Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Edmunds Member Spotlight - Meet Fezo! - June/July 2012

13»

Comments

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,557
    you've been through teenage daughters.

I guarantee they would consider not being able to find their cell phone to be an emergency!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384
    Today's Daily Idiot.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
  • Options
    a new feature. I like it.

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited June 2012
    I guess my question is whether the woman is suing or is her insurance company suing, to try to recoup what they've paid in medical expenses.

Sounds like from the other link that it's just her. But if she wins, then her insurance company will probably sue her for reimbursement.

It's the great American pastime (suing, not baseball. :shades: )
  • Options
    I believe it is her suing. But, not quite as bad as it sounds (suing a little kid). More like she is suing the LL's insurance company, but to do that, you have to sue a person for the actions.

once that happens, the LL insurance steps in, and they probably assign a lawyer for the kid.

sounds off that it could not be resolved normally thru the insurance (unless she just did not have any?)

• Options
    I was once on a jury in a trial that was clearly driven by the insurance company. A woman was suing a guy she hit in a parking lot. She lost but took up an otherwise perfectly good day doing so.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
  • Options
    We'd been mentioning hosts that have been here forever. Today I see a post from kcram. I'm not normal in his forums. Another really long termer.....
  • Options
    I'm not normal in his forums.

Boy, what a setup....
  • Options
    And you didn't spike it? :P

Here's today's Daily Idiot.

"OK, when you hit the 15th tee, take a left.".....
  • Options
    jg88jg88 Member Posts: 59
    Idiot #1 - the fine is fine. However she also should have cell phone account suspeneded for 30 days.

Idiot #2 - not so much an idiot but certainly unfortunate. Having had my orbital broken many years ago, the pain is pretty bad for many years.

Idiot #3 - yes, this one is a fully qualified idiot. Wish the gps told her to jump off a bridge, she'd have done it. The little white ball directly under her transfer case would be in the official rules of golf, an unplayable lie. Much like the story she tried to foist off on the police about her gps.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fezo, am going to call youse to talk baseball...can you believe them Pirates?
  • Options
    What the heck is it with the Pirates? Now I have to look more to figure out what they are up to.

Right now I'm having all I can do to figure out how the Mets are still 5 over .500 and hanging around.
  • Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,434
    Fezo - the Mets are playing fantastic right now. Over the weekend, all 3 games could have gone either way (believe me, I'm very happy with the outcome). The Mets NEVER gave up. Collins should be NL Manager of the Year.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    Just when I think they are having a special season, and they did play string if not quite string enough games against the Yankees, they go back to being the Mets last night. Back to back three base errors.....
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    Those 'amp ups' they took to compete with the pin stripers wore off.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    This is getting bad. I'm having trouble finding Daily Idiot events. By all means I am talking nominations...

No old dumb crooks stories. Those are great but I'm looking for current gems....
  • Options
    OK. We'll try great car songs - The Way I Drive.

Too much truth there, Kemosabe!
  • Options
    Didn't George Carlin say "If you drive faster than me you're crazy, if slower than me, you're an idiot"? Of course it was much funnier the way he said it.

Hope everyone has a great 4th of July! (And don't drive like crazy idiots.)
  • Options
    If I remember right the idiots drive slower than you and the maniacs drive faster.....

How's Texas treating you?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
  • Options
    Hokey smokes, Bullwinkle!
  • Options
    Bullwinkle is what I named our '04 expy...
  • Options
    Now for those here who go back far enough you should know that long ago we had a long running hit series of topics here (back then you could overload a topic and have to start version 2,3,4....) called Ask Sir Fezo. (For those wondering I was knighted by another poster some time around 1997.)

I notice now that Edmunds.com is using the motto "Ask the Car People." They have gone so far as to trademark it. Your Sir is beginning to think that his creative powers have been used for commercial purposes with no compensation (though I got a really nice jacket for having this topic...).

So now everyone should howl in protest to our overworked hosts.......
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,362
    Hear! Hear!

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Fez, I don't think you can copyright the word "Ask" but you can ask... :P
  • Options
    Maybe I should have tried to get an angle on "the.".....
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Good one!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- - ----
    However, if pressed, I'd yestify that Sir Fezo is indeed due a % of the advertising fees associated with this site as he has spurred on remarkable increases in viewership and click through. Or perhaps Edmunds could see to it that cars they test cycle to the Sir's driveway a week at a time on a regular basis. Let him add his 2 cents as part of the review. I can visualize a Panamera 4s in the drive next to the Ody...
  • Options
    Okay, then we'll comp him on his membership dues :P
  • Options
    I LOVE your idea and it only confirms my opinion of you as a poster with superior intelligence but must break one bit of news to you - no more Ody. I am officially out of the minivan biz since October. Maybe should be in some 12 step program....

I traded it in at another poster's dealership on a 2007 Solara convertible. With rare exception, such as being released to home tomorrow with all my junk, I don't miss the van. This winter was mild enough that I've had the top down every month I've owned the Solara. Well, for April and maybe May my wife had to have the top down but she somehow made the sacrifice......

Let's see when they send me Panamera 4s. I'm ready. I'll even do a long term test for them at little extra charge...
  • Options
    Well then, if the Sir supports the idea, it must have a high degree of merit otherwise he would never throw his full support behind something not worthwhile. As far as waiving the fees, our host, while being fully in command of the obvious, is dare I say almost denigrating this concept in the presence of the Sir himself. Brave? We shall see.

Sorry about the Ody. But a ragtop that is not a Miata? Am surprised and a bit impressed by your open-mindedness, or opentoppedness.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Well we'd have to test this theory. We'll have fezo banish himself from the forums for say a week and then see if we notice a massive drop in Forums visitors. :P

Actually, since Edmunds Forums are not Facebook, I'd guess that a small % of revenue might not quite add up to the cost of the stamp to mail him his check :P

However, it's my impression that :shades: Edmunds has always valued quality over quantity when it comes to membership.
  • Options
    Possibly stock options for the Sir? It's a win-win!
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    The time has come to feature another member, but this isn't being shut down. It will move over to the OTC and you may continue there.
  • Options
    I'm being replaced!

I've been missing a while. After they let me go home for about ten days I developed bad headaches which turns out to be toxoplasmosis - something I've had to deal with all my life. This time as a lesion on my brain. Nasty thing and no telling how long I'll be laid up.

Stay tuned.
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,948
    oh good grief!
    sorry to hear it, fez.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    oh good grief!

Absolutely.

Keep positive & keep us posted.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    Lesion on the brain. That explains your posts. ;)
    Just kidding. You know where to post about your progress.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Sir Fezo can never be replaced. :)

Ugh about the toxo. :sick: Hope you're feeling better soon!