dollar haircut? Why is it that people think that car dealers and salespeople should starve? Pretty soon what will happen is that all dealers will be subscribed to fixed pricing. No DISCOUNTS from the posted price. Its coming so get used to it. Personally Im tired of going through a 3-4 hour process and recertification and sales meeting and training in order to end up with a small commission. You dont work for slave wages. Why should I?
  • ma91pmhma91pmh Member Posts: 16
    Are there any tricks for getting VPP if you do not work for any associated company?
    edited March 2013
    Here's the information that you're looking for yideng. Infiniti Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 JX AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00104 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease of this car with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • yidengyideng Member Posts: 3
    Hello.

Thank you guys for helping me with Residual/MF.
    I've been quoted the following on 15K lease JX35 with Premium Pkg only.

$560 incl tax
    $1560 due at signing.

According to the math (using cpyle77 and carman's help) it seems like it's 1500 above invoice.

Good deal??? Should I take it??

Does anyone know from experience, if I will get lower payments if I choose to go with Pathfinder Platinum???

Thank you guys
    I backed into a $560 payment, but don't see $1,500 left for the dealer, unless you are using the "VPP" business associates program. Even then, it's still a very fair deal with a much smaller margin. I worked up a 39 month lease (cheaper than 36 by about $25 per month) on:
    2013 JX35 AWD, with Premium, roof rails, cross bars and IKPs.
    $50,075 MSRP
    $45,869 Sale price (invoice $46,369)
    15k per year, 39 months, payment-$561.50.
    58% residual, ($29,043) .00121 MF. Base payment $469.08.
    This includes your 7% NJ tax ($1,177) paid upfront.
    The $700 acq fee capped
    1st payment paid upfront ($561.50)
    NJ title, reg and doc fee also capped ($637 est)
    This would come to a total of $1,738 due at signing.
    Unless you are currently working for a company that has a corporate program with Infiniti (you can check www.insidenissan.com to find out) I would dare say you are getting the best deal possible. If you need any help securing that deal, just let me know. I have "friends" in your area that can make that deal happen whenever you like...

Good luck with your purchase!
  • emhernandez5emhernandez5 Member Posts: 1
    What is the MF and residual on a 2013 jx35 fwd?
    Help needed from someone with expertise. I live in NC. Here in NC when I lease a car sales tax is not charged on the purchase price. Instead it is charged on the monthly payment. In addition there is a property tax due to the county, and this has been charged to the lease company who then bill me after they pay it. The tax here (which is not technically sales tax it's "highway use tax" but has the same impact) is 3%.

I have found a dealer in Maryland willing to sell me a JX35 for a price that works for me. We want to lease. When the dealer runs their lease it runs it under Maryland rules where sales tax (6%) is added to the purchase price, and they also add in a very conservative (i.e. high) estimate of the property tax and this is baked into the upfront payment. This is bad for many, many reasons for us. It bumps up the payment to a level that outweighs the cap cost benefit of the price offered.

Is there any way for a dealer in Maryland to do a lease for me under NC tax structure, or am I stuffed?
  • atorreonatorreon Member Posts: 1
    just got a killer deal on a JX AWD with premium, theater and drivers asst package. MSRP came out to be $53190. Walked out of the shop with 12k mile a year, 39months for $550.00 a month. $1000 down which included 1st months payment and license.
    Which state was this in? Making some assumption about that and resulting tax rate, I am estimating you paid around $49k for the car which looks a good deal with Edmunds showing a TMV of $48,758.

Did you qualify for VPP?

I am really wondering if the low TMV's are due to people getting $1750 off due to VPP? I am struggling to get dealers to take invoice (which is where the TMV's are at). It's month end and I have offered invoice to a number of dealers on a number of cars and not getting a single bite.
    My math using 5% taxes tells me selling price was just below $47.8K ie approx $1K below invoice and $5.4K off msrp.

Am wondering if Infiniti has some crazy volume incentives in place on JX for dealers prior to them converting into Qs which is why some of these guys are willing to go well below invoice.

