Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Acura ILX Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
edited January 2014 in Acura
Ask your ILX lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• therastheras Member Posts: 95
    Hello All,

This may be in the wrong forum but I've found this site helpful in the past and I do not see any lease discussions about the Acura ILX. I am trying to get the residual value (10K miles per year) and money factor on a 36 and/or 39 month lease. I am interested in the Acura ILX 2.0 Tech package or the ILX Hybrid with Tech.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated.
    Thanks SergeyM and kyfdx - I wasn't sure how to do this!!
  • hotdealz25hotdealz25 Member Posts: 1
    In nj I was quoted at 3500 down 290 a month 6 speed w/premium package what do your think? Oh and a 39 month lease
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're in luck, theras, Acura just introduced a new special lease program on the ILX a week or two ago. Before that its lease program was unsupported.

Acura's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 ILX Tech with 10,000 miles per year are .00110 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an ILX Hybrid with Tech are .00110 and 61%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi hotdealz25. What is this car's selling price? Let us know, it will make it much easier to evaluate this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • rxrichrxrich Member Posts: 1
    Lease deal at South coast acura in southern california

I was able to get a tech package ilx black on black for my sister-in-law at $279 a month (which included tax and license), 3500 down (that includes total drive off), 36 month lease term, and 12k miles per year. I was shopping around and this was the best deal that I was able to get in the southern california market. Hope this is a good deal and someone else can use it as a baseline shopping tool.
    Thanks for the numbers Car_man! It appears the dealer I'm working with currently is trying to rip me off. Plus RxRich, I'm nowhere near your numbers so I'm sure better deals are possible. I am currently at $475x39 months with 0 up front for the Tech and $535x39 with 0 up front on the Hybrid, tax not included.
    The dealer keeps pushing a 39 month lease. Are the rates any better for this? Also, I've been told the Tech package really lowers the residual value. Does anyone have similar data (36 or 39 months, 10 K) for the premium package?
    Thanks again. I like the car but these prices seem really high in comparision to the MSRP.
  • robtroxelrobtroxel Member Posts: 103
    edited June 2012
    We went to the dealer today looking at the ILX Tech package ($32,300 sticker) and was quoted this on a 36 month lease, with 15 K miles yearly and $2000.00 total out of pocket at $410 monthly!! The deal is so far out of the ball park so we said no thanks and departed. Now next on the list is a loaded Dodge Dart price and a Buick Verano price.
    You're very welcome theras. The dealer was right, the 39-month term would result in a slightly better monthly payment than the 36-month term. It has the same money factor and residual but three additional months to spread out the initial depreciation hit over.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_man! I am going to wait a little and hope the deals are better.
  • jett456jett456 Member Posts: 50
    http://www.acura.com/tools/shopping/CurrentOffers.aspx?model=ILX

Does the base model have a sunroof? I know it doesn't have power seats which is ok but I do want the sunroof. I think this deal seems fine for zero down. Maybe I can get the price a bit lower if I wait a few more months. My honda lease is up in January.
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Yes, the base model has sunroof, aluminum wheels, dual zone auto climate control, leather wrapped wheel, and bluetooth.

It does not have backup camera or upgraded audio/larger wheels/leather of the Premium.
    You're very welcome theras.

Car_man
    Host
  • djsilverdjsilver Member Posts: 10
    I've negotiated a 39mo/10k mi lease on a Tech Package down to $350/month with $2k out of pocket, including all tax, title, etc with the rest towards cap cost reduction (I don't recall the exact price it's based on). Seems like a solid deal but wondering if there is more wiggle room? Anyone know?

The offer on the Premium was $326 with all other terms above the same.

