Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Fusion Spoiler -- Drag vs. Downforce?

chartierchartier Member Posts: 1
Could some nice Ford aerodynamicist explain the drag and downforce effects off the spoiler on the 2013 Fusion?

Say, at 80 mph?

Thanks!

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    I admire your optimism, but it's quite a lot to hope for that someone with such specific expertise on that exact vehicle is monitoring this discussion. If you are interested in a more general conversation about spoilers and drag v downforce, you might have better luck posted on our Maintenance & Repair board, which is here: http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ee9203e/

If you look at the list of discussions there, there are several that might be a decent fit for your question.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    I can save you some time. The answer to both is - negligible. It's for looks only.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Thanks, akirby - you were the only person I thought *might* have info, so I'm glad you stopped by!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews