Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 and Earlier Fiat 500 Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
edited May 2015 in FIAT
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Fiat 500 Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Fiat 500 page.

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• jcockerjcocker Member Posts: 18
    Hi Car_Man & kyfdx,

I'd like the current money factor and residual value for the FIAT 500c Pop, 12000 miles, 42 months. I'm sure others would be interested in the full lineup of FIAT 500 rates on base and ABARTH models as well.

Thanks a bunch!
    You guys rock!
    -Jarvis
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Thanks Jarvis :shades: . Here's the information that you're looking for. Fiat's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2012 500c Pop with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are 3.96% and 39%, respectively.

I believe that Fiat runs its special lease program through Ally. As you can see Ally publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Thank you so much Car_man for your reply.

Would you mind providing the lease rate and residual for the 2012 Fiat 500 Pop (auto) (non convertible) too? Just as a comparison. 42 month, 15k miles, maybe the 36 month too, but i think the special they are running is on 42 months.

Thanks again, you are awesome! you should start your own website with all this stuff! You've been a big help to so many people throughout the years! I'd like to buy you a beer if you're ever in SF!

Cheers,
    Jarvis
    :)
    You're very welcome Jarvis. Mmmmmmm beer :).

Fiat's June programs are only scheduled to run through today. It is scheduled to introduce its new July programs some time tomorrow. Please post a reminder for me in a couple of days and I'll be happy to fill you in on what I've been able to find out about the new program.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_Man,

Could you provide me with the July Residual % and Lease Rate % for a:
    2012 FIAT 500 pop (auto)
    2012 FIAT 500c pop (auto)

12000 miles
    36 month and 42 month

Pretty Please :D
    -jarvis
  • arturob2arturob2 Member Posts: 46
    hi Car_man / kyfdx,

Do you have october residual values and money factor for a FIAT 500 Sport, 42 months and 36 months terms?

thanks!

arturo
    Hi arturo. According to the latest information that I have seen, Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Fiat 500 Sport with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are 1.63% and 43%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are 1.63% and 39%.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,350 cash incentive that is available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • arturob2arturob2 Member Posts: 46
    Hi Car_Man,

Thanks for the info. We could not agree on a price for October, so I'll try again for November.

Do you have october residual values and money factor for a FIAT 500 Sport, 42 months and 36 months terms for 12,000 miles per year?

thanks!

arturo
    You're welcome Arturo. Here's the latest info for you. Ally's November base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Fiat 500 Sport with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are 4.44% and 49%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 4.44% and 47%.

There is a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car right now. Make sure to take it into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • joepojoepo Member Posts: 10
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please provide the Nov money factor and residuals for 36 mon/12k miles/yr on a 2012 and 2013 Abarth.

Thank you,
    Joe
    Hi Joe. Fiat is not providing any lease support at all on the Abarth. As a result, I suspect that its lease program for it is pretty bad. If you really want an Abarth, you might be better off financing it if the trim level is eligible for Fiat's special financing program of 0% for up to 3 years, 1.9% for 4 years, or 2.9% for 5 years.

Car_man
    Host
  • joepojoepo Member Posts: 10
    Car_man, thanks for the info. I'll look into it.

-Joe
  • doc_vdoc_v Member Posts: 11
    Hello Car_Man,

Would you please provide the MF and Residual on a the Fiat 500 Pop for Jan/Feb?

Thanks!
    Hi doc_v. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Fiat 500 Pop Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are 1.62% and 49%.

Car_man
    Host
  • arejay73arejay73 Member Posts: 1
    Looking for 36 mo, 12 or 15k miles money factor and residual on Fiat 500c Lounge. Also, what are the Acquisition Fees for Fiat?
    Hi arejay73. Ally's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Fiat 500C Lounge with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are 0.01% and 43%.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this car.

Ally's acquisition fee is typically $595. I assume that's the case on Fiats as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • hanshansenhanshansen Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please provide the June money factor and residuals for 36 mon/10k miles/yr on a 2013 500 Sport

Thanks,

hansen
    Here you go hansen. The current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Fiat 500 Sport with an automatic transmission and 10,000 miles per year are .00017 and 48% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • ignac007ignac007 Member Posts: 3
    Hi CarGuy,

What are the money factor/residual for 36mos/12kMi/yr on a base 500T (Turbo)?

Thanks,
    Chris
  • ignac007ignac007 Member Posts: 3
    Walters Fiat in Riverside,CA.
  • buyrlbuyrl Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2013
    Hi Car_man,

Could you please provide the July MF and residuals for 36 m, 10/12K miles on a 2013 500 Sport Automatic Transmission? I know that acq fee is $595 and OH tax rate is %7.75 where I live.

There is a cash incentive of $1000 for Sport, as well as I am qualified for $500 new college graduate discount from Chrysler group.

Additionally, is there a way to eliminate the $250 doc fee that dealers charge?

Therefore I would shoot for ~17000 for an msrp $19500 car. Fingers crossed!

Thanks,
  • karhill1karhill1 Member Posts: 165
    Of course there is a way to eliminate the documentation fee, do not pay it! It is not a legitimate fee and you are not obligated to pay the dealer extra for its processing of the paperwork or delivery of the vehicle. Such costs are included in the selling price of the vehicle. The only fees a buyer should pay are those imposed by the state such as registration or sales tax.

In reality, the dealer doc fee is simply a method dealers have devised to deceive some buyers into believing they are paying less for the vehicle. The doc fee is not a fee of any sort, it is simply additional dealer profit. Dealers chose the word fee as it implies something legitimate. Dealers are very craft about such things.

The thing to understand is dealers do have to show the doc fee on the paper work. If they do not they run the risk of being sued for discriminatory sales practices if some sales contracts list the fee while others do not. However, that does not mean everyone pays the bogus fee. Savy buyers do not pay an outrageous doc fee.

Simply negitate the price of the car, say $17,000 and when the dealer brings up the $250 doc fee, demand they price of the car be reduced to $16,750.

I recently bought a vehicle where the dealer attempted to add a $500 bogus doc fee. I stated I would walk if they did not adjust the price. To compensate they lowered the selling price by $250 and increased the trade value by $250. I also noticed a guy at a nearby table who was also threatening to walk if the dealer did not adjust the price for the doc fee. That buyer was also successful.

Just be glad you are not in Florida where dealers attempt to add a doc fee of up to $1,000 or Virginia where some dealers are now looking for $600.
    karhill1, thank you for the lengthy post. This is always the area I struggle since they literally give you the paperwork with doc fee "printed" on it, so that there is no negotiation over it. But now I know to lower the price elsewhere if that fee is outrageous.

As of today I have emailed 8 nearby (~100 miles) dealers, asking for a particularly specific car. One get back to me pretty fast, the other wanted to talk over the phone which I politely refused. I assume tomorrow night I will have the numbers from most of them.

Then the only thing I need is the MF and residuals from our beloved host CarMan@Edmunds ! ;)
    I think I will pass 500 and look for the bigger brother 500L.

Can anybody tell me the MF and residual for a 2014 FIAT 500L Easy (Automatic) with Popular Equipment Group & Easy Premier Package for 36K/3yr???

Such car has an MSRP of $23045 and with my student discount I could easily make it $20225. This is the advertised price on dealer's website, so we can assume around $20000 will be just as easy.
  • jonathannycjonathannyc Member Posts: 12
    Hi CarMan!

wanted to know lease numbers on the 500 Abarth and Abarth C (Cabrio)

looking for 24/36 month residuals with 15k/yr thanks!
    Here you go buyrl. Chrysler Capital's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Fiat 500 Sport AT with 12,000 miles per year are .00090 and 45% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Doc fees are up to dealers. If you don't like it, shoot for a selling price that's $250 lower than your want...if they agree to it you have just succeeded at eliminating it ;).

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jonathannyc. Chrysler Capital's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00047 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00097 and 50%.

The numbers for the '13 500 Abarth Cabrio are .00025 / 58% and .00017 / 49%.

Car_man
    Host
    That is the lowest residual I have heard for any manufacturer! Ridiculous...
  • gmtt137gmtt137 Member Posts: 1
    Hello! Can you tell me the current residual and money factor for the Fiat 500 Pop? 36-month lease, 12,000-15,000 mi/year.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    I'm sorry... I don't have any numbers for Fiat..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• newtoocanewtooca Member Posts: 10
    i went in today and they are asking for lease on 500e and guy gave me 10,000 miles per year for 36 months 1000$ down and asking 299 per month..

good or bad...

it is for 500e electric....

V
  • redline325redline325 Member Posts: 5
    Newtooca,
    That is an awful deal. I just walked out of a Fiat dealer and I was at $1,000 down and $205 a month without even haggling yet. That's without tax. BTW the lease program advertised on their website is $1k down (tax additional) and $199 a month.
  • redline325redline325 Member Posts: 5
    Hello,
    Anyone know the MF and residual on the 2013 500e for California?
    Thanks
    I see a dozen different 500 models, but none designated as a 500e.

On a 36mo, 15K/yr lease for a 500 hatchback, money factors range from .00013 to .00183, and residuals from 36% to 42%..

Lounge? Pop? Gucci? Sport? Turbo? Abarth? Manual or automatic?
    Hatchback or Convertible?

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dat2dat2 Member Posts: 251
    I'd like to know too! Local dealer is saying residual on a 2013 500e (the electric car) is 69% after 36 mo and 12k miles per year! This seems insane to me but Chrysler must be pocketing the 7500 rebate and then jack the residual up so high so they can make money if someone decides to buy after their lease is up?
    Those are the same numbers that I have..

Captive finance companies have two ways to go with the tax credit they receive... They can offer an upfront rebate, or they can incentivize the residual and money factor.. Chrysler Financial has chosen the latter..

Of course, that won't do you much good, if you had planned on buying the car at lease end..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dat2dat2 Member Posts: 251
    Thanks, I appreciate your quick feedback! That seems a little shady to do it that way as there's no way the car will retain 69% after 3 years, unless they just love that number. At any rate, I went for the car! I picked it up tonight. It's a 2013 fiat 500e (ev). 1695 upfront inc fees and tax, 215 per month inc sales tax, option to buy at lease end for something like 23 grand. Will be applying for the 2500 rebate from California which makes it essentially (-)800 down. Plus I will be receiving a free home charging dock inc install from aero environment. Pretty good deal it seems to me. This one has the highest range of all of the "mainstream" Ev's. (EPA 87 miles)
  • zoranzoran Member Posts: 69

I am interested in 2014 500e lease. What is the best i can get

• sfmdsfmd Member Posts: 2

Happy New Year Car_Man!

Could you kindly provide the January 2014 money factor and residual value on 36 mon / 10K miles for 2014 Fiat 500L Easy with Standard Transmission, Premier Collection features, plus: Sunroof & No Navigation or other adv electronics.

Thanks so much for providing such a valuable service to the buying public, where a little knowledge & tenacity often times are enough to win the day.

Cheers,

Mark

• sfmdsfmd Member Posts: 2

One correction Car_Man, the model above is not an 500L Easy but a 500L Trekking

• thinkitoverthinkitover Member Posts: 1

Left the dealership here in New York tonight and was told this is the best they can do on one of the leftover 2013 abarth basic models they have in stock. Cloth interior and 16" wheels.

$884 tax (42 months)
    $65 for tag transfer
    $239 for 1st months payment
    $100 processing fee
    Total of $1288 out of pocket.

Bad deal?
    Four years is a long time for me since I become bored with most cars after a year.

2014 500L Trekking 36mo, 10K/yr lease

.00075 MF and 49% residual

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• giuliarobertsgiuliaroberts Member Posts: 3

What is the MF / Residual for March 2014 on 2014 Abarth 500 hatchbacks?

.00068 MF and 43% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr lease

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    .00068 MF and 43% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr lease

Thank you @kyfdx - how about for 12k/yr and 10k/yr respectively at 36 months.

Add 2% for 12K/yr, 3% for 10K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks @kyfdx@Edmunds!
    Can you also tell me the MF and residuals for leftover 2013 lease on same car, again 36mo 10-12-15k/yr ?

I'm finding many dealers with 2013s willing to discount $7-10k off MSRP

@giuliaroberts said:
    Thanks kyfdx@Edmunds!
    Can you also tell me the MF and residuals for leftover 2013 lease on same car, again 36mo 10-12-15k/yr ?

I'm finding many dealers with 2013s willing to discount $7-10k off MSRP

2013 Abarth HB:

.00014 MF and 46% residual for 24mo, 15K/yr lease... add 2% for 12K, 3% for 10K

.00072 MF and 36% residual for 42mo, 15K/yr lease. Add 2% and 3%, again..

Those are the only two terms with lease support, such as it is.. If you are getting a $10K discount, that 42 month term could be really cheap, if you can live with it, that long.

But, be aware.. it's possible they are including incentives that are incompatible with the lease programs...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• lambrettastarrlambrettastarr Member Posts: 6

Hi! Looking for the MF and Residual for a 2014 Fiat 500L Trekking for 36/12k miles.

Thanks!

@lambrettastarr said:
    Hi! Looking for the MF and Residual for a 2014 Fiat 500L Trekking for 36/12k miles.

Thanks!

.00005 MF and 51% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.