Thanks
    It's based on $30,995 - $500 over invoice.
    Hi djsilver. $500 over invoice is a reasonable deal for an ILX. Just make sure that the dealer that you're working with uses Acura's buy rate lease money factor of .00141 to calculate your payment (top tier) and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • yankeevicyankeevic Member Posts: 1
    That is an incredible deal. Where did you get that deal from? It's almost $100 less than the deal I was quoted yesterday & I was willing to put $3500 down.
    The more amazing part is that after I posted this, another dealer dropped the price further so I ended up at $325.99/mo, with $2k out of pocket inclusive of all tax, title, fees, etc.
    Gross cap (ILX tech package): $30153.32
    Cap cost red: $586.66
    Res: $20,345.85
    Money factor: .00141 (national lease promotion)
    Monthly: $306.81 + $19.18 tax

This is the third time I used Edmund's dealer quote system and third time I walked away feeling like I got a great deal. I sent out to 4 or 5 Boston area dealers that I wanted a lease quote on an ILX tech package, 39 mos, 10k miles, $2,000 out of pocket all in. Email only. Once I narrowed it down to a couple dealers who were serious, I picked up the phone and finished the negotiation by phone. I didn't step into the dealership until the day I went to pick up the car (I test drove the car in a different city so there would be no pressure).

Good luck!
  • mrweeksmrweeks Member Posts: 2
    Just lease 2013 ILX Premium with Tech Package Fully Loaded

12K Miles a year instead of 10K
    $372.00 Out the door with tax 38 Months
    $418.00 Down (Yes less than $500.00)
    Money factor .00084

Good deal?
    Looks like a lot better deal that I posted a few weeks earlier. Keep us posted on how you like this car!
  • uconninurfaceuconninurface Member Posts: 2
    Acura Ilx with Tech Package, $6000 down, 221 out the door. Never have leased before and was wondering what othe questions i should be asking. Please help, thanks.
  • uconninurfaceuconninurface Member Posts: 2
    Acura Ilx with Tech Package, $6000 down, $221 a month out the door. Never have leased before and was wondering what othe questions i should be asking. Please help, thanks.
  • chicagojj1chicagojj1 Member Posts: 1
    No other upfront payment?
    What about taxes, title, and doc fees?

If all you pay is $6,000 and pay just $221/mo... sounds like a good deal.
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    That is possibly the worst possible advice you could ever give somebody regarding a lease.

Are you kidding me? 6000k down, why don't you just buy the car. You NEVER put that much down on a lease, the whole point of leasing is to have a really low down payment. You shouldn't be putting anything more than 2000k down on a lease like this. With that down payment, your monthly payments should be around the $329 ball park, if they aren't hosing you.
    Welcome uconninurface. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Let me begin by saying that $6,000 is way too much money to put down when leasing. I always advise consumers to put as little as possible down on leased vehicles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered there is a good chance that any money that you put down will be lost. Even though your monthly payment will be higher, it is much safer to go with a zero down lease.

What you need to find out is what selling price the dealer is charging you for this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • dfalkoff1dfalkoff1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi - could someone help me out with the following? I am trying to find out the money factor and residual value for the 2.0 ILX with Premium package on a 36-month, 10,000 miles/yr lease.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    David
  • billherrmannbillherrmann Member Posts: 108
    On 9/31 I leased a ILX with Premium & Tech packages for 39 Months.10K per month These are the figures:
    Total down.........$2300.
    38 Monthly payments of...........$325.
    I could not be more pleased with this car. In recent years I've
    had BMW [2], Lexus [3] Infinity [3] Audi [1] Cadillac CTS, and Lincoln MKZ. So far, I can honestly say, ILX compares favorably to all of them.
  • billherrmannbillherrmann Member Posts: 108
    Sorry. It was 8/31
    Here's the information that you're looking for David. Honda Finance's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 ILX Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00024 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • brooklynaudibrooklynaudi Member Posts: 53
    Could you post the money factor and residual value for the 2.4 ILX 6-Speed Manual with Premium package on a 36-month, 12,000 miles/yr lease. Thanks.

Looks like they have a special too, $239.00 per month for 36 months. $2,299.00 total due at signing. I know your not supposed to put alot down on a car but I'm trading in an old car hoping to get $3000 for it. True car says the car should be 28,203 ($1892 off MSRP) if I could get it for that price how much would it drop the monthly payements? The offer I posted is based off $30,094 MSRP. Thanks.
    Hi brooklynaudi. Acura's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 ILX Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00024 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

There's nothing wrong with trading in your current car when leasing a new one, but you would be better off having the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in your trade rather than use the proceeds from it as a down payment on your new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • dmgoodmandmgoodman Member Posts: 17
    Hello again, Car_man.

My wife is interested in leasing an ILX Hybrid with Technology Package.