Just wonder why people dont use MSDs often. I ended up saving approx $75/month using MSDs on my lease. If you have extra $5K sitting in the bank, MSD gets you far better return than almost any investment out there.
    Yeah I was using 3% taxes so we are probably close

Frankly the average American barely has $5k in their 401k plan let alone sitting around in cash to apply as a 3 year deposit. And the average Joe doesn't get that the ROI is like 15%.

But yes I am very curious why these models are pricing so low, yet I can't even get a deal AT invoice. VPP is the only explanation I can think of.
    hash2, you are 100% correct with your MSD comment. I think most people don't understand the program or think there must be some sort of catch involved. Right now, the JX35 is the perfect model for this since the money factor can be reduced the max of 9 (.009). Plus when the 2014 Q50 and QX60 are released, dealers won't be as aggressive as they are now with the current G37 and JX35s, so MSD's will be one of the best ways to save money on a lease until supplies catch up.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    I did a lease on a G37 in 2011... the base MF was .00091

With 9 MSDs, my MF was .00001.... :)

$4050 in MSDs saved me about $2000 over the lease term...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• new2leasingguynew2leasingguy Member Posts: 1
    Looking to get thoughts if this is a good lease. Never leased before not sure what is good or not, but here is what I have negotiated up to this point on a fully loaded jx.
    Msrp - 55,945
    Discount-4965
    Adjusted sales price 50980
    Trade 10000
    Sale sub total -40980
    Total after fees and taxes -43895

24 month lease $364 a month, mf .00088, LEV $37483
    36month $395, mf .00098, LEV $33007
    39 month $385, mf .00099, LEV $32448

Is this a good deal? Which one is best, this is based on 12k miles per year.
  • windrockwindrock Member Posts: 5
    Would like the opinions on this deal from the team here. I had negotiated a deal and then saw all the talk on MSDs and converted what I was planning to pay down to MSDs.

MSRP 49,390 JX AWD, Premium, Kick plates, Roof Rails
    Dealer 300 Advertising
    120 Warranty Gap
    199 Window tinting

VPP Price 46,015 (sales tax is 6.25% and tags are 260.69)

Original Plan - $5,500 down, Monthly payment of $497.39 / 12K / 39 months

MSD Plan - $900 down, $4,550 MSDs, Monthly payment of $568.47/ 12K / 39 months

Sum of payments with option A is 24,400.82 and MSD Option is 22,501.86 or savings over 39 months of 1,898.96 by parking $4,550 with Infiniti Financial for 39 months.

Question - 1) Is the deal structure good? and 2) Am I missing something on MSDs. Seems like a good use of money. Dealership said many folks didn't do them. My rep had to go ask about them and what they were.

The money factor on the base deal is .00144 and on the MSD deal .00074.
    Residual of 39 months / 12K / year is 60%.
  • killua117killua117 Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2013
    JX35 AWD with premium package + theater package + Driver assistant package

MSRP - 53,585
    12,000 miles/year
    39 month lease
    9 MSDs
    Total out of pocket: $1000 (license, registration, first month)

Payment: $545/month (including 6.25% tax)

What do you guys think?
    JX35 AWD with Premium, Touring, Theater & Technology package, plus illuminated kick plates and cargo pack.

MSRP sticker of $56,710
    Negotiated price of $51,400 (invoice $52,000, Edmunds TMV $51,900)
    Doc fee of $699
    Acquisition fee of $700
    TTL $68
    Gross Cap Cost $52,966

39 month / 15k per year lease.
    $0 down
    $4,950 refundable security deposit (9xMSD)
    $557.58 monthly payment
    Residual 58% ($32,831.88)
    MF after MSD 0.00031 (0.74% APR)

Very happy with this deal. Negotiated the whole deal using online chat. Started online chat with two dealers in NC and went with the best of two great deals. It was Lake Norman Infiniti just outside Charlotte, NC. I will say they were fantastic start to end, no b/s in negotiating the deal, no attempt to up-sell bunch of crap when we went to close the deal, and sales guy gave us an enthusiastic and comprehensive overview of the car when we arrived. I would definitely do business with this outfit again. Started chat at 10am Saturday morning, driving away with the car at 5pm - and it was a 3 hour drive to get there for us!

I am sure it helped that yesterday was the last day of the month and the quarter for those dealers not open today.

No use of VPP program and no incentives I am aware of for lease, so assume deal was driven by volume goals
    windrock-I would just double check your money factor, otherwise you are all good to go. The Top Tier money factor for an AWD (good through today) is .00121, so with 9 MSD's you are looking at .00031. Since each MSD lowers the rate by .00010, even starting with .00144, (marked up .00023) .00054 would be the rate using the max of 9 MSD's. I would ask why it's not .00031 personally. Their Finance Manager will still get a flat $150 from IFS for doing the lease at .00121 (less any MSD's) so there is no good reason to mark up the rate just to get that money from you instead.

Hope this helps save you a couple bucks. Enjoy your new JX!
  • drjay1drjay1 Member Posts: 30
    I am looking to lease a new Jx35 and wanted to know if April's residuals and money factors. Also if there are any loyalty money or dealer cash or incentives. I have a trade with negative equity and need all the help I can get.
    Although Infiniti rolled out the "Limited Engagement Spring event" today, the JX35 programs remain unchanged. The 36 and 39 month 15k residuals are both 58% (AWD) and the money factors are still .00104 and .00121 respectively. Remember to add 2% fo 12k and 3% for 10k and you are good to go. As far as your trade negative equity goes, check out Autotraders "Trade-in advantage" and see what they will buy your car for. I'm seeing more and more people having success with this so maybe it will pick you up a few bucks. Good luck!
    Hi emhernandez5. Infiniti Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 JX35 FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00098 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • billybug1billybug1 Member Posts: 13
    edited April 2013
    Thanks to ma91pmh for his deal points. Because of your hard work I was able to get a similar deal.

JX35 AWD with Premium, Touring, Theater & Technology package, plus illuminated kick plates, tounneau Cover, and first service free.

SILVER/BLACK

MSRP sticker of $57,100
    Negotiated price of $51,400
    Doc fee of $80
    Acquisition fee of $700
    TTL : $400+
    Gross Cap Cost $53,117

39 month / 15k per year lease.
    $0 down
    $5,390 refundable security deposit (9xMSD)
    $537.99 monthly payment (Including tax)
    Residual 58% ($33,118.88)
    MF after MSD 0.00031 (0.74% APR)

LOVE THE CAR! THANK YOU FOR THE HELP!
  • ucfducfd Member Posts: 1
    Hello and good job on that deal. I am also trying to lease a JX. Two questions:

1. The TTL is 68.00? The dealer I am working with cannot make sense of this.

2. Was the tax included in the 557.00 or was the tax extra?

Thank you in advance, UCFD
  • billybug1billybug1 Member Posts: 13
    I would suggest you take the deal points I wrote and have them work those #'s

This deal was $-200 below the dealers holdback and I called 4 other dealers none of which could touch this deal.

I had one dealer tell me it was impossible and that if that deal existed he would go lease 4 of them.

Anyway, my lease pmt includes tax

Good luck you will love the car
  • chirayu18chirayu18 Member Posts: 3
    I have some flexibility in when I need the JX. With the new 2014 models coming out in a few months, will I get a better deal on a 2013 JX now or after the new models come out?

By "better deal", I'm looking for lower cap cost from additional incentives and/or lower money factor.

This is what I have been quoted so far on a 39 month FWD JX base model.
    total cap: $43.5k
    residual (59%): $25,225
    with 9 MSDs, MF = 0.00037
    Monthly payment = $477
  • shooter_11shooter_11 Member Posts: 10
    Currently working on a deal for a JX with Prem, Driver Assist and Theater:
    NJ lease (7% tax rate)

MSRP 53,895
    Sale price - $49,733
    Money factor - .00121
    Residual - 58%
    Payment - $ 613
    15k miles/39 months
    First payment plus incept fees = $2k out of pocket

Not sure if I can do better...
  • ch_car_shopperch_car_shopper Member Posts: 5
    The deal I'm currently working on with a dealer in So. Cal is probably as good as possible. But wanted to get thoughts and feedback.