Same residual and money factor as for the gas engine ILX's?

Any dealer cash or other incentives out there?

Thanks for your help.
  • koctailzkoctailz Member Posts: 87
    All the deals in here appear to be for a 36 month lease. Does Honda/Acura Finance have any offers for a 24 month lease of the ILX?
    Hi dmgoodman,

I looked at the ILX Hybrid over the summer and the residual was lower than on the gas models. The money factor was the same. I am not sure if this still stands but would believe it may. Car_man would have more specific data, but if time is of the essence I wanted to provide the experience I had.

We wound up getting a Volvo S60 in August and waiting until Spring to lease our hybrid. I will let you know that my wife and I compared the ILX Hybrid to the Optima Hybrid and we both preferred the Kia. It was faster, took regular gas and had more features (cooled memory seats, heated steering wheel, dual sunroofs etc). At that point, the Optima Hybrid also was about $100 per month less to lease. I am still considering the ILX in the Spring but leaning towards the Kia.

Happy Hunting!!
  • dmgoodmandmgoodman Member Posts: 17
    Theras,

Thanks for sharing that information.

To be honest, the ILX wouldn't be my first choice. However, its the car my wife wants to get.

She has refused to look at it objectively - or at least from my point of view. :D
    Hey dmgoodman, I know how that can be!! Good luck with the car hunting and hopefully Car_Man can get you more specific leasing information.
  • rwarrwar Member Posts: 2
    Hey all I just leased an ILX today in the South Bay California area for 36 months. I put $400.00 down and will pay $367.98 per month (for 35 months) including tax & license. And it also included a 36 month maintenance package that changes oil, rotate tires etc...

It is a Black on Black ILX premium package and Tech package!

Oh and the residual value is $19,377.

It seems like a good deal to me as compared to what others have posted on here.
    How many miles yearly in this lease? Good job
  • rwarrwar Member Posts: 2
    Rob - 12,000 miles per year and it was at Power Acura south bay in Torrance CA.

Pretty good experience with all the sales man and thier finance guy.
    Hey dmgoodman. Through the end of the year, Acura's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 ILX Hybrid Technology with 15,000 miles per year are .00024 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is now a $750 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    You can lease an ILX for 24-months using the same lease money factor if you want to, koctailz. However, the residual values will be different.

2-year leases are usually much more expensive than 3-year leases because the large initial depreciation hit is spread out over a smaller number of payments.

Car_man
    Host
  • carshopper92carshopper92 Member Posts: 5
    got a quote for Base ILX....
    215$+tax...1500$ drive off....36 mon.... should i go for it? or wait till end of month when deals are more aggresive & dealers giving good deals. :confuse:
    Has the money factor and residual value for the 2.4 ILX 6-Speed Manual with Premium package on a 36-month, 12,000 miles/yr lease changed for December? Was hoping to get this for $300 a month, paying only taxes up front.
    Wow, where was that dealer? That would be about $250 plus tax with zero down.
  • carshopper92carshopper92 Member Posts: 5
    actually tried a bit more... and closed a deal for ILX base model 36/10k... 224$(tax included) w/ 1500$ drive off... this is in So Cal. did i do good?
  • joepojoepo Member Posts: 10
    carshopper92, that's actually a good deal. Which dealer in SoCal?
    Do you have to pay tax on the dealership fees? I have a bank fee, MV fee and a doc fee and am being charged tax ($63.00) on them. So my out of pocket is around $1300 including the first months payment ($304) on the premium model. I think this is a good deal but these fees seem excessive.
    I was quoted at $28,902.00 for the 6-speed manual premium ILX. The invoice is $28,402 for this car any chance I can get this car for invoice? Or is the dealer always going to stay above invoice? Payments would work out to be $1500 down (covering DMV and dealer fees) with $299 a month, was hoping to get a better deal in January or February if I must.
    Oh yeah I believe that the $750 cash only applies to U.S. military personnel
    I don't know where you are but I think you can do better. I just signed today on an ILX Premium. $315.00 per month. Zero down except for $317.00 which included the doc fee and tax. No first month. I could have done a bit better but this dealer was really great to work with and so close to home. Free oil changes too. Certainly pays off to shop around.
This discussion has been closed.