2013 JX w/ Premium Package and Driver Assist
    12K miles per year
    36 months
    $2,700 down
    $483 / month payment

Went to the dealership yesterday and couldn't get to a deal but received an email revising their offer to the one listed above.

Am I missing something or should I take it and run?
    I'll take a look for you now. In order to be sure, just let me know the actual MSRP (little options can swing the final price by well over a thousand bucks) and how much of your $2,700 is going towards tax and tags (I have no idea what So. Cal has for a tax rate on leases).
    Hopefully they are shooting straight and you can get your new JX35 soon, but it never hurts to check.
    In short, your deal is good. A couple hundred dollars over invoice is completely fair in the current market. Although some places will do dead invoice, or even a buck or 2 under invoice, remember to watch out for B.S add ons like high "doc fees" or extra "prep fees" that suck that savings right up. I love the $200 sticker pin stripe lol My advice is this. Tell them the deal is fine (your rate and residual are spot on) however you would really appreciate it if they could include the Infiniti maint. package with valet pick up and delivery. Infiniti has basic plans that just cover your scheduled oil + filter changes, with tire rotations, for 3 years/45,000 miles (every 3,750 miles). Better dealers offer "perks" like this and the package only costs them a few hundred, yet saves you 3 times that over the course of your lease making it a win win. Good luck to you and enjoy your new JX35!
  • ch_car_shopperch_car_shopper Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2013
    Thanks cpyle77! We left the dealership without getting the details because their offers had been too high. We originally were looking at a FWD with the Premium package that was $500 below invoice, however my wife really wanted the driver assistance package. My salesperson is out today and tomorrow but I have asked for MSRP, Sale Price, MF and Residual. Before leaving he offered an AWD w/ Premium and Assist for $500 out the door all tax included with $2,495 down. About ten minutes after leaving he texted with the same car, AWD w/Premium and Assist for $483 all taxes included and $2,700 down for 39 months. The sales tax in LA County is 9% so I think its a good deal but until I see the requested numbers I'm concerned he's playing games with the numbers. Thanks for all help you can provide.
    Glad I can help. I'm sorry you have to wait 2 days (don't you hate the reaction you get once they realize they have to earn an honest living with you lol) but it gives you time to prepare a deal that makes the most financial sense for you and your family. Always explore MSDs ( multiple security deposits) as a way to save money on interest you will be paying (take your money factor and multiply by 2400 to begin). Right now, your JX AWD money factor is .00121 with top tier credit (which they can help fight to get for you) and this can be bought down to .00031. The savings is over $2500 (im on my ipad sorry for not being exact) on a 39 month JX lease just for letting The bank hold on to your 9 security deposits which you get 100 percent of back at the end. So your payments drop close to $80 per month and you get all your money back. If you total it, you get it back, stolen, traded early, bought off lease, in every case you get the money back. Only if you turn in a damaged vehicle or go over mileage, then stiff them on the bill would that money ever be kept from coming back to you. The amount of each one is equal to your base payment (no use tax) rounded up to the next $50 (488 would be $500) and for every one you give them, you get a nice rate reduction of .00010, or in English just under a quarter point (.24) so using the max of 9, you save just over 2 % apr. In short, invest $4500 for 39 months, get a return of between $2500 to $3000 with essentially no risk. Ok enough of that. On to the price. Nice job with the $500 under. Doesn't leave them much room plus you need to be aware of any attempts to make it all back unethically. What is their dealers "doc" fee that is included in your taxes and tags? Some states keep it regulated low ( PA is just over $130) where next door NJ is up to $750. The fee is almost always "company policy" just simply add it back to your sale price to compare how far under invoice you really are with other offers. The residual is stone and the bank won't accept it if its wrong. This leaves you 2 areas to explore. Anything they can do for you to save you time and anything they can include that will save you money or increase its value. This can be a lot of fun since they can often times give you a dollars worth of value, at a much lower cost to them and in many cases its a win win. For example retail maintenance plan $895, costs them $450, saves you $1500 in service bills over the lease, vs $450 off the price, lousy $13 per month payment drop. Hope this helps, gotta